Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)/Maine Mariners (ECHL) Thread: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
annoying thing is that Lettieri has a good shot but it's not THAT good that the entire powerplay should be about setting him up

There are different philosophies and backgrounds, and I am sure that I am out towards the end some kind of scale on this topic, but I think the players on HFD are egoistic on the PP and especially Vinnie. I am not sure if the PP goes through him, but every time he gets the pucks he takes a shot.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Looks like Hartford is in a bit of a slide. They've lost 3 straight and are 4-5-1 in their last 10.

They are now 6th in the conference and just a 6 point lead on the 9th place team. I believe that they have 16 games left in the regular season.

They need a boost in talent. Miller could help as would Wall and Baron but the latter 2 will likely have decent playoff runs in the NCAA.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
They need a boost in talent. Miller could help as would Wall and Baron but the latter 2 will likely have decent playoff runs in the NCAA.

Yeah aside from Miller, Nanne, everyone else in NYR pipeline, who could join Pack (Barron, Wall, Tarmo, Gross, Skinner, ... ) (was it written that Robertson is too young?) likely has at least a few more weeks before soonest availability.
NCAA seasons are ending in bunches, could see UDFA or 2 ...

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
All hell just broke lose here in Springfield. Insane mass brawl that delayed the game for over 20 minutes. Brady Keeper of Springfield is getting a lengthy suspension for putting his hands on an official trying to drag him to the box.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
All hell just broke lose here in Springfield. Insane mass brawl that delayed the game for over 20 minutes. Brady Keeper of Springfield is getting a lengthy suspension for putting his hands on an official trying to drag him to the box.

On the Hartford end Lettieri got a game misconduct for leaving the bench and Geertsen a game misconduct for leaving the penalty box. Those things may be suspendable too. Beleskey's had the fight with Keeper and then at the end of the period got a boarding major but apparently not a game misconduct (?) he and this Will Lochead who seems to be a goonish type had a disagreement and then Beleskey nailed him first chance he got. Just from listening to the Hartford radio guy Bob Crawford he didn't even think it was worth more than a minor if that.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Looks like Hartford is in a bit of a slide. They've lost 3 straight and are 4-5-1 in their last 10.

They are now 6th in the conference and just a 6 point lead on the 9th place team. I believe that they have 16 games left in the regular season.

The positive for the Pack is 4 teams from each division make the playoffs no matter what, so they are 9 points up on 5th place Scranton.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

I think Reunanen could help a lot too.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Huska looks like a legit NHL prospect in some capacity.

Wall is having a great year. IDK where he ranks with the other goalie propsects, though.

Huska is big. I don’t know if the puck is just hitting him b/c of his size or he’s legit. In Stamford, I thought Wall was better.

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Perfect ending for f..ed up weekend, Ebert scores on his own net (deflected, but soft), down 3-1 with a minute to go.

0 pts in 3 games this weekend. Simply terrible in all aspects.

Reactions: bl02

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007

This has happened literally every season since PAP and Anisimov left, and it’s a joke. Not at all surprised.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
shesty isn’t eligible?

To be eligible for the AHL playoffs, the player had to be on the AHL roster as of the trade deadline. It’s why they sent down Gauthier and Howden and brought them back up on a paper transaction.

I’m not actually clear how that works for players not already under contract or tryout. Like if they sign Miller, Barron, Wall, and a UDFA out of college to ATOs, are these guys eligible for the AHL playoffs?

Reactions: egelband

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
To be eligible for the AHL playoffs, the player had to be on the AHL roster as of the trade deadline. It’s why they sent down Gauthier and Howden and brought them back up on a paper transaction.

I’m not actually clear how that works for players not already under contract or tryout. Like if they sign Miller, Barron, Wall, and a UDFA out of college to ATOs, are these guys eligible for the AHL playoffs?
I was wondering that earlier and checked because I thought Ronning might've but I forgot Hartford has sucked the last 4 years. But luckily Brady Skjei suited up for 15 playoff games in Hartford after finishing his junior year at Minnesota in 2015.

Reactions: Tawnos

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I was wondering that earlier and checked because I thought Ronning might've but I forgot Hartford has sucked the last 4 years. But luckily Brady Skjei suited up for 15 playoff games in Hartford after finishing his junior year at Minnesota in 2015.

Yes he did. At that was definitely an ATO, because the following year was the first season of his ELC. So I guess the roster rule only applies to guys already under contract.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
As to Shesterkin, if the Rangers aren’t in the playoffs I would think he’s got a good chance to play for Russia at the World Championships. The Russian goalies in the NHL are mostly going to be in the playoffs. Exceptions being Varlamov, who is currently in a playoff spot. Though if the Islanders miss the playoffs, there’s a decent chance the Rangers are in.

The other one is Bobrovsky, but he’s 31 and might rather rest.

Sorokin is in that mix too.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Is Pajuniemi a possibility to come over? I saw TPS sent him down to their Junior team for the stretch run. So looks unlikely he is an option.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Has their been any updated on Nieves? Feel like they're missing him as a center for them.

He might not be an NHLer, but he's really solid for this team.

Reactions: egelband and Ola
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad