Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)/Maine Mariners (ECHL) Thread: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Lund

Feb 23, 2019
Phil DeG is the only other player I would have considered for the AHL playoffs. Does the fact that he played about half the season there do nothing to make him eligible?

Reactions: Osminator and Ola

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
To play in the Calder Cup playoffs, you have to be on the roster by 3 p.m. on the day of the NHL trade deadline. This is only for NHL-contracted players. That's why the CHL, European, NCAA guys, etc. can sign and play in the playoffs. We can send down other guys to play in the AHL, but they're not eligible for the playoffs.

There are four spots for guys to be recalled after the deadline. We used two. So we now have two spots left to call up a player. There are unlimited emergency call-ups in case of injury to an NHL player. If the Hartford's season somehow ends before ours, those guys then all become eligible for recall with no more restrictions on how many we can call up (as it relates to the 4-player maximum I said earlier).

Someone like PDG who is waiver-eligible would have had to clear waivers yesterday and would have to clear waivers moving forward. That's probably why he wasn't sent down.

Otherwise, outside Howden and Gauthier, none of our NHL rostered players will be playing in the Calder Cup. They can go down when our season is over for a week (I don't even know if Hartford has games at that time), but when the playoffs start, they're done.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
To play in the Calder Cup playoffs, you have to be on the roster by 3 p.m. on the day of the NHL trade deadline. This is only for NHL-contracted players. That's why the CHL, European, NCAA guys, etc. can sign and play in the playoffs. We can send down other guys to play in the AHL, but they're not eligible for the playoffs.

There are four spots for guys to be recalled after the deadline. We used two. So we now have two spots left to call up a player. There are unlimited emergency call-ups in case of injury to an NHL player. If the Hartford's season somehow ends before ours, those guys then all become eligible for recall with no more restrictions on how many we can call up (as it relates to the 4-player maximum I said earlier).

Someone like PDG who is waiver-eligible would have had to clear waivers yesterday and would have to clear waivers moving forward. That's probably why he wasn't sent down.

Otherwise, outside Howden and Gauthier, none of our NHL rostered players will be playing in the Calder Cup. They can go down when our season is over for a week (I don't even know if Hartford has games at that time), but when the playoffs start, they're done.

That makes sense, now. Thank you for clearing that up!!

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
So is Rykov hurt? This would be his chance to get a call up

Hajek playing we’ll or incinsistent?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
To play in the Calder Cup playoffs, you have to be on the roster by 3 p.m. on the day of the NHL trade deadline. This is only for NHL-contracted players. That's why the CHL, European, NCAA guys, etc. can sign and play in the playoffs. We can send down other guys to play in the AHL, but they're not eligible for the playoffs....

thank you
but did i also hear that the AHL trade deadline is not til next Monday?
was the restraint on this past monday that a player had to be an 'any' AHL roster on last Monday?

before next Monday, could NYR trade a minor league player, prospect or pick, for similar, and any involved AHL player(s) could play AHL playoffs for the new AHL team?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Rykov just isn’t there the nagging injuries have set him back. He’s not a legit option this season. Hajek will probably get the call up at some point soon

Reactions: Joey Bones

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
thank you
but did i also hear that the AHL trade deadline is not til next Monday?
was the restraint on this past monday that a player had to be an 'any' AHL roster on last Monday?

before next Monday, could NYR trade a minor league player, prospect or pick, for similar, and any involved AHL player(s) could play AHL playoffs for the new AHL team?
I was pretty sure the AHL trade deadline was the same day as the NHL trade deadline. I'm not 100% on that but pretty close.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The AHL trade deadline is this coming Monday

HOWEVER...roster eligibility was this past Monday.

Thanks. That final part is new to me. I believed we could still assign guys to Hartford, but they were playoff ineligible. This says they can't go down at all.

This was easier when Clear Day was a thing.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Thanls, so this why my question.
If for example NYR traded Lettieri to 'Canes today. Could he play in playoffs for Charlotte?

Ken Lund

Feb 23, 2019
Question for our prospect experts-does Kravstov play on the left wing for Hartford or the right?
And how about Barron. I know he's played center but I've also heard he may end up on the wing. Would it be right or left and is that the most likely scenario?

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Question for our prospect experts-does Kravstov play on the left wing for Hartford or the right?
And how about Barron. I know he's played center but I've also heard he may end up on the wing. Would it be right or left and is that the most likely scenario?

I believe barron has played almost exclusively wing in college.

Reactions: Ken Lund

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's

Kravtsov's been on the right.

I expect Barron to be a wing at the NHL level (as he has been in college), but I wouldn't be able to tell you which side he's been playing on.

Reactions: Ken Lund

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I believe barron has played almost exclusively wing in college.

He has played wing in college but has been a center the rest of his life, so it would depend on need for us where he lands. For what it's worth we drafted him as a center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad