Player Discussion Henri Jokiharju

Archie Lee

Apr 13, 2018
Sabres look like they will have a solid 6 man D for the foreseeable future. Assuming E. Johnson is not retained after this season, and with pairings subject to change, the following looks good to me:

Samuelsson / Dahlin
Power / Jokiharju
R. Johnson / Clifton

What really makes the D group is that in Dahlin they have a legit top 10 (probably top 5) d-man and in Power they have a 2nd guy who would be the #1 d-man on half of the team's in the league.

I think Joker gets a nice extension.

Efectzoer

Jun 22, 2018
Jokiharju is only 24 which is still young for D. He was rushed into the league and dman take longer develop. People never game him a chance

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Am I the only one who is like…sure he’s gone?

1. How much are they going to pay their third pair. Assuming Samuelsson in the top 4…or don’t. If he’s in the bottom pair with Clifton that’s still like 7.5 million for third pair guys.

2. If they want to change the makeup of the D hes the one who is going. Won’t be Dahlin, Power, Byram or Samuelsson. Clifton has no value. Rhd rfa does.

3. He has arbitration rights and I don’t think they want any part of that ever. You get signed early…or you get gone.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008

1. How much are they going to pay their third pair. Assuming Samuelsson in the top 4…or don’t. If he’s in the bottom pair with Clifton that’s still like 7.5 million for third pair guys.

2. If they want to change the makeup of the D hes the one who is going. Won’t be Dahlin, Power, Byram or Samuelsson. Clifton has no value. Rhd rfa does.

3. He has arbitration rights and I don’t think they want any part of that ever. You get signed early…or you get gone.
Definitely not. I'm pretty sure he's gone as well.

He will get too much in arbitration for them to keep him around on the third pairing unless they plan to move Samuelsson which I highly doubt.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest

Depends what his contract ask is I think. If he comes back at close to his last deal, I imagine they keep him around. If he is looking for a substantial raise, I think he is moved.

He played pretty well when he wasn't playing with Power or Byram, and his game looks to be still evolving. The chatter out of the org is also that he is a great teammate, everyone likes him, and he brings energy to the group, so they probably see more to him than his lack of chemistry with Power or Byram as a reason to keep him around.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL

No, I'm fairly certain he's out the door. The numbers don't make sense with him in the picture.

I personally think he's a good piece in a hockey trade for a 4C (Lars Eller, Nico Sturm, etc).

Reactions: slip

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
No, I'm fairly certain he's out the door. The numbers don't make sense with him in the picture.

I personally think he's a good piece in a hockey trade for a 4C (Lars Eller, Nico Sturm, etc).
That’s what I mean. He’s going to have some value just due to position and age. And I imagine whoever the coach is will want someone to lay a body every now and then back there in his spot.

There were rumors Adams was working on a deal for another D even after the Byram trade. Now…we can’t know if that’s true for sure…but I buy it. Joker feels like he’s going out to me.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
If Adams can't flip him for a useful bottom six role player to create that elusive "identity" he spoke of the other day, he needs to fall on his sword and move on to other employment.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Would anyone look at Henri for someone like Kotkaniemi as a possible 3C deal?
Guy's definitely worn out his welcome in Carolina. Could have a Sam Bennett type situation on our hands, cheaply acquiring a young but highly skilled forward struggling to find his way in the NHL. Plus you get two full seasons to see what he can do and still have the option at the end of the second season to buy out his contract at a reasonable cap hip. I like it.

Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I floated this on the CAR board and it was a mix of “I’d do that” and “I’d rather have a pick” but even for the latter it seems the value is right.

I’m not totally sold on KK but he’s a guy who kind of fits age and roll and he’s had a couple of years having Rod crack the whip on him. Carolina is going to have to look at who they want to keep around with some of their UFA situation. Henri has some good metrics for the people who do the advanced public stuff although I wonder what some of the deeper, pay to know things say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad