Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)/Maine Mariners (ECHL) Thread: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Hartford and Maine will definitely get some fresh blood in the next 6 months, wonder how it will translate for the teams.

Just looking at the Rangers contracts they have Beleskey, Gropp, Leedahl, Fontaine, Fogarty, Nieves, Lettieri, O'Regan, Crawley, Raddysh and Ebert all are free agents

Of that group I'd bring back Fontaine, Fogarty, Nieves, Lettieri and Raddysh. The rest I'd left walk in UFA or go untendered

And they're going to bring in/potentially bring in Wall, Miller, Khodorenko, Barron, Lundkvist, Pajuniemi, Reunanen and whoever else they sign and acquire in the summer

Should be fun to see
  • Beleskey definitely gone.
  • I can see O’Regan staying because of his connection to DQ.
  • Fogarty likely re-signed as the leader of the team
  • Lettieri probably walks to find an NHL opportunity somewhere
  • Fontaine RFA - stays
  • Nieves RFA - stays
  • Leedahl RFA - goes
  • Gropp RFA - goes
  • Raddysh RFA - stays
  • Crawley RFA - undetermined
  • Ebert UFA - probably goes
Certainly will have forward spots available for Barron, Khodorenko, Pajuniemi. Maybe even Henriksson.

On D you are left with Hajek, Rykov, Raddysh, Day. Maybe Crawley. You may see someone like Rykov go back overseas. Or Rykov/Hajek get a chance at a LD spot on the NHL roster depending how the offseason moves go. Miller will get his spot. Then there Reunanen. Possibly Guiattari.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Hartford and Maine will definitely get some fresh blood in the next 6 months, wonder how it will translate for the teams.

Just looking at the Rangers contracts they have Beleskey, Gropp, Leedahl, Fontaine, Fogarty, Nieves, Lettieri, O'Regan, Crawley, Raddysh and Ebert all are free agents

Of that group I'd bring back Fontaine, Fogarty, Nieves, Lettieri and Raddysh. The rest I'd left walk in UFA or go untendered

And they're going to bring in/potentially bring in Wall, Miller, Khodorenko, Barron, Lundkvist, Pajuniemi, Reunanen and whoever else they sign and acquire in the summer

Should be fun to see

what about Nick Jones? I feel Rangers will give him an ELC, at least I hope he gets one. more depth for the 4th line spot is not a bad thing

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
realistically......the pack are going to get a significant injection of young talent next year.

the basically slam dunks being Nils, Khordorenko, Barron, and Miller

less likely but still likely being Wall, Reunanen, Pajuniemi

if this happens, our top 20 prospects not in the N/AHL from last Winter are Zac Jones, Matt Robertson, Karl Henriksson, and Hunter Skinner.

Reactions: Ola

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Nick Jones, NYR have no control over unless/until he signs an ELC
Nieves goes UFA, unless he dresses for 4 NYR games these next few weeks, so he probably leaves
Lettieri i really doubt he would re-sign with NYR after being ignored re call-ups this season

Belelskey probably does to Europe unless he settles for an expensive 2-way deal like 300-400$k in AHL
Fogarty could decide Pack are a comfortable, familiar option if he accepts the NHL may not there for him
ORegan goes wherever he gets an NHL offer

Raddysh gets QO, maybe Gropp if they see growth,

less certain re QO's Fontaine after not getting noticed much, or Crawley after KK didnt use him much,
but depth at C and D were issues this year ...

Leedhal no QO

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Beleskey--gone
Gropp--gone
Leedahl--LOL gone
Fontaine--gone
Fogarty--They may offer him an AHL max deal, but he probably leaves
Nieves--probably not qualified if RFA, definitely leaves if UFA
Lettieri--they'll offer him a deal but he probably walks
O'Regan--he may re-sign
Day--let him walk
Raddysh--QO
Ebert--AHL deal if he'll take it
Berube--AHL deal
Jones--gut tells me he's not getting an offer or signing as he hasn't already

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Beleskey--gone
Gropp--gone
Leedahl--LOL gone
Fontaine--gone
Fogarty--They may offer him an AHL max deal, but he probably leaves
Nieves--probably not qualified if RFA, definitely leaves if UFA
Lettieri--they'll offer him a deal but he probably walks
O'Regan--he may re-sign
Day--let him walk
Raddysh--QO
Ebert--AHL deal if he'll take it
Berube--AHL deal
Jones--gut tells me he's not getting an offer or signing as he hasn't already

Day is not RFA til '21 per CF
yeah. too bad about likely N.Jones outcome

Reactions: nyr2k2

Chytiljuice1

Mar 10, 2020
i see him as a Tory Krug type. would that be a good comparison for Zac Jones
Yeah,I think that's a pretty good comparison, I don't know if Jones will ever get that slap shot that put Krug on the map,but I think Jones has more defensive upside. I thought he looked better than Miller at World Juniors. Then he had a solid freshman year.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Yeah,I think that's a pretty good comparison, I don't know if Jones will ever get that slap shot that put Krug on the map,but I think Jones has more defensive upside. I thought he looked better than Miller at World Juniors. Then he had a solid freshman year.

I have this odd feeling that Jones will be better than Miller and Miller will leave you wanting more.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Pack Sign Forward Mike O'Leary | Hartford Wolf Pack
"Wolf Pack general manager Chris Drury announced today that the Wolf Pack has signed forward Mike O’Leary to an AHL contract."

curious if the deal, an AHL SPC, includes next season

when Nick Jones signed, was a 2-year AHL deal, covering last spring and this year
A long shot named Nick Jones
"Drury signed North Dakota standout Nick Jones to a two-year AHL contract."

others may be more fluent re AHL T&Cs than I am
I believe such deals, if expiring in a couple months,
while giving Pack some RFA type-rights restricting other AHL teams,
would not block another NHL team from signing him to an ELC

if his AHL deal includes next year, I believe he could not sign another team's NHL ELC ...

tell me where I am mistaken, thanks

UPDATE apparently this Tweet by Leslie indicates a 2 season AHL deal (this and next)

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Pack Sign Forward Mike O'Leary | Hartford Wolf Pack
"Wolf Pack general manager Chris Drury announced today that the Wolf Pack has signed forward Mike O’Leary to an AHL contract."

curious if the deal, an AHL SPC, includes next season

when Nick Jones signed, was a 2-year AHL deal, covering last spring and this year
A long shot named Nick Jones
"Drury signed North Dakota standout Nick Jones to a two-year AHL contract."

others may be more fluent re AHL T&Cs than I am
I believe such deals, if expiring in a couple months,
while giving Pack some RFA type-rights restricting other AHL teams,
would not block another NHL team from signing him to an ELC

if his AHL deal includes next year, I believe he could not sign another team's NHL ELC ...

tell me where I am mistaken, thanks

UPDATE apparently this Tweet by Leslie indicates a 2 season AHL deal (this and next)

I think Leslie might be using the number 2 instead of "to" in her tweet, Like she says "Khodorenko 2 NHL ELC"--his ELC is three years, not two. I think she's saying we signed him to an ELC. So if that's the case, she's probably not saying anything about the length of O'Leary's deal, just that we signed him to one.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
Lettieri, Beleskey, and Geertsen all suspended for three games for their actions in the big dust-up against Springfield on Sunday. Pack's in full collapse and them finishing with a playoff spot is no longer a sure thing.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Lettieri, Beleskey, and Geertsen all suspended for three games for their actions in the big dust-up against Springfield on Sunday. Pack's in full collapse and them finishing with a playoff spot is no longer a sure thing.

Can they serve suspension while called up to the varsity, lol?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Elmer and Huska back up today. Brassard released from PTO...rather quickly.

Maybe they just sent Huska down to play yesterday's Maine game.

Reactions: Osminator

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I have this odd feeling that Jones will be better than Miller and Miller will leave you wanting more.

I don't think it's an odd feeling. I've seen them both limited times but I was more impressed by Jones. My hope is that Miller, being a big guy, might need more time.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
2020-03-11 Conner Bleackley (C) Hartford ADD Signed to PTO

Bleackley and Elmer are no doubt responses to the suspensions. They also added O'Leary and Khodorenko. They may lose someone to an emergency recall if Chytil is out.

Reactions: Osminator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad