Heritage Jersey

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
511xj6.png

Would love this. Maybe even more if there were a white stripe where the middle black stripe on the arms is.

EDIT: Kind of like the one CH posted.

Last edited:

Sungsanim99

Jul 14, 2007
SPOILER ALERT!

For those who didn't see it at the time, I posted this 3.5 months ago in a different thread. After that, fairly accurate white =0= concepts started popping up everywhere:

Heritage classic jersey will be:
*the inverse of the current O jersey with the predominant colour being the vintage white instead of black
*there will not be additional barber pole stripes
*the 'O' will be made of felt (that's something unexpected:handclap:)
*a special winter classic patch will be given to those who buy the jersey, to be put on the chest. I've seen that logo on icethetics.info.
*the jersey will be available in November
*it may become a regularly used jersey the following season, but the O would not be made of felt if that were the case

Based on the recent teaser photo details (heritage patch, use of felt, inverse colours etc.), I think it's safe to say the rest of my description will hold true.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Karlsson mentions something about the numbers being different than what they have now. So that's something to think about..

One thing that is for certain is that Spezza is about as enthusiastic as a wooden plank..

Sungsanim99

Jul 14, 2007
I wonder if Karlsson is referring to the material of the numbers (maybe they're felt too and give it a different look?).

Interesting choice of words from Spezza in the teaser video: "I like the way it looks and think it's been good for us." This might be further (unintentional) confirmation that it's an inverse of the black heritage with the minor tweaks i.e. felt + patch

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I really hope they don't screw this up. If the jersey was barber pole (which it appears is not) I could see the use of vintage white. But if it's a reverse heritage in VW, and/or has some stupid word mark as the logo, I literally will not buy it.

It's not hard. A pure white heritage will look stunning.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Personally don't care for the vintage white and won't be buying if that's what they role out, too bad because i would like a true white version to add to the collection.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I really hope they don't screw this up. If the jersey was barber pole (which it appears is not) I could see the use of vintage white. But if it's a reverse heritage in VW, and/or has some stupid word mark as the logo, I literally will not buy it.

It's not hard. A pure white heritage will look stunning.

My guess is vintage white for the Heritage Classic and when they switch to it being a regular third next year...classic white.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Personally don't care for the vintage white and won't be buying if that's what they role out, too bad because i would like a true white version to add to the collection.

Yep...can't stand the off-white. I mean I like the alternate jerseys right now, but they'd look better with true white IMO.

chrewilson

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

Vintage white works as an accent or secondary colour, not as the main colour. It would just look like a dirty jersey if it were vintage white all over.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
WOW those are soo nice. 10/10, if our jerseys turned out to be those I would be ecstatic.

I have a funny feeling that the =O= is going to be made entirely of felt, and same with the numbers.

Icethetics is predicting that it's going to be Senators written in cursive.

LoneSteele

Mar 5, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Purely speculation here - but could it mean anything that you have to specifically order the heritage classic game patch if you want it?

If the jersey is a one-off to be used at the heritage classic - then one would expect them to just include the patch on the jersey.

But if they expect to use the jersey again (potentially as a replacement for road whites to go with current 3rd being regular home), then it would make sense to not include the patch on every jersey sold... because we know the patch will only be used for that one game.

Probably just wishful thinking on my part. I could get behind home and away =O= jerseys.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Reminder for everyone buying a heritage jersey: This money will go directly to Melnyk and wont be used on the Sens.

I wont be buying a heritage jersey for spite of what Melnyk is doing.

andpro

Dec 30, 2009
Halifax, N.S.
I don't understand what people have against heritage white. I think if done right it looks great! E.g. London Knights and Quebec Remparts (last year).

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Purely speculation here - but could it mean anything that you have to specifically order the heritage classic game patch if you want it?

If the jersey is a one-off to be used at the heritage classic - then one would expect them to just include the patch on the jersey.

But if they expect to use the jersey again (potentially as a replacement for road whites to go with current 3rd being regular home), then it would make sense to not include the patch on every jersey sold... because we know the patch will only be used for that one game.

Probably just wishful thinking on my part. I could get behind home and away =O= jerseys.

Washington's Winter Classic replica had a heritage classic patch, despite it later becoming the third jersey.

I'm pretty sure they've used older CCM 550 cuts on some of the one off jerseys for these out door games. I think the Flyers one was a 550 that was actually made in Canada and no Indonesia.

I own one of the blank Washington Winter Classic replicas, and it's different from usual Premier jerseys. I'm not sure if it's a CCM 550 cut, but the material is a better quality air knit material, and not the terrible stuff they use for Premier jerseys that instantly attracts pulls in the fabric from light wear. Maybe it's all in my mind, but for an adult medium, it's cut differently from regular premier jerseys. It seems to be wider. It's still Indonesian made though.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Reminder for everyone buying a heritage jersey: This money will go directly to Melnyk and wont be used on the Sens.

Now it's been a while since the lockout so correct me if I'm wrong but jersey sales are part of HRR if I recall right.

The money will go to the NHL along with sales of merch around the league and a percentage of everything together will be distributed to Melnyk in the end regardless.

Last edited:

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I have a funny feeling that the =O= is going to be made entirely of felt, and same with the numbers.

Icethetics is predicting that it's going to be Senators written in cursive.
A poster that gave some info early on said it was going to have a felt logo. The felt "C" pretty much confirms what he claimed. I hope they make one felt and one non felt so I have an excuse to get two. One Lehner one Ryan.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Now it's been a while since the lockout so correct me if I'm wrong but jersey sales are part of HRR if I recall right.

The money will go to the NHL along with sales of merch around the league and a percentage of everything together will be distributed to Melnyk in the end regardless.

At least it will be slightly less?

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com

It depends where the jerseys are purchased, I think, based on a recent article on the BoH board about Detroit only selling jerseys in person at their arena.

If you buy online from NHL.com, the price is split evenly among all thirty teams. If you buy from a local retailer or the Sens Stores, more of the money goes to the Sens, I think.

So if you end up buying from NHL.com, probably only $5-10 is going directly to the Sens and Melynk.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa

You're probably the same guy who doesn't ever go to games and when he does brings his own beer and chips.

you do realize that you, as an obviously way more invested fan than others should be the first person lining up to buy the jerseys. what the hell will you do with 15K posts when the Sens get moved?

The hate for Melnyk is mind boggling to me. Frustration sure...but boycotting products out of spite is just silly.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
A poster that gave some info early on said it was going to have a felt logo. The felt "C" pretty much confirms what he claimed. I hope they make one felt and one non felt so I have an excuse to get two.

Damn. me too! One vintage white with Felt, the other plain white without Felt!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad