Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)/Maine Mariners (ECHL) Thread: Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
In a year or two this team could look like something not even counting our 2 first rounders this year.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Question for our prospect experts-does Kravstov play on the left wing for Hartford or the right?
And how about Barron. I know he's played center but I've also heard he may end up on the wing. Would it be right or left and is that the most likely scenario?

Kravtsov has been on the right. Still needs to work on physicality and speed, though.

Think Barron might be able to be a shifty positional player, but primarily on wing. We’ll see how he’s used in the organization.

Reactions: Ken Lund

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
Barron has played left wing at Cornell, while occasionally taking faceoffs and playing some center on the PK.

I personally think he's better suited on the wings, but Kevin Hayes also didn't play center in college at all either so who knows.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I think Barron staying at LW for the time being is perfectly fine. We're lacking quality LW in the system anyways.

Reactions: jas

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I agree, but LW seems the weakest at the moment. At least at C and RW, we have some extremely highly skilled players in Henriksson and Kravtsov
We also have our top 6 lw's locked up for the next 6 years already. Seems ok to be light on lw prospects with panarin and kreider already here.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
We also have our top 6 lw's locked up for the next 6 years already. Seems ok to be light on lw prospects with panarin and kreider already here.
True, but we'll still need depth throughout our farm if we want to be a sustainable contender throughout this decade. The only way to do that is have high turnover with players on ELCs, and beyond Barron, I'm not really seeing anyone outside of Gettinger that seems like a viable NHL option.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
True, but we'll still need depth throughout our farm if we want to be a sustainable contender throughout this decade. The only way to do that is have high turnover with players on ELCs, and beyond Barron, I'm not really seeing anyone outside of Gettinger that seems like a viable NHL option.
I would think that Pajuniemi comes over this year. Barron for sure. Kravtsov. Henriksson (further ahead though). Maybe we get another young North<->South guy in a one for one Lias swap this offseason? A couple unsigned college guys likely incoming as per usual. Sign that Nick Jones guy to an NHL deal for future bottom 6 presence perhaps? Any undetected "diamond in the rough" unsigned Canadian Jr guysout there? Enigmatic, yet undiscovered, (soft) Europeans (it is time for a new Zuccarello find - sans the Webster element)? Then what? So - yeah (you are so right) - we really need more depth up front in the organisation. Maybe this is given priority and specifically adressed this offseason, i.e. at the draft and beyond?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac n Gs

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
If Belesky or Lettieri get called up cus of Kreider's injury... it would be a kiss of death for the Pack, especially if it Vinni.

my guess is that it will be fogarty, nieves or gettinger since the call up will be on the 4th line most likely...

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Nieves been out for a couple weeks.
Maybe, as with D, they dont recall anyone soon, McKegg goes back in Sunday.
4 game homestand thru Sat vs Devs.
3 game roadtrip Mar 10th-14th, Stars, Avs, Yotes, maybe thay add an F or D for the trip

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
If they recall somebody, I would order my hopes as:

1. Gettinger
2. Lettieri
3. Fogarty

I'm done with Nieves, and Gettinger never seemed to get the opporunity that Fogarty did in their recent call ups.
I'd go

Gettinger
Fogarty
Lettieri

The first two can play an effective bottom six game (I actually think Getts has a chance to be a fulltime guy in the league) and Lettieri just does nothing for an NHL squad. Meanwhile, his subtraction from the Wolfpack would be debilitating for them.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I'd go

Gettinger
Fogarty
Lettieri

The first two can play an effective bottom six game (I actually think Getts has a chance to be a fulltime guy in the league) and Lettieri just does nothing for an NHL squad. Meanwhile, his subtraction from the Wolfpack would be debilitating for them.

This is fair, and it's probably worth noting that I'm not taking Hartford's welfare into account at all.

My hope with Lettieri is that he would get to play with guys that suit his style more. He's a grinder with a great shot; guys like di Giuseppe and Gauthier may finally be able to re-create that AHL-style line with Lettieri at the NHL level.

It's definitely a long shot, but because of Gettinger and Fogarty filling similar roles (which I would prefer to see Gettinger fill this time around), then that's enough reason for me to put Lettieri ahead of Foggie for this potential call up.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I don't understand why Gettinger never seems to get a chance when IMO he's looked the most NHL of all of the squad

especially over garbage like Nieves

I truly think they’re grooming him to be a full time NHL player for next season and don’t want to yo-yo him too much this season.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I have no issues with Nieves as a 4th liner. He's certainly as good of a player as McKegg or DiGiuseppe. That said he's been out for a while and I'm thinking it's more like a month. He ain't going to be the one coming up.

Beleskey's not a great skater but he is big and strong. Gettinger's even bigger and a better skater--another bottom (4th) liner for now. Lettieri's more of an offensive player than the others---it's just never equated to the NHL.

I think the Rangers should wait for now. We only have two call ups left and are going with 6 D and no spare. That could become an issue.

Reactions: Ola
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad