Speculation: Hall megathread part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Right now, today, in 2020... I don't feel McAvoy is as good as Petry. In a year or two, absolutely. But I think that's a good example for the guy arguing against McAvoy, at 22 he's getting to be as good as a top pairing Dman (Petry) and he's still got tons of room to develop.

I wouldn't ever call him superstar but McAvoy will be a 1D (and is nearing it soonish)
Fair enough.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Weber is better than all your current D
Petry is better than all your current D
Price is better than all your current G
Suzuki & KK are future elite 1-2c
We got the better prospect pool
We got the better Goalie prospect also

Etc etc etc.
Boston is done,.maybe 1-2 year MAX

Looks like you're fully bathing yourself in some bleu blanc and rouge kool-aid if you really believe all this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Okay , you’re just trying to get a rise out of all of us, right? You can’t really be serious.. unless you’re 12 and just bought a suzuki jersey..
Lmao what the hell? Is he serious?

McAvoy value is through the roof. Future #1 RHD... Suzuki is nice and all but come on :huh::laugh:.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Kinda weird how quiet it's been on the Hall front. You would think we'd have heard something by now on whos in whos out. Seems like a bunch of the higher profile wingers are waiting on him too. Maybe he's waiting for a specific team to clear some cap.

I'm sure we'll still be here arguing about who's Zamboni driver is better than the others :laugh:

BOOK IT

Leafs have that one all locked up. Guy has never lost.

Reactions: Brewin8

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
Yet no one answered when I asked who you're planning to replace 1C and 2C with, in the next couple of years (When Bergy and Kreijci will be 36-37)?

With what will be 14 mil in cap space that they currently occupy and a few years of draft picks I’m sure some sort of combo of FA and the draft can produce atleast 75% of the production they bring

is that unreasonable? Did the Habs know they were getting any of the young guys that are integrating into their lineup 3-4 years ago?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Imagine if Hall and Petro have been talking, and they pull a Kariya/Selanne circa early-2000's. :laugh:

Both signing with one team, for one year at a bargain value.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Kinda weird how quiet it's been on the Hall front. You would think we'd have heard something by now on whos in whos out. Seems like a bunch of the higher profile wingers are waiting on him too. Maybe he's waiting for a specific team to clear some cap.

Leafs have that one all locked up. Guy has never lost.

To be fair, when the Habs are involved there is usually 0 information. They keep things air-tight, it might be due to this that the Hall situation has no new info.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
MacAvoy is arguably just as good or better than Petry.

Rask is better than Price.

Also what do you consider elite #1-2 C? How many points do you think they'll score per season?

Plus the fact the three players he mentioned in Weber, Price and Petry are either the same age or older than The Bruins veteran core. I don't really understand his point. They'll be better because their good players will retire around the same time as The Bruins good players? or that their kids are going to be much better than Pastrnak and McAvoy? Plus it's nice to skip over players like Marchand and Bergeron who remain some of the top players in the NHL.

These kinda arguments are the same ones you sadly hear from some Leaf fans in the 'We've been bad for so long and they've been good so naturally now we'll better than them.' mantra. The world doesn't work that way. I expect better from Habs fans. Their team might surpass the Bruins at some point but putting the blinders on and discounting them is kinda ridiculous.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
To be fair, when the Habs are involved there is usually 0 information. They keep things air-tight, it might be due to this that the Hall situation has no new info.
They do? Everybody and their dog knew Domi was on his way out. Same with Subban and Pacioretty. Claude going back to Montreal was basically shouted from the rooftops even before Therrien was fired.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
They do? Everybody and their dog knew Domi was on his way out. Same with Subban and Pacioretty. Claude going back to Montreal was basically shouted from the rooftops even before Therrien was fired.
MB made it quite obvious with all those players that the relationship has soured. When it comes to trade and signing in general they keep
It quite and it’s usually the team that annonces the information directly.

FliegerKorps

May 10, 2018
It's kinda sad to see a few dillusional fans of your own team.

Yes the habs have a great prospect pool. Suzuki will most likely become a great center. KK has the tools but needs to prove it.

There is absolutely no doubt the Bruins are a much better team right now. This may change but can we not bullshit ourselves and make every other fans hate us.

Regardless, if Hall signs in Montreal, we are instantly a much improved team, just outside of the bubble zone where we can actually challenge the best ones and maybe have a run in the playoffs.

FliegerKorps

May 10, 2018
The only downside about getting Hall would be the return of any player we have to send back : Every other team knows that it is imperative and therefore would lowball any offers on Tatar/Drouin leaving us with a bitter return.

Reactions: Holystik

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Looks like you're fully bathing yourself in some bleu blanc and rouge kool-aid if you really believe all this.

I think he forgot some things.

Price is better than Halak.
Suzuki is better than your Zamboni driver.
Our first round pick has more value than your 4th round pick.
Ketchup is better than mustard.
10 is bigger than 2.
1st place is better than 24th.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
According to a source, Taylor Hall won't be joining the Colorado Avalanche via free agency this offseason.

The Avalanche brought in Brandon Saad on Saturday in a four-player trade with the Chicago Blackhawks and have just under $10 million in projected cap space available with some additional RFAs to sign. It is believed that the Nashville Predators and Boston Bruins remain in contention to land Hall.
SOURCE: ColoradoHockeyNow.com
Oct 11, 2020, 4:33 PM ET

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
According to a source, Taylor Hall won't be joining the Colorado Avalanche via free agency this offseason.

The Avalanche brought in Brandon Saad on Saturday in a four-player trade with the Chicago Blackhawks and have just under $10 million in projected cap space available with some additional RFAs to sign. It is believed that the Nashville Predators and Boston Bruins remain in contention to land Hall.
SOURCE: ColoradoHockeyNow.com
Oct 11, 2020, 4:33 PM ET

That's been posted already. Its speculation

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
It's kinda sad to see a few dillusional fans of your own team.

Yes the habs have a great prospect pool. Suzuki will most likely become a great center. KK has the tools but needs to prove it.

There is absolutely no doubt the Bruins are a much better team right now. This may change but can we not bullshit ourselves and make every other fans hate us.

Regardless, if Hall signs in Montreal, we are instantly a much improved team, just outside of the bubble zone where we can actually challenge the best ones and maybe have a run in the playoffs.

It's hf.

People in one post will say +/- doesn't matter, but then say it's why a player sucks in another.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
I'd rather keep Tatar and trade Drouin.
Yeah I don’t agree but I understand why some think that way. To me, Drouin is younger, likely cheaper, more dynamic. I think he’s more of a game breaker, just needs to continue to develop consistency in his game. But I really like how he’s evolved his game to be more about getting the puck. His defensive game is underrated as well.

Tatar is a great 5 on 5 player and a decent finisher but he’s moving out of his prime and hasn’t been a factor in his last few playoffs. Time to turn over the team to younger players.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
With what will be 14 mil in cap space that they currently occupy and a few years of draft picks I’m sure some sort of combo of FA and the draft can produce atleast 75% of the production they bring

is that unreasonable? Did the Habs know they were getting any of the young guys that are integrating into their lineup 3-4 years ago?

Habs had to pivot to get those guys though. We don't have Suzuki (or our prospect pool) if we didn't choose the rebuild.

You can't replace top C's in FA but then again, that's a problem you can always worry about once you are done contending eh

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Yeah I don’t agree but I understand why some think that way. To me, Drouin is younger, likely cheaper, more dynamic. I think he’s more of a game breaker, just needs to continue to develop consistency in his game. But I really like how he’s evolved his game to be more about getting the puck. His defensive game is underrated as well.

Tatar is a great 5 on 5 player and a decent finisher but he’s moving out of his prime and hasn’t been a factor in his last few playoffs. Time to turn over the team to younger players.

To me it's the 5.5, only reason I would trade Drouin. I feel our roster is better with the 5.5 long term than it is with Drouin. I don't have confidence with him on the top line and we risk losing one of (or potentially the entire) of our top line without him.

Again though, what a crazy year it might be for the Habs if they get a top 6 forward. With Suzuki's rise, the top line might become the second line.

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
Habs had to pivot to get those guys though. We don't have Suzuki (or our prospect pool) if we didn't choose the rebuild.

You can't replace top C's in FA but then again, that's a problem you can always worry about once you are done contending eh

I’ll ignore the arrogant sarcasm, and simply say we can always draft a 1C and sign a 2C if Studnicka Or Beecher aren’t up to the task

I find it a bit silly that some goofy reach names are thrown out as potential Weber replacements but nobody in the Bruins system has a chance to replace the Bruins Veterans

teams don’t need to hit rock bottom to find viable replacements in important spots

if you think going full rebuild is the only way to be competitive then I guess that’s simply your opinion and won’t try to change it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad