Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)/Maine Mariners (ECHL) Thread: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I think they’re probably thinking McKegg deserves to play right now but If they move someone up and a 4th line spot opens up it’s gotta be Gettinger. He’s been tremendous the last few weeks.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You watch HAJek score that goal yesterday where he takes off from his end give and go looks like Chytil coming down the wing rips it far side by the goalie and you wonder how the hell this kid has never scored an AHL goal? Where is the offense? He makes it look effortless on that rush. I remember his WJC he was dynamic I just don’t know where it went.

Reactions: egelband

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Happy March, i believe that, as of now, NYR could ELC Nick Jones to a deal the begins NEXT season

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
btw, hoping (unrealistically) for handful of trades today, of guys in Harftford/Maine,
to tweak the Pack roster balance, before AHL playoff roster deadline in a few hours

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m watching Hartford’s games right now from the weekend.

I’m really impressed with how far Kravtsov’s skating has come in a few months. He’s moving his feet every shift and just looks a lot smoother. He’s been good in every game.

the powerplay is killing them and it’s mainly because it runs thru lettieri. They’re one of the worst in the league.

they have Kravtsov on the left wall and high. Total opposite of where he should be. Lettieri and he should switch spots. This is the garbage the Rangers were doing a few months ago. Dumb as hell.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
What is the latest with Rykov and Hajek? It's a bit unsettling if the organization doesn't view them as a better option than Smith.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
What is the latest with Rykov and Hajek? It's a bit unsettling if the organization doesn't view them as a better option than Smith.

i think you are jumping to conclusions here, presuming that their staying w Pack reflects their value in eyes of NYR FO

Hajek needs the work, the icetime, the coaching w Murph and KK; ,
Rykov has been out a lot lately, again, after missing the first couple months, he's played only 27 games here in NA

the team is restricted in callups these last few weeks of regular season
and fact is, this season doesn't matter, no genuine need to rush them
these couple weeks of success have been really fun, if it ends this week and their pick falls to top 10, zero downside

if these guys are really important to NYR future,
we gotta remind ourselves that this is not the year when they are really important

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
You watch HAJek score that goal yesterday where he takes off from his end give and go looks like Chytil coming down the wing rips it far side by the goalie and you wonder how the hell this kid has never scored an AHL goal? Where is the offense? He makes it look effortless on that rush. I remember his WJC he was dynamic I just don’t know where it went.
I think he’s got it, I think it’s just the last part of his game that gets up to speed when he gets into new environments.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I think he’s got it, I think it’s just the last part of his game that gets up to speed when he gets into new environments.
yeah, hindsight is 20/20, but, especially with the new HWP staff,
it night have been better for Hajek to have started the season w HWP,
(or at least joined them on Oct 29 when Lindgren came up)
he was inconsistent and often seemed uncertain in many NYR games, it is good he is finding his game for this playoff run w Pack

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
yeah, hindsight is 20/20, but, especially with the new HWP staff,
it night have been better for Hajek to have started the season w HWP,
(or at least joined them on Oct 29 when Lindgren came up)
he was inconsistent and often seemed uncertain in many NYR games, it is good he is finding his game for this playoff run w Pack
Early on I thought he was the second best defenseman behind Fox, but his play started to wane while most of the rest of the defensemen started to get their own games together. I don’t think his time as a pro has necessarily been ideal, but I also think adversity is a good thing to learn how to deal with early

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Rykov just seems to be missing his first step. I think it is because of the injury. I almost don’t want to evaluate him anymore until after a healthy summer working out. See what he looks like next fall.

Hajek and Kravtsov are just two guys that will be better at the nhl level than at the A.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Rykov just seems to be missing his first step. I think it is because of the injury. I almost don’t want to evaluate him anymore until after a healthy summer working out. See what he looks like next fall.

Hajek and Kravtsov are just two guys that will be better at the nhl level than at the A.

by the way Gettinger on the other hand is a guy that will he better in the A than the NHL. Even as good as he’s played recently I don’t see him impacting games with his foot speed. It’s not straight line it’s first step off the walls. It’s just imo not there. Maybe a 4th line option maybe and pker but again the stop and starts will hurt him there.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007

I’m really impressed with how far Kravtsov’s skating has come in a few months. He’s moving his feet every shift and just looks a lot smoother. He’s been good in every game.

the powerplay is killing them and it’s mainly because it runs thru lettieri. They’re one of the worst in the league.

they have Kravtsov on the left wall and high. Total opposite of where he should be. Lettieri and he should switch spots. This is the garbage the Rangers were doing a few months ago. Dumb as hell.

Could be worse - we could be playing our defensemen in the slot!

frisland

Apr 9, 2003
So, if Boo gets 4 more NHL games he stays RFA this year, if he doesn't get them he goes UFA.... does he get them? do we care?

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
So, if Boo gets 4 more NHL games he stays RFA this year, if he doesn't get them he goes UFA.... does he get them? do we care?

we definitely don't care...and the rangers don't care either. if they feel he's the right guy to call up they will, but they aren't an organization that will call him up just to screw him and make him a rfa.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
we definitely don't care...and the rangers don't care either. if they feel he's the right guy to call up they will, but they aren't an organization that will call him up just to screw him and make him a rfa.

It doesn't matter if Boo is an UFA or a RFA. It's not like his next contract is going to be high enough to require compensation for signing him as a RFA.

That said I don't see why he's called up.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Is it strategic, no.
But Vinni, Fogarty, O'Regan will UFA, PdG may keep his depth F role w NYR,
Boo could provide vet continuity for Pack, who will have another batch of new guys joining the young group of prospects.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Is it strategic, no.
But Vinni, Fogarty, O'Regan will UFA, PdG may keep his depth F role w NYR,
Boo could provide vet continuity for Pack, who will have another batch of new guys joining the young group of prospects.

i rather see Vinni up over Nieves and resign Vinni. Nieves is awful. even as a 4th liner he does nothing, at least Vinni shoots the puck. he just need to work on other parts of his game.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

annoying thing is that Lettieri has a good shot but it's not THAT good that the entire powerplay should be about setting him up

Reactions: Ola
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad