Speculation: Hall megathread part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I guess the next few years don’t count then. Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak and Rask will all forget how to play hockey.

Add Hall to that mix and I like their top 6 quite a bit. He did say he’d entertain a shorter term.

Which is exactly what the poster you responded to said. Bruins are obviously ahead of the Habs the next 2 years.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I'm happy with the way the Habs played after the long layoff, but... they were terrible before that. They're still far, far behind the Bruins, imho.

Some of the Bruins' core players might be aging, but the organization has proved time and time again in the last few years that it's capable of retooling and injecting new blood in the team. Boston is a well managed team.

People have been predicting The Bruins downfall since they lost to The Hawks in The Finals. I guess if people keep repeating it then eventually it'll come true but, despite the lack of Cups, they've probably been the most consistently good/great team for the past 50 years. Betting against them being a contender is more wishful thinking than anything. I'll believe it when I see it - as they always seem to find a way to bring in talent.

Reactions: Donkeyz

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
If the Habs sign Hall they would trade Tatar. That alone would likely get them under the cap. Tatar is easily moved with 1 yr left at $4.8m, as top 6 lw/rw coming off 61 pts in 68 games.

Hall would take Tatar’s spot on the top line with Danault and Gallagher for now and likely would play with either Suzuki or more likely Kotkaniemi once he is ready for full time top 6 duty.

Hall’s style and pace of play I think fits very well. I think he could be a difference maker playing for them.

He seems to value tradition. The idea of being a star for the Canadiens has to be tempting for someone like him.

Maybe they’re one of the only teams offering him a long term deal at a good aav. I think that’s their best chance. Giving him $9m x 7 gives him a big pay day and long term security on a team that has a good mix of ready-to-win vets and up and comers.

I'd rather keep Tatar and trade Drouin.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I guess the next few years don’t count then. Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak and Rask will all forget how to play hockey.

Add Hall to that mix and I like their top 6 quite a bit. He did say he’d entertain a shorter term.
Bergy is already starting his decline, the point was Boston are a 1-2 year option. If Hall is thinking long term it's not the option. Same reason Hossa didn't sign long term with Wings/Pens.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
If Hall gets signed long term, that team will regret it.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I don't think Hall is that great of a player. Hes a speed guy with a good shot and questionable IQ.

We can joke about the tank command stuff but there are aspects of his game I don't like.

I think hes vastly overrated

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I don't think Hall is that great of a player. Hes a speed guy with a good shot and questionable IQ.

We can joke about the tank command stuff but there are aspects of his game I don't like.

I say this over and over. Hall needs to go to a team like BOS. Hall cannot be the defacto top player.

Reactions: DJB

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth

Come on , the guy won MVP just 2 years ago, give him some credit. He's elite
He's top 10-15 amongst wingers

Reactions: McDonald19

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
There is so little info.
With Duchene we knew he wanted nashville or montreal.
With tavares we knew it was going to be one of the 6 teams he met.
With hall we know nothing on which teams interest him the most

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
What about short term with the Habs in the hopes that long term Habs are winners and he can sign again if he does well and Habs don't prefer Laine in 2 years because Hall did not exceed expectations.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Bergy is already starting his decline, the point was Boston are a 1-2 year option. If Hall is thinking long term it's not the option. Same reason Hossa didn't sign long term with Wings/Pens.
Hossa wanted to stay with the Wings. They (wrongly) chose Franzen instead

Reactions: Ivo

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Like when he won the Hart Trophy while outscoring his next closest teammate by 41 points?
Exactly, he didn't have much run support. That is my point. I said he can drive his own line. If he goes to a team where he is far and above the star, they won't go anywhere.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Exactly, he didn't have much run support. That is my point. I said he can drive his own line. If he goes to a team where he is far and above the star, they won't go anywhere.

I'm looking forward to him driving a line with Pastrnak on it for the next few years. That by itself is a pretty hard thing to beat from these other teams.

Reactions: Coach Parker

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Does that make what I say less true? BOS core is getting old and with Krug's departure (and Chara too probably), their D core is McAvoy and Carlo. Not great. Their prospect pool? Not great either.

Almost the same mess with NSH, with an overpaid Duchesne. Do they want to do the same with Hall?

You're telling me they are the best possible option for Hall right now? What about the Habs make them contenders right now? Hall has said he would be willing to do a short deal to win NOW. Montreal should not steer the ship for a player like Hall and hope they can win in the next 3 years. In 3 years time they could be serious contenders but Hall doesn't do that today especially given that they still have to shred cap to even fit him in.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Which is exactly what the poster you responded to said. Bruins are obviously ahead of the Habs the next 2 years.

If they can add Hall they will keep going

2 under 25y franchise talents, McAvoy, Pasta(nobody on Montreals u25 gets close to either)

Quality under 30 players Hall, Coyle, Carlo, DeBrusk, Studnicka, Grzelcyk

Elite vets, Bergeron, Marchand, Rask

Quality vets, Krejci, Smith

Question marks with potential, Kase, Lauzon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad