Speculation: Habs on Tradecentre Part 3 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Didn't see the Aaron Ward fiasco, but from what I read so far, Iginla switched at the last minute telling Feaster he would only go to Pits... A bum move in my mind...

as much as i love the Bs getting $h#t on, I hate the Pens just as much and it seems like they got him for rotten peanuts too. Has anyone heard of these prospects?

I agree with some Bs fans that think the NHL should stop the trade. Seems absurd.

cjbhab*

as much as i love the Bs getting $h#t on, I hate the Pens just as much and it seems like they got him for rotten peanuts too. Has anyone heard of these prospects?

I agree with some Bs fans that think the NHL should stop the trade. Seems absurd.

Why would the NHL stop the trade?

PIT has the cap room and is giving up a first round pick and 2 prospects for an impending FA.

Not sure I see the problem here.

Crystal Met

Dec 2, 2007
lol at stoping the trade... yes its not a great return for iginla, but if he only wanted to go to pittsburgh what can you do...at least its a deep draft

Physical HABuse

Nov 3, 2002
Mississauga
Visit site
I'm pretty sure there's a high probability that this is the reason why Iggy changed his mind.

If I was Iginla and saw Julien and Marchand crying, whining, and making excuses again after they got beat by a team which never gave up......yeah, I'd question how I'd fit in with them given the reputation I have and the type of player I am.

CN_paladin

Jan 22, 2007
Westeros
This best described the Bruins fans tonight:

15s3n1z.gif

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
got this crazy idea on how to improve out team...

get MB to send a message to the "sellers" saying he'll match/beat any offers B's make on rentals... :nod:

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
After tonight's game, we really really need some help on the backend, either to play beside markov or bouillon. I think we can live without a significant addition upfront, assuming prust will be back soon and maybe bourque for the playoffs.....And btw, we should resign ryder.
Agreed on all fronts. I'd love to grab a guy like Boyle. Takes some pressure off Subban offensively, helps the PP even more and he's a great skater and solid defender (although I haven't followed him this year).

Guy Caballero

Nov 15, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I literally cannot stop laughing. This is the greatest night ever. We will always and forever be able to say that Iggy exercised his NTC because the Habs shamed the B's (even if that didn't actually happen).

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Even though Leafs and Habs fans hate each other, I think tonight we can all share a collective L.O.L

Good night boys!

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
We have superstar in Timmins...

I really hope Bergevin holds on to our 1st Rnd Pick and ALL of our 2nd Rnd picks.

Imo, if Bergevin could somehow get a solid #5 dman that could play top 4 minutes...that would be great!!! (for 4th Rnd pick?)
Need to help Subban, Gorges, Markov...so they are more rested for playoffs (and healthy of course).

After getting Gallagher in the 5th Rnd...I want to be greedy and hope we keep all of our Draft Picks!!

IF we get a healthy Prust and Bourque back...I'm not so worried about our forwards.

It's a top 5 dman (or top 4) dman that we need, imo.

Pleks
Gallagher
Pacioretty
Prust
Gionta
Ryder
Bourque
Desharnais
Eller
Galchenyuk
Moen
Halpern
Armstrong
White

Go Timmins Go!!

Last edited:

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
We have superstar in Timmins...

I really hope Bergevin holds on to our 1st Rnd Pick and ALL of our 2nd Rnd picks.

Imo, if Bergevin could somehow get a solid #5 dman that could play top 4 minutes...that would be great!!! (for 4th Rnd pick?)
Need to help Subban, Gorges, Markov...so they are more rested for playoffs (and healthy of course).

After getting Gallagher in the 5th Rnd...I want to be greedy and hope we keep all of our Draft Picks!!

IF we get a healthy Prust and Bourque back...I'm not so worried about our forwards.

IMo, it's a top 5 dman (or top 4) dman that we need.

Pleks
Gallagher
Pacioretty
Prust
Gionta
Ryder
Bourque
Desharnais
Eller
Galchenyuk
Moen
Halpern
Armstrong
White

Go Timmins Go!!

I was thinking about Bouwmeester or Wideman, since Calgary is in sell-out mode but it would just end up hurting us in the long run.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I was thinking about Bouwmeester or Wideman, since Calgary is in sell-out mode but it would just end up hurting us in the long run.

Price would be too steep, unless...Bergevin could pull off some magic.

I was thinking of someone that doesn't have a huge name (not many knew Gorges when he was a Shark...not even the Sharks;)).

A #4-5 dman that won't cost us a lot, but can do the job.
Any names out there?!

We will all be thankful for our draft picks since timmins can pull off lots of magic during Draft day.

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Man, I'm really interested in Jussi Jokinen. Depth for now and for the playoffs.

He's had a history of solid playoff performances.

Only signed one more year at $3M.

I'd definitely take him if Carolina's interested in Kabs, Moen, or Weber.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad