Recalled/Assigned: Hayton assigned to Tucson

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That's precisely what I was advocating for all of last season. Maybe if he didn't take two full seasons off of hockey, we wouldn't be in this position.
He should be a PPG player in the AHL. Not sure what is wrong with him, but he better get his head out of his ass.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Seriously wouldn’t be surprised if BA looks to trade Hayton for a different young player if he falls on his face this year. BA didn’t draft him and I doubt he would have if he was in charge that year.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I'm sure he needs a few games just to get his head right. He was just starting to play well when he was sent down. I'm still not sold on him by any means but I'm not surprised at all he hasn't produced down there yet. Give him some time. They may have missed the boat to trade him for good value as a former high pick.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm assuming Hayton is getting top 6 type minutes, yet in 3 games he has 1 SOG. WTF!

Stats - TucsonRoadrunners.com

He is very deferential and looks for a good pass first. He likes to hang on to the puck a bit too long, and shield it with his body. Sometimes Hayton stops skating to do this, thinking he has more time than he does now that he's in the pros. He's got quite a bit in common with Dylan Strome in terms of overall approach to the game.

It's important to remember he's only 20. Garland is four years older. I know everyone looks around the league and sees top 10 picks sometime dominating right out of the gate, but it's okay if a player takes a few years. They f***ed up by having him just 'watch' for a year under RT. Now he can go down to Tucson, get his head right, and receive 1 on 1 coaching. There's no politics or dumb coaching standing in the way of him moving up the ranks in Tucson. He's going to play.

All that matters is who shows up to camp next year, not his stat line right now. Garland looked like a huge bust coming from the Q and now he is the best offensive threat this team has had in a decade. After witnessing Hayton play before being sent down, I am not worried at all. He'll be a 2C at a minimum, in my mind.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'm not giving up on Hayton but I worry that we ruined him in yet another example of Coyotes stellar "development". I still wonder how Crouse would be if he had gone back too.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm sure he needs a few games just to get his head right. He was just starting to play well when he was sent down. I'm still not sold on him by any means but I'm not surprised at all he hasn't produced down there yet. Give him some time. They may have missed the boat to trade him for good value as a former high pick.
He went down last year and played 5 games and had 5 pts. Give him time my ass. He has to produce in the AHL NOW. I think Doan has to go to Tucson and give him a good talking to. I'm with you that I thought he was playing better and better, but still way below our expectations, and I'm sure the Yotes as well, and that is why they sent him down. The only thing he has going for him at the moment is his age. He was given a golden opportunity to be one of our C's because as we all know our C strength is one of the worst in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad