Hansen Punishment - Suspended 1 Game

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Yes, Hossa cares so deeply about Hansen getting a 1 game suspension that he sat out the rest of the game just to make sure that happens.

He doesn't care who it was. More to make a statement that he wants protection from the league and he got it. Well done, Hawks. It's too bad there is no consistency in this league. I wonder what would have happened if hossa took the sucker punch that weise took from bollig. If a sedin/kesler did what hossa did (whether real injury or not), they would just say they are diving.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
Yes, Hossa cares so deeply about Hansen getting a 1 game suspension that he sat out the rest of the game just to make sure that happens.

He reminded me of Jerry McGuire, when Cuba Gooding Jr. gets hit on that football play, motionless, then gets up and dances around...

Not saying he faked it... but that's what it reminded me of... Motionless one second (looked out cold to me), and the next second? Up and about!

Maybe Hossa was just taking a moment to reflect how lucky he was... taking in the beauty of it all for a minute?

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
On the dirty hits scale that's pretty soft, he just knocked the guy down. Neither guy had much speed, he didn't take the head, it wasn't overly dangerous. If someone wanted to build a case around Hansen being a dirty player and that was the worst they could find, they don't have much of a case.

I'm more annoyed watching guys like Tarasenko and Landeskog get taken out with legal headshots. Brown's blindside on Henrik in the playoffs was far more dangerous (faster, harder and Henrik was unable to defend himself) but technically legal, the best kind of legal.

Nice Futurama reference. :laugh:

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I actually think that was a stupid comment for Hansen to make. I get that he's pissed but the amount of times I've read from fans and now Hansen himself suggesting that Hossa was milking the injury is so stupid. He didn't return to the game and just went through a terrible concussion not too long ago. I think it's pretty darn obvious he wasn't faking it.

I didn't take Hansen's comment that way. I thought it was more that the Hawks waited until after the suspension was announced before confirming that Hossa would play.

StringerBell

I didn't take Hansen's comment that way. I thought it was more that the Hawks waited until after the suspension was announced before confirming that Hossa would play.

Yeah. It's hard to read much into something that vague.

The Poacher

Dec 30, 2010
Pitt Meadows
Just watching NHL network, it was showing the pre game for Tampa and Boston. Anyways apparently Conacher has the nick name of the honey badger... Real original Tampa fans...

M A K A V E L I*

"Got a little chuckle out of the explanation and we'll leave it at that" -AV

No doubt referring to Hansen deciding to change his mind from getting the puck to hitting Hossa in 100 milliseconds. :laugh:

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Just watching NHL network, it was showing the pre game for Tampa and Boston. Anyways apparently Conacher has the nick name of the honey badger... Real original Tampa fans...

fuuuuuuuuu. see! matt kassian's agent/lawyer knows whats up! we need to copyright that **** for our hockey player. only one hockey player is allowed to steal the great name of honey badger!

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I see the Canucks loathers and apologists are piping in. Let's put together a video of Hansen's dirtiest hits. :sarcasm:

Nah, I'll just wait to see Ron MacLean's character assassination of Honey Badger on Saturday. :sarcasm:

StringerBell

Nah, I'll just wait to see Ron MacLean's character assassination of Honey Badger on Saturday. :sarcasm:

He's too busy putting together highlight packs of Bieksa and Burrows to make a case for them being on the team in Sochi.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
He's too busy putting together highlight packs of Bieksa and Burrows to make a case for them being on the team in Sochi.

No way, we're the bad guys again. The little voice in his head is hysterical with glee now that he's off the hook. If you look carefully, you can see the vein in his temple throb menacingly whenever he's forced to say something positive about the Canucks. I'd love it if someone held up a mirror behind him one day during broadcast so we could see the guys aiming machine guns at his head during those moments.

-----------------

Voted "cookie" but with no chocolate chips. I'm being harsh.

rebel diamond

Sep 2, 2008
Toronto
Ugh someone actually thinks Bieksa should make team Canada? As someone who watches team Canada, I would hate for that to happen.

5 goals in his last 8 games...
If you only look at the scoresheet that would make him look like an all-star. Unfortunately we watch him throw passes to his partners skates, blow assignments, and generally make a mess of the defensive zone all the time.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Stupid suspension.

Every 2 min penalty, high sticking, roughing, elbowing now deserves a look for possible suspension.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
5 goals in his last 8 games...
If you only look at the scoresheet that would make him look like an all-star. Unfortunately we watch him throw passes to his partners skates, blow assignments, and generally make a mess of the defensive zone all the time.

Knowing our luck, you know Bieksa would go superstar mode for the entire olympics and then play like kasual kev as soon as he returned to the canucks. :laugh:

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver

Just FYI, Hansen's Honey badger nickname is a ripoff from someone else as well.

Crows*

We seriously need some honey badger gifs for the playoffs.

Something with horrible things Hansen will do " Hansen kills kittens" then gig changes " honey badger don't care"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->