Speculation: Hall megathread part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Reminder:
8) Claims of Insider Information/ Rumors & Hearsay: If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post. These posts will be allowed/rejected at the discretion of administrators after consulting with other posters, moderators, and relevant sources. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. It's not acceptable to post that you heard someone has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, amateur/unvetted blogs, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

Reactions: BHD

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Nashville would be a mistake.
Montreal would be... not ideal for either party.
Boston should go after Hoffman instead.

I know they got Roope and Gurionov to sign but I really like him on Dallas. Otherwise I'd go with signing a big one year deal with Detroit and get traded at the deadline to a contender at 50%

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Hoffman to the Predators.
Dadonov to the Canadiens.
Hall to Boston.

Ideally, those seem like perfect fits and the best for each player and the salary cap/structure of the teams. In reality, the names will all be flipped and for some reason the Rangers will sign Hall.:sarcasm:
I agree those 3 make sense. But I feel like Florida will keep one of Hoffman or, most likely, Dadonov. And the Rangers can't have Hall lol. They have Panarin, Kreider, and now Lafreniere all LW.

My hunch is: Hoffman goes to the Predators, Hall likely goes to Boston, and Montreal gets... Killorn lmao (which they'll have to pay for, no less).

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I agree those 3 make sense. But I feel like Florida will keep one of Hoffman or, most likely, Dadonov. And the Rangers can't have Hall lol. They have Panarin, Kreider, and now Lafreniere all LW.

I totally agree but this year has taught us to really expect the unexpected. Suddenly, Kreider is traded to the Bruins. Something out of left field.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I totally agree but this year has taught us to really expect the unexpected. Suddenly, Kreider is traded to the Bruins. Something out of left field.
I could see Kreider to Boston. But then what do they do about Lafreniere/Panarin, since they're LW, just like Hall.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Hoffman to the Predators.
Dadonov to the Canadiens.
Hall to Boston.

Ideally, those seem like perfect fits and the best for each player and the salary cap/structure of the teams. In reality, the names will all be flipped and for some reason the Rangers will sign Hall.:sarcasm:

Where do I sign?

Reactions: Coach Parker

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I know they got Roope and Gurionov to sign but I really like him on Dallas. Otherwise I'd go with signing a big one year deal with Detroit and get traded at the deadline to a contender at 50%

Boston needs a guy like Hall, pretty desperate

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

Bee Holder

Jul 3, 2017
Montreal
Habs don't have the capspace. Not sure how that could happen.
For the millionth time, Habs can MOVE money around! Lots of different contracts can be traded for prospects and futures, starting with an enticing one year contract of Tatar, a proven top 6 winger with a 4.7 million cap. Then there's Byron, Kulak, even Drouin if needs be.

The other teams in the race may look like tey have more cap, but, unlike MTL, they still have pieces missing or to re-sign. MTL has a full roster right now.

Reactions: bretpatrick7

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
For the millionth time, Habs can MOVE money around! Lots of different contracts can be traded for prospects and futures, starting with an enticing one year contract of Tatar, a proven top 6 winger with a 4.7 million cap. Then there's Byron, Kulak, even Drouin if needs be.

The other teams in the race may look like tey have more cap, but, unlike MTL, they still have pieces missing or to re-sign. MTL has a full roster right now.

Byron and Drouin are immoveable at this late stage. No one would take Byron's contract off our hands.

It would have to be Tatar and even then it might be too late to move him.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016

Tyler Johnson clears waivers and you think someone will trade for Byron ?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If Bergevin was serious about signing Hall, he would have cleared capspace to do so well in advance. He also wouldn't have traded for Allen. It makes ZERO sense.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Doesn't it feel like Hoffman to Nashville is a perfect fit? Sort of how you can see Dadonov in Montreal being a stud and hitting 30 on the wing with Suzuki? Hall and Pastrnak with Krejci down the middle?

Plus, the cap hits and term match all three teams current goals.

You are on point, my friend.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015

So Montreal deals away their assets they need to entice Hall to sign with them to make room for Hall? What part of he wants to win don't people understand

Reactions: DropTheGloves

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Habs don't have the capspace. Not sure how that could happen.

Habs would basically be swapping Tatar and Byron for Hall and a $1 million player on the 4th line, which would he fine by me. Send Tatar to a team needing wingers for picks/prospects and use some of those assets to send Byron to a team like the sens or Buffalo and get er done.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Habs would basically be swapping Tatar and Byron for Hall and a $1 million player on the 4th line, which would he fine by me. Send Tatar to a team needing wingers for picks/prospects and use some of those assets to send Byron to a team like the sens or Buffalo and get er done.

Its too late for that IMO. If you wanted to trade Tatar and Byron it would have been at the draft. Now? NO way. We would be getting salary back.

It makes zero sense. If MB was serious, he would have held back capspace.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013

It’s hall so although I’d like to see him mature in Dallas, I’m not 100% he’s got it in him

King 88

Mar 5, 2010

Would Dallas then trade like Pavelski or Radulov to make room or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad