Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)/Maine Mariners (ECHL) Thread: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Over the course of the season Hartford's roster has been pretty depleted. We have Chytil, DiGiuseppe and Shesterkin. They never got Gauthier either. Nieves has been out for a while. I think he came back to play on Friday and didn't play on Saturday or Sunday. Gettinger and Rykov are hurt and Andersson left and we traded Joey Keane.

Right now we have a bunch of guys on either AHL contracts or who would be in the ECHL if our roster was more stable.

As for yesterday consider 3 games on the road in 2 and a half days. Lettieri and Geertsen get tossed early. So it's a short roster for the rest of the night. As for Lettieri shooting too much --well Hartford's only got 4 guys with over 100 shots on goal this year and Gettinger's out and DiGiuseppe's with the Rangers. That leaves Lettieri and Beleskey. It's not an offensive team and it's been gutted.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
ATO: Miller, Barron, Wall, Gross
PTO: Lundkvist, Pajuniemi
On loan: Reunanen, Lias
NHL: Howden, Gauthier

These are the possible reinforcements for the Wolf Pack. I wonder how many of these will actually join them for the post season.

Reactions: egelband and Ola

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
ATO: Miller, Barron, Wall, Gross
PTO: Lundkvist, Pajuniemi
On loan: Reunanen, Lias
NHL: Howden, Gauthier

These are the possible reinforcements for the Wolf Pack. I wonder how many of these will actually join them for the post season.

They've got to make the playoffs first. At this rate, they'll get passed up before the reinforcements even get to the team.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I would even say that he doesn’t make decisions with the puck, which is more of a problem than making bad decisions.

Some guys plays like the end boards is magnetic and always make plays to get their ASAP. I think in today’s game that it is much more important to always have your head up and evaluate if you should go to the net or not, and if it’s not, to create situations in which it is. Howden does not, he goes in one direction only. Many coaches would find that very problematic but DQ doesn’t.

However, I personally think that Kreider at the same age was much more under the ice than Howden, for example. Howden seems to be a great kid and he has those galloping legs. I would be surprised if he didn’t improve in these areas over the coming years.
Howden has 0 balance ESPECIALLY with the puck on his stick, he ends up on his ass every shift. Chytil was like that last year and has made some strides to improve on this, hopefully Howden improves. If he can correct that he can be a hockey player for us.

I find he generally has decent plans until there's any physical contact, at which point it's over for him and his line and they have to play defense which nobody wants to see lol

Edit: KK also had trouble with this but has grown alot from the beginning of the season and has gotten much shiftier despite his lack of strength at 18-19. Very encouraging for him!

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Reactions: egelband

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
So the Wolfpack could be adding the following over the next week;

Guiattari
Khodorenko
Miller

Looks like it might be a few weeks before you see Barron

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
So the Wolfpack could be adding the following over the next week;

Guiattari
Khodorenko
Miller

Looks like it might be a few weeks before you see Barron
End of March, early April at the absolute earliest for Barron. Hopefully longer.

Reactions: RGY

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Huska sent to the ECHL. Not a good look for him at this point, but maybe he can build some confidence at that level for a little bit.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
What the hell happened to Huska??

It's like watching a pitcher whose mechanics are all off.

The guy I saw earlier this season, looked like he had an NHL future. But his positioning, control and play the last six weeks has been getting progressively worse.

Reactions: RGY

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Hartford and Maine will definitely get some fresh blood in the next 6 months, wonder how it will translate for the teams.

Just looking at the Rangers contracts they have Beleskey, Gropp, Leedahl, Fontaine, Fogarty, Nieves, Lettieri, O'Regan, Crawley, Raddysh and Ebert all are free agents

Of that group I'd bring back Fontaine, Fogarty, Nieves, Lettieri and Raddysh. The rest I'd left walk in UFA or go untendered

And they're going to bring in/potentially bring in Wall, Miller, Khodorenko, Barron, Lundkvist, Pajuniemi, Reunanen and whoever else they sign and acquire in the summer

Should be fun to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad