Speculation: Habs on Tradecentre Part 3 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Good thing.....no Iginla with the BRuins.

But still, the Pens will be absolutely nuts with Iggy.
How can we build against that.....we were tight against them last time.

Well.....they add Iggy......we will have Bourque back....it's kind of.........:cry:

Now Boston will go hard after the same players the Habs should/would go for......
Bergevin might not have that many options out there.

LucaGTI

Sep 28, 2012
Montreal
For some reason, I have a feeling the Pens won't reach the Finals.

well i mean the playoffs are extremely unpredictable and its an entirely different game at that point...but still, the Pens definitely have the team to help them get there

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
Good thing.....no Iginla with the BRuins.

But still, the Pens will be absolutely nuts with Iggy.
How can we build against that.....we were tight against them last time.

Well.....they add Iggy......we will have Bourque back....it's kind of.........:cry:

Now Boston will go hard after the same players the Habs should/would go for......
Bergevin might not have that many options out there.

Just the fact that we are fighting for 1st in East instead of a playoff spot is good enough for me, I mean, we finished 15 last season, I didn't really have much expectation other than fighting for a playoff spot coming in to this season but wow have this team amazed me :handclap:
The thoughts of us being a contender just... too much to ask... for now

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
If they dont win the cup this year they can lose all three of the players they traded for.
They got alot of decisions to make in the off season.
They have $10million cap space and have 6 free agents to sign.
Iginla
Morrow
Murray
Dupuis
Kennedy
Cooke
Would love to see them knocked out in the first round by the Leafs.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Just the fact that we are fighting for 1st in East instead of a playoff spot is good enough for me, I mean, we finished 15 last season, I didn't really have much expectation other than fighting for a playoff spot coming in to this season but wow have this team amazed me :handclap:
The thoughts of us being a contender just... too much to ask... for now

Of course....but it's just that Pens are so deep right now with talent..it's almost crazy.

But if we meet them, i'm pretty sure they won't have it that easy and we might keep doing what we've been doing all season....surprising everybody at every turn

PYG85

Feb 12, 2013
If they dont win the cup this year they can lose all three of the players they traded for.
They got alot of decisions to make in the off season.
They have $10million cap space and have 6 free agents to sign.
Iginla
Morrow
Murray
Dupuis
Kennedy
Cooke
Would love to see them knocked out in the first round by the Leafs.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
That would be Priceless :booboo:

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
Pittsburgh won't make the Finals. There's only 10 games before the playoffs. They may be peaking too early. Their D is still suspect and Fleury is inconsistent in the playoffs.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
I'm really exited to see what MB will do. Last game we owned the Pens big time. And tonight we make a magic comeback to kill the Bruins. We are in the mix for a big run. We gotta add something.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
I think we need to make a few "hockey trades" guys with contracts that are useful past this year (although they might cost a little more)

My list of targets
1-Chris Stewart
2-Brandon Dubinsky
3- Rostislav Klesla
4- Keith Yandle
5-jarred boll
6-Patrick bordeleau

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Pittsburgh won't make the Finals. There's only 10 games before the playoffs. They may be peaking too early. Their D is still suspect and Fleury is inconsistent in the playoffs.

That team can score and looking at the past 7-8 games their D and goaltending have been great.

Now they add these 3 guys. wow

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Bergevin will cement his status if he manages to finagle a PP-shooter like Streit or Robidas or something and also a big-body middle6er like Clowe (not that I'm saying that Clowe is necessarily good). It would give us that edge and we'd one-up those dastardly Bruins without losing anything of consequence - we have a ton of 3rd and 2nd round picks and prospects too.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
I'm really exited to see what MB will do. Last game we owned the Pens big time. And tonight we make a magic comeback to kill the Bruins. We are in the mix for a big run. We gotta add something.

It has to be a defenceman who can play 20+ minutes, ideally a veteran with some size and mobility. With that, the team can beat anyone in the East, even the Penguins. Bergevin needs to back off a bit on his won't pay mentality, the team is playing their balls off, and deserve one more horse on the backend. The fans deserve it too. I appreciate his "this year is gravy, we're playing it conservative and continuing the rebuild" mentality, but I think the team needs to recognize that there is an opportunity here this year. I think he's starting to recognize that too as we're starting to see more names pop up and rumours, etc.

Subban can play vs Crosby, Markov vs Malkin (don't worry about last night, have confidence in the General). They need one more guy though in the top four, one of Gorges or Emelin needs to be on the third pairing.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
The difference between the Habs first and the Flames second rounder is going to be so small that one of those picks + Kristo (five of the team's top six forwards are set for the forseeable future, makes him expendable) for a top four defenceman signed BEYOND this season would be a great move. Bouwmeester and Boyle. Be aggressive MB. Klesla maybe for a lesser package.

EDIT: Add Streit!

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
One thing we should not do is to get us another top9 forward for picks.
Only reason we trade for another forward is to upgrade the top 6, with 1 of ours going the other way.

Pacioretty- DD- Gallagher
Ryder- Plekanec- Gionta
Galchenyuk- Eller- Bourque
Prust is also in the top 9

I would like it if we can upgrade one of them for a big body go goes to the net for rebounds. One thing I noticed against Pens was Fleury was giving so many rebounds but no one to pick it up and finish the play. Problem is the only player I see who needs to go is Gionta and we just can't trade our captain while being at the top of the East

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Thats why I think Streit could be magic on Therriens system. He wants the Dman to pinch in and do great out of zone passes. Streit has leadership and hes better now then hwle was when we had him in his first career miles. And he could be a good Markov replacement on the Pp if the general starts to be exhausted.

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Emelin
Streit - Bouillon/Tinordi/Diaz.

One offensive dman per lines would be psycho.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Thats why I think Streit could be magic on Therriens system. He wants the Dman to pinch in and do great out of zone passes. Streit has leadership and hes better now then hwle was when we had him in his first career miles. And he could be a good Markov replacement on the Pp if the general starts to be exhausted.

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Emelin
Streit - Bouillon/Tinordi/Diaz.

One offensive dman per lines would be psycho.

Yeah! Streit would be amazing, and would probably resign with the team? Unless he feels the loyalty was burnt a few summers ago. But it's new management. He would be an awesome pickup, nice call.

He solves so many issues, including the awful second PP. Could even go Markov-Emelin on a PP unit.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'd love to get Giordano out of Calgary somehow.

Giordano-Subban
Markov-Gorges
Bouillon-Diaz/Emelin

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
What about a deal with Phoenix for a package of Torres AND Klesla?

One of our 2nds, a 4th and a mid-tier prospect should do the trick...

If Bourque is out for any extended period of time;

Ryder - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Prust - Eller - Galchenyuk
Moen - Halpern - Torres

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Bouillon - Klesla

Price
Budaj

Looks like a solid all-around lineup to me.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I hope we take a run then. We'd have legit puck movers on both PP units and wouldn't have to watch Boullion-Gorges again. When Diaz returns, you put Subban-Markov together and Streit-Diaz... very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad