Player Discussion Henri Jokiharju

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I had no idea he was already this strong. His ability to headman the puck while carrying Scandella on his back is just an amazing feat of strength.

Time to move on from Bogosian! The best thing I can think of in the past 3 seasons. Ristolainen for me has to be the right impact deal. Bogosian goes for the best rental rate we can get. Regardless of how good he is in the room, Colin Miller has been so much of a relief!

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Time to move on from Bogosian! The best thing I can think of in the past 3 seasons. Ristolainen for me has to be the right impact deal. Bogosian goes for the best rental rate we can get. Regardless of how good he is in the room, Colin Miller has been so much of a relief!

Borgen is ready. Send off both Risto and bogo for the right prices when the opportunity knocks. I'm the biggest fan of physical hockey you'll find on this board but I'd sell away that physicality they offer in the right deals easily.

Dietpepsi

Jun 27, 2015
I was really impressed with him last game. hope he continues his great play.
Going to have some decisions when everybody gets healthy, but hope he sticks in the lineup

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I’m waiting for Ristolainen to get traded and Pilut and Montour to get healthy.

McCabe - Jokiharju reminds me of when Jake was paired with Pysyk. Could be a shutdown pair.
It's definitely intriguing. The issue with McCabe-Risto is they have a lot of the same flaws, and at times they become amplified due to this.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Jokiharju has been really, really good in the games I've seen. He plays a modern game on the backend and is a heady player. This was a savvy addition by Botteril, especially with the expansion draft looming.
Best trade he's made so far. I like what he's done with the defense. He built it with efficient trades. Just need to make room for the Jokiharju.

Dahlin-Miller
Pilut-Montour
McCabe-Jokiharu
Scandella
You can divide the ice time pretty evenly between the three pairs. Scandella, with the way he's played, is a great depth defenseman.

swisssabre

Jul 18, 2015
Am I the only thinking, this kid looks unreal on ice? at this young age, he's showing his true potential. He's got so much poise, precision passing, making good decisions all the time. Just don't overplay him, let him grow constantly. Botteril, this trade was a STEAL!

Reactions: Fearnot

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Best trade he's made so far. I like what he's done with the defense. He built it with efficient trades. Just need to make room for the Jokiharju.

Dahlin-Miller
Pilut-Montour
McCabe-Jokiharu
Scandella
You can divide the ice time pretty evenly between the three pairs. Scandella, with the way he's played, is a great depth defenseman.
This would have the be one of the best puck-moving d-cores in the league. I'm not huge on grit, but this group might have just enough on each pair, as McCabe, Montour and Miller play with at least some physicality every now and again. By and large, they're a slick group that would hopefully not spend a ton of time in their own end.

Archie Lee

Apr 13, 2018

Dahlin-Miller
Pilut-Montour
McCabe-Jokiharu
Scandella

I don't think we see Pilut in Buffalo this year unless Dahlin either misses games or establishes himself as a guy who Krueger has confidence in to protect a lead and kill a penalty. With the need for two pairings to use in those scenarios, until Dahlin solidifies himself in the coaches mind that he fits on those pairings I think Pilut will be in Rochester.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
I'm disappointed no on has created a meme for him yet with the quote from the movie, " Can you do me a favor, can you call me the Joker":DD

Kid looks like a stud and fits this system like a glove.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I don't think we see Pilut in Buffalo this year unless Dahlin either misses games or establishes himself as a guy who Krueger has confidence in to protect a lead and kill a penalty. With the need for two pairings to use in those scenarios, until Dahlin solidifies himself in the coaches mind that he fits on those pairings I think Pilut will be in Rochester.
As far as defensive ability goes, Pilut-Jokiharju is the best pairing we can put together in that regard.

js31

Aug 2, 2005
Sorry if this has already been asked, but is he expansion-exempt?...Capfriendly shows him as non-exempt.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Sorry if this has already been asked, but is he expansion-exempt?...Capfriendly shows him as non-exempt.

Dahlin-Miller
Pilut-Montour
McCabe-Jokiharu
Scandella
If Scandella keeps up his play, McCabe could be the odd-man out.

But let's be real. There will be other injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad