Speculation: Hall megathread part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
If Bergevin was serious about signing Hall, he would have cleared capspace to do so well in advance. He also wouldn't have traded for Allen. It makes ZERO sense.
What are you on about???

Why would he clear cap and downgrade the team to make space for a player that may not sign with him?

You have the order wrong:laugh:

Reactions: bretpatrick7

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Its too late for that IMO. If you wanted to trade Tatar and Byron it would have been at the draft. Now? NO way. We would be getting salary back.

It makes zero sense. If MB was serious, he would have held back capspace.

What makes zero sense is trading out assets that can help the team to clear space when you haven't yet signed the player you need the space for.

Bee Holder

Jul 3, 2017
Montreal
Wow I wonder what fan base you belong to :huh:
Does that make what I say less true? BOS core is getting old and with Krug's departure (and Chara too probably), their D core is McAvoy and Carlo. Not great. Their prospect pool? Not great either.

Almost the same mess with NSH, with an overpaid Duchesne. Do they want to do the same with Hall?

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Where did these montreal rumours come from?

I doubt he signs their on a short term contract with his best chance of winning. So it would have to be a long term contract that the canadiens dont have cap for.

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire

I doubt he signs their on a short term contract with his best chance of winning. So it would have to be a long term contract that the canadiens dont have cap for.
Habs have a very good chance of winning lord Stanley after the playoffs. Price is back and Suzuki and KK are top centres.

Reactions: Husqvarna

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017

If Montreal and Hall wanted to make a deal they could.
Every team can exceed the cap by 10 % until the start of the season Montreal currently has 3,896,191 in cap space signing Hall would put them over the cap Montreal would then have to clear salary /cap space needed before the start of the season .

Last edited:

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Paul byron was injured last year, but aside from it still scores at a 20 goal/82 game clip. And costs 1.6 million less than TJ for one year less. I would think at the very most he would be cheap to dump.

lol

Welcome to 3 years ago pre-Weegar champ

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Lol what.

Montreal was 24th in the league last year.

Are people actually thinking this?

I've seen Montreal listed as a dark horse from that one guy who does a ton of YouTube hockey video updates. Didn't have enough alcohol to watch.

I guess "Play Price until he falls apart and then play Allen until he falls apart and maybe we luck out" is equivalent to dark horse contender.

Flyers1987

Apr 23, 2017
One thing could effect decision is whether Hall wants to say in Canada with border still closed. NHL may have to adopt an all Canadian division for this year. I think Montreal is best spot for him where he can be the star and a chance to win now. My bet it's either Montreal or the rumblings out of Nashville.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Paul byron was injured last year, but aside from it still scores at a 20 goal/82 game clip. And costs 1.6 million less than TJ for one year less. I would think at the very most he would be cheap to dump.
Paul Byron’s salary this year is 2.8m and next year is 4m and the final year is 2.8m. Cap hit is 3.4m.
Tyler Johnson’s salary this year is 3.75m and next year 5.5m and the final year is 3.75m. Cap hit is 5m.
I’d say the biggest issue is that money will likely be even tighter next year so those big jumps in salary for both players make them particularly untradable right now, at least without salary going back, salary retained or maybe moved with sweeteners.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I feel like Montreal has been saying this for like 15 years lol.

I mean we had some good runs with some flawed teams including a run a few years ago where we won something like 14 straight games against each of the Leafs and Bruins. We've been up, we've been down, and we've repeated the cycle during that time. Hopefully this next round will be another up for us, we have lots of hope.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I've seen Montreal listed as a dark horse from that one guy who does a ton of YouTube hockey video updates. Didn't have enough alcohol to watch.

I guess "Play Price until he falls apart and then play Allen until he falls apart and maybe we luck out" is equivalent to dark horse contender.

I mean, I dont have a horse in the race being from Edmonton.

I just remember Georges Laraque coming on Edmonton Radio saying to stay away from Kotkaniemi and that he was a bust. He had a whole 8 points in the regular season and was trending downwards.

Now after the play-in series hes being penciled in as a 1/2 center.

Donkeyz

Aug 15, 2008
Montréal
I'm happy with the way the Habs played after the long layoff, but... they were terrible before that. They're still far, far behind the Bruins, imho.

Some of the Bruins' core players might be aging, but the organization has proved time and time again in the last few years that it's capable of retooling and injecting new blood in the team. Boston is a well managed team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad