Hansen Punishment - Suspended 1 Game

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Wow, this thread is embarrassing. Hansen's a dirty player who nailed a star player in the back of the head. He got one game, it's not a big deal.

It just got embarrassing with your post. You can not be a Canucks fan if you think Hansen is dirty. It is fine to think Hansen deserved a game but to not expect people to support Hansen on a Canuck fan site would be naive.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
Lol at Hansen being dirty. He is gritty, no way is he dirty. Dirty is Pronger stomping on Kesler's calf...

Dirty is Matt Cooke head hunting.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Wow, this thread is embarrassing. Hansen's a dirty player who nailed a star player in the back of the head. He got one game, it's not a big deal.

This is one of those times where a negative is used as a positive right. Like man your bad, or that's the s***, Hansen's a dirty player. :sarcasm: have I got it right?

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I'm still surprised the shanaban didn't show Hansen's run-in with the sj ref when he was delivering his verdict. :biglaugh:

VanEric

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
I'm not sure if you were being serious or not but on the off chance that you were, Hansen is in no way a dirty player.

To me he's a dirty player. He's not suspendable/get him out of the league level dirty but he takes little cheap shots when he can. It's just "Jannik being Jannik." Him jumping and nailing Hossa in the back of the head didn't surprise me one bit. I still love him as a player and he needs that edge but let's not act like we'd be surprised if he did it on purpose.

Babs

Feb 20, 2008
Kelowna
To me he's a dirty player. He's not suspendable/get him out of the league level dirty but he takes little cheap shots when he can. It's just "Jannik being Jannik." Him jumping and nailing Hossa in the back of the head didn't surprise me one bit. I still love him as a player and he needs that edge but let's not act like we'd be surprised if he did it on purpose.

Not "acting" at all when I say I would be VERY surprised if he did that on purpose.

VanEric

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
Not "acting" at all when I say I would be VERY surprised if he did that on purpose.

Really? The guy who laid a cheap hit in the Finals? You'd be surprised if he hit someone from behind on purpose again?

You can't tell his intent so he got one game for a reckless play. I despise how Vancouver fans act when anything doesn't go our way. Suck it up and quit feeding into our awful reputation, people.

Dado

The same-old same-old rule applies:

If it's our guy, he's "gritty", if it's their guy, he's "dirty", if it's our guy who used to be their guy, he's "reformed".

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

I wouldn't be at all shocked if he did it on purpose either. But by your definition almost every single player in the league is dirty. The Sedins give their little shots too although they take way more than they give. To me, a dirty player is one who does that on a regular basis so he stands out from the crowd. Hansen is pretty much run of the mill. At least half the league plays hockey the way Hansen does.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'm not saying Hansen's an angel, and he's certainly towed the line on a few occasions in the past. But I legitimately feel there was no intent on that play - he was reaching for the puck and his arm incidentally made contact with Hossa's head. Unfortunate, but an accident, IMO.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
In case anyone forgot:

It's so funny to see Bruins fans get bent over that play. Not a clean play but way more pristine than just about anything that their team did in the SCF.

Oh, and cleaner than Sharp boarding Edler after the whistle. But no one's calling Sharp a dirty player.

nucksfan8888

Aug 9, 2006

What's embarrassing is this league and it clearly biased nature.

how is that not a suspension?

how is that not even a major penalty? let alone no suspension

That is why this thread is so many pages long over a suspension that is probably right on the money, because like many have said, Hossa on Hansen, even if he is injured there is no suspension.

Last edited:

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
It's so funny to see Bruins fans get bent over that play. Not a clean play but way more pristine than just about anything that their team did in the SCF.

Oh, and cleaner than Sharp boarding Edler after the whistle. But no one's calling Sharp a dirty player.

Ference isn't near the puck and he's not aware of Hansen coming at him. It's a lot dirtier than Sharp boarding Edler. Not even close, really. It's amusing to see people try and defend a cheap (and selfish) play like that.

FWIW, I don't think Hansen is a dirty player. But let's not pretend he's an angel or that the hit on Ference was anything other than a very dirty play that could've easily caused a pretty major injury.

VanEric

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
What's embarrassing is this league and it clearly biased nature.

iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KHrhRrwmg_0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe

how is that not a suspension?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y3Vz3PZw4DY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

how is that not even a major penalty? let alone no suspension

That is why this thread is so many pages long over a suspension that is probably right on the money, because like many have said, Hossa on Hansen, even if he is injured there is no suspension.

So because the league screwed up before, they should just look the other way on all our infractions???

And both those videos came before Shanahan took control.

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
Hansen is a dirty player like Dave Bolland is a dirty player. He's annoying and walks the line but is generally on the right side of it.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Feb 5, 2006
Calgary
So because the league screwed up before, they should just look the other way on all our infractions???

How is Bollig's jumping of Weise not a suspension? He threw 4-5 punches to the guys face before Weise could even defend himself. That was a straight up mugging.

There is no conspiracy theory. Our team imo, is just a lightning rod for negative attention from the media and thus, the NHL. If Hansen was on the Blues or Coyotes, this wouldn't even be an issue.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Ference isn't near the puck and he's not aware of Hansen coming at him. It's a lot dirtier than Sharp boarding Edler. Not even close, really. It's amusing to see people try and defend a cheap (and selfish) play like that.

FWIW, I don't think Hansen is a dirty player. But let's not pretend he's an angel or that the hit on Ference was anything other than a very dirty play that could've easily caused a pretty major injury.

I think it was more frustration with all the garbage cheapshots the Bruins were getting away with:

amongst other videos. The Bruins weren't clean at all in that series, so it's no wonder someone like Hansen would just snap.

nucksfan8888

Aug 9, 2006

Read the bottom of my post, I was responding to the fact you said this thread was embarrassing. I even admit that this suspension is fine, it's the double standard that has everyone up in arms.

And read what you wrote, why does it matter who is in control, it should not matter, a dirty hit is a dirty hit.

VanEric

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
Read the bottom of my post, I was responding to the fact you said this thread was embarrassing. I even admit that this suspension is fine, it's the double standard that has everyone up in arms.

And read what you wrote, why does it matter who is in control, it should not matter, a dirty hit is a dirty hit.

This is being up in arms just for the sake of being up in arms. What do you want to happen? Brendan Shanahan to retroactively suspend people that Colin Campbell didn't suspend?

Babs

Feb 20, 2008
Kelowna
Really? The guy who laid a cheap hit in the Finals? You'd be surprised if he hit someone from behind on purpose again?

You can't tell his intent so he got one game for a reckless play. I despise how Vancouver fans act when anything doesn't go our way. Suck it up and quit feeding into our awful reputation, people.

Thanks for painting me with that brush Chief. Why don't you step down of you high horse for a second. Seems like you want to see yourself as the only level headed Canuck fan around.

So Hansen had a cheap shot in maybe one of the most embarrassing emotional games of his career and now he's a dirty player. Oh and all Canuck fans that don't see it your way are stereotypical homers? This about right?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00