Speculation: Hall megathread part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I’ll ignore the arrogant sarcasm, and simply say we can always draft a 1C and sign a 2C if Studnicka Or Beecher aren’t up to the task

I find it a bit silly that some goofy reach names are thrown out as potential Weber replacements but nobody in the Bruins system has a chance to replace the Bruins Veterans

teams don’t need to hit rock bottom to find viable replacements in important spots

if you think going full rebuild is the only way to be competitive then I guess that’s simply your opinion and won’t try to change it

There was no sarcasm, not sure how saying Bruins are contending could be considered as such.

I don't see a 1C in the Bruins system, very few exist. A full rebuild likely wouldn't be needed for sure, you have the 1D and the game breaker (Pasta). It's definitely a lot to ask for anyone in the Bruins system to replace what your current 1C brings and has brought.

Difference between saying that one of the Habs names could replace Weber and one of the Bruins names could replace Bergeron is quantity and pedigree. Also, rarity. Also, immediacy (Weber isn't the Habs 5-on-5 1D, Petry is).

Pretty much what I said is the Habs had to be intentional to get Suzuki and Kotkaneimi, they didn't fall into their laps through luck. When Bruins need to replace who they got, they'll no doubt have to do that too and that's a problem that doesn't really need to be worried about while they are cup chasing eh

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
To me it's the 5.5, only reason I would trade Drouin. I feel our roster is better with the 5.5 long term than it is with Drouin. I don't have confidence with him on the top line and we risk losing one of (or potentially the entire) of our top line without him.

Again though, what a crazy year it might be for the Habs if they get a top 6 forward. With Suzuki's rise, the top line might become the second line.

$5.5m is pretty much the going rate for a 2nd line winger now. If you trade Drouin and then lose Tatar to free agency then who do you have on lw past Hall? Hall - Drouin would be a very nice LW for the top 6. I like Drouin with Suzuki. I think adding Anderson to that line makes it a legit 2nd line. Hall in place of Tatar makes that top line pretty legit too.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Nope. In fact, Sakic said they wouldn't be spending in the UFA market this year. It didn't stop TSN guys from purely guess and speculating (which they prefaced before being asked) that Colorado would be a good fit for him. It was just their opinion (and mine as well on a short term deal) but Sakic pretty much said otherwise and even traded for Saad.
Oh okay thanks I got my hopes up too soon haha

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Cant lie. Never expected Hall to sign a 1 year or sign with Bufallo. Not a sabre fan but this is a really big win for them. They showed flexibility in contract to entice him to come. Winning solves all issues so if it works, they win and he has found a permanent home. He is a good player and it cost them nothing other than capspace that they would pay any really good player.
Sabres might really be competitive with a dangerous 1st line.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
The Toffoli signing shows why the Montreal rumours were fake. Montreal rarely if ever tips their hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad