Proposal: Hamonic/Hamilton type deal for the Leafs (1st/2nd/2nd)

NotNotALeafsFan

Oct 11, 2013
Toronto
For all the hate MB gets, getting Petry for a 2nd (and a 5th?) was a steal.
MB deserves to get hated on lol. One good trade doesn’t make up for that.

As a previous poster noted, I would play out the first 60 games & then reevaluate at the trade deadline before making any drastic moves. If we could get Gudas for a second round pick, I would jump on that.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
MB deserves to get hated on lol. One good trade doesn’t make up for that.

As a previous poster noted, I would play out the first 60 games & then reevaluate at the trade deadline before making any drastic moves. If we could get Gudas for a second round pick, I would jump on that.

It's Molson who deserves that hate for keeping him around. MB had a plan to build through the draft only to go against that later on.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
As a Leafs fan, i am wondering if there are any rebuilding teams, or any teams in general that would move a Dman for futures such as 1st+2nd+2nd/prospect. I would prefer a righty, but would take lefty that can play the right. There are only 2 hard conditions i have:

logical flaw in your premise

In those deals the teams had an idea of what the picks were going to be.

Someone getting a 1st, 2nd, 2nd from Toronto will assume the 1st is 27-31 and same for the 2nd round picks.

This seriously lowers the value in what you can get.

If teams knew ahead a 1st was mid 1st like 13-16 then that might change the value.

When Calgary acquired Hamilton Boston knew the 1st was in this range and the 2nd was a mid 2nd.

With the islanders and Calgary --Calgary didn't look like a team that would have made the conference finals. I would have projected their pick around 13-17 range at the time of the trade.

Toronto on the otherhand could win the division a nd advance so the pick likely ends up 27-31

If Im trading a solid defenseman to Toronto I am asking for Marner

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
logical flaw in your premise

In those deals the teams had an idea of what the picks were going to be.

Someone getting a 1st, 2nd, 2nd from Toronto will assume the 1st is 27-31 and same for the 2nd round picks.

This seriously lowers the value in what you can get.

If teams knew ahead a 1st was mid 1st like 13-16 then that might change the value.

When Calgary acquired Hamilton Boston knew the 1st was in this range and the 2nd was a mid 2nd.

With the islanders and Calgary --Calgary didn't look like a team that would have made the conference finals. I would have projected their pick around 13-17 range at the time of the trade.

Toronto on the otherhand could win the division a nd advance so the pick likely ends up 27-31

If Im trading a solid defenseman to Toronto I am asking for Marner
Well Toronto best be getting an elite almost there top pairing RHD then.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I know right now the name that is out is Faulk, but I remember seeing a thread citing that all Carolina players not named Aho were available. In that case, could it be a possibility Pesce could be the man out, and Faulk stays?

Have no idea if he's really available or what the price would be, but he would be a great fit for you guys IMO.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Wrong handedness, but I think Muzzin for a little more than the Hamonic trade makes some sense for both teams?

1st 2019 + Kappanen/Sandin + 2nd 2020 +3rd 2019?

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Wrong handedness, but I think Muzzin for a little more than the Hamonic trade makes some sense for both teams?

1st 2019 + Kappanen/Sandin + 2nd 2020 +3rd 2019?

Why do the king's need these pieces if they just re signed Doughty and Kopitar to 10m and 11m deals in the past year.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I know right now the name that is out is Faulk, but I remember seeing a thread citing that all Carolina players not named Aho were available. In that case, could it be a possibility Pesce could be the man out, and Faulk stays?

Have no idea if he's really available or what the price would be, but he would be a great fit for you guys IMO.
Faulk is probably more of the same kind of defenseman for us, helps the offense but not the defense, so probably not a great fit and someone else will probably give up more for him because of that

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Faulk is probably more of the same kind of defenseman for us, helps the offense but not the defense, so probably not a great fit and someone else will probably give up more for him because of that
I was talking about Pesce.

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014
As a flames fan, stone for a 3rd would be a no brainer yes.
A conditional 2nd/3rd as mentioned earlier in the thread would be great.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
I know this will rub a lot of people the wrong way but the Jays just gave up a 23 year old kid who was one of the best young closers in the game for meh prospects all because of domestic assault charges. If another team can look past that why can’t the TML?

I not condoning his actions or those by Vonyov a few years back but people make mistakes. How they learn from those and live their life should be how we judge them. Voynov has paid professionally as he should but I don’t think his actions are beyond redemption.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
I think that largely depends on who youd ask. I dont think it would be terribly much. His last year was rough, but i think hes just trying to figure out how to adjust for the 'if you hit someone anywhere close to high, youre getting a penalty' rules.

It'd be tough getting rid of our only 'veteran' RHD, but if Myers looks good in camp, Gudas moving should be explored, since well have MacD,Folin, and Hagg for the bottom pair.

2nd work?

This would be a great fit for us imho.

Reactions: Starat327

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad