Speculation: Habs on Tradecentre Part 3 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I'll take Clowe for a 2nd
\
lIYSQ.gif

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
You know, it would be smart to figure out what we are ready to give away and what needs that we have.

What I'm ready to give away (not at all costs) and why:

- Travis Moen: Overpriced, looks unmotivated, possibly unhappy to play on a fourth line.

- Ryan White: If we can get a player like him that's better than him.

- Tomas Kaberle: Now here's a guy that could help a team in need of D, he's Kaberle, somebody WILL give something for him. He's now no better than 8th on our depth chart, if you consider the long-term hopes the Habs have on Tinordi, HE'S probably 7th now.

- Yannick Weber: I'd keep him because his value has got to be the ***** and you never know, maybe next year he can play. But it ain't looking up for him and he's now 9th on the D depth chart at best. That's so far away that he would need half the defense to be hurt to play and then I'm not sure they wouldn't call up Pateryn or St-Denis instead.

So these are my four highly touchables. This doesn't buy us a lot, but a western team could give up some interesting for Moen and or Kaberle I'm sure. Fortunately, our needs are not that high. I would like to replace Moen with another Prust. And that pretty much would be it for me, I'm satisfied with anybody who plays Top 9 O, Top 7 D and Goalies.

Perhaps hiring a black ace third goalie could be an idea? Couple years ago we had Leighton.

TalkingHead

Mar 29, 2011
Vancouver
Only thing I would like to get is an upgrade for the 4th line. Players are going to be very expensive this deadline, the West is insanely close and the East isn't to far behind.

bib

#believe
Aug 28, 2007
Only thing I would like to get is an upgrade for the 4th line. Players are going to be very expensive this deadline, the West is insanely close and the East isn't to far behind.

Would like to see that.

With a healthy squad, playing Dumont and Armstrong over White and Moen would be ideal.

Armstrong's earned his keep out there. Moen has slowed down considerably, and White has the lowest hockey IQ on the team.

But, does Therrien have the cojones to sit Moen? Stay tuned.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
Trades:
Maxim Talbot C

UFAs:
David Clarkson RW
Bryan Bickell LW
Maxim Lapierre C (If we don't get Talbot)

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Clarkson
Bourque - Plekanec - Eller
Bickell - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Prust - Talbot or Lapierre - Dumont or heavy weight.

PS: Just imagine Prust + Talbot.... totally sick!

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
No. Room.

Man do people have a hard time understanding that concept.

Yes because when is a team ever 100% healthy? maybe first 10 games of season? There are always injuries, depth is what teams need to win, LA had players sitting in the stands on their run last year

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
we need an enforcer who can play 7-9 mins.
we have boston and TO twice + philly twice
and prust has an injured shoulder, which
can easily be re injured in a fight

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I'm no necessarily disagreeing with your post, but philly?

Gotta watch out for Bash Brothers 2.0: Danny "The Butcher" Briere and Claude "The Ghoul" Giroux.

Strangest things have happened.

Please find me something stranger happening than the first in division team in the NHL trading away their captain at the deadline who is second in goals for the team just because he doesn't fit the image some Canadiens fans want for the team and they replace him with a guy close to 10 years older than their captain just because it'd be neat to see him wear the CH and skate alongside the top center.

I'll wait.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Gotta watch out for Bash Brothers 2.0: Danny "The Butcher" Briere and Claude "The Ghoul" Giroux.

Please find me something stranger happening than the first in division team in the NHL trading away their captain at the deadline who is second in goals for the team just because he doesn't fit the image some Canadiens fans want for the team and they replace him with a guy close to 10 years older than their captain just because it'd be neat to see him wear the CH and skate alongside the top center.

I'll wait.

Ryder can play left, so left wingers can be traded also, we don't know if Bourque will be back at full health or that anyone else will get injured. I'm not saying Gio will be traded, just saying that there is no room for Jagr is the reason we will not trade for him is a silly reason. I don't think we'll trade for him nor do i particularly want to trade for him, i just thought your argument was silly.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Ryder can play left, so left wingers can be traded also, we don't know if Bourque will be back at full health or that anyone else will get injured. I'm not saying Gio will be traded, just saying that there is no room for Jagr is the reason we will not trade for him is a silly reason. I don't think we'll trade for him nor do i particularly want to trade for him, i just thought your argument was silly.

Oh, so now we're having to move either Pacioretty, Bourque, Galchenyuk, Eller or Prust to make room for Jagr? And what, making Ryder a fourth line left winger? Is the goal to trade Moen for Jagr (somehow)?

I'm loving this discussion. How about you petition the NHL to allow a five line so you can fit the players you want to trade for on the team?

First in the division. One of the best goal scoring teams in the league. Last thing you need to do is disrupt the locker for fantasies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad