Confirmed with Link: Haula, Wallmark, Priskie & Luostarinen for Trocheck; 2021 5th round pick to VGK

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Warsofsky going to quit like Vellucci and go to a team that won't call up or trade all of his talent.

Or Vellucci didnt want to be forced to run the Canes system and wanted to run his own system to show off his skill set.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
From: Final trade grades: Grading all 31 NHL teams with trade season wrapped up - The Athletic - Craig Custance

The approach by GM Don Waddell and his front office was to try and make deals that will help beyond this season, and they definitely pulled it off. They added a legitimate top-six center in Vincent Trocheck without giving up anything that’s going to come back to haunt them – especially considering the early ask from Florida was Martin Necas, and who can blame the Panthers for taking that shot?

Necas - so in demand.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
From: Final trade grades: Grading all 31 NHL teams with trade season wrapped up - The Athletic - Craig Custance

Necas - so in demand.

Yeah, if anything, I think we actually kinda underrate him around here. Having Svech, Aho and Turbo can do that, but in the end, Necas has No. 1 center potential and an outside shot at a 50-point rookie season in the NHL at age 20. If it weren't for Svech, Necas would be the subject of all our hopes and dreams. In two years:

Aho-Trocheck-Teravainen
Svech-Necas-Bokk
Nino-Staal-Foegele

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Well, let's not forget there are some very fine beet farms just outside of Scranton. Charlotte, not so much.
giphy.gif

hurricure

Sr Vice President of Snacking
Oct 8, 2016
Trail BC
Yeah, if anything, I think we actually kinda underrate him around here. Having Svech, Aho and Turbo can do that, but in the end, Necas has No. 1 center potential and an outside shot at a 50-point rookie season in the NHL at age 20. If it weren't for Svech, Necas would be the subject of all our hopes and dreams. In two years:

Aho-Trocheck-Teravainen
Svech-Necas-Bokk
Nino-Staal-Foegele
you forgot 2024 bionic JWilly

PerimeterPlier

Mar 8, 2019
I like this trade and Trocheck a lot, it checks a lot of boxes for the Canes if he meshes in well.

It also reminds me of something I've been thinking every now and then, namely that for some reason the Canes have very few North American forwards who can score. So I've been wondering whether the large amount of European forwards in the team could actually be bothering some fans a bit? I'm not from NA myself, but I know it might feel a bit weird if most of my local team stars weren't from my country. It's mostly because it often results in a feeling that neither the players nor the people around them are able to express their thoughts as well as they'd like in various fan interactions, interviews etc. So could make it harder for people to identify with the team.

Anyway, not sure if that even is a thing for anyone, just something I've been wondering... But I have to say that in addition to the hockey player in Trocheck, I also do like the fact that there's now one more forward who can give more in-depth and natural interview responses at times, like Staal and Williams can. Europeans are mostly just good for basic hockey jargon in interviews, Nino and his pucks in deep being the prime example.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I like this trade and Trocheck a lot, it checks a lot of boxes for the Canes if he meshes in well.

It also reminds me of something I've been thinking every now and then, namely that for some reason the Canes have very few North American forwards who can score. So I've been wondering whether the large amount of European forwards in the team could actually be bothering some fans a bit? I'm not from NA myself, but I know it might feel a bit weird if most of my local team stars weren't from my country. It's mostly because it often results in a feeling that neither the players nor the people around them are able to express their thoughts as well as they'd like in various fan interactions, interviews etc. So could make it harder for people to identify with the team.

Anyway, not sure if that even is a thing for anyone, just something I've been wondering... But I have to say that in addition to the hockey player in Trocheck, I also do like the fact that there's now one more forward who can give more in-depth and natural interview responses at times, like Staal and Williams can. Europeans are mostly just good for basic hockey jargon in interviews, Nino and his pucks in deep being the prime example.

I honestly think no one gives a shit here.

That's a weirdly Canadian thing, I think. Hockey isn't "native" to the South, so it's not like we have a "grits and collards" hockey style.

Guys who work hard can come from anywhere, and that's what we want to see.

Also, some of our Euros give great interviews.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00