Speculation: Habs on Tradecentre Part 3 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
What about a deal with Phoenix for a package of Torres AND Klesla?

One of our 2nds, a 4th and a mid-tier prospect should do the trick...

Klesla would be interesting and welcomed but I do not believe this club needs another 4th line player.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
He is supposed to be available (Streit).

He's a UFA to be with a past here, unfortunately the Isles are one win out of 8th. Hab fans should be pulling for them to lose their next three games vs the Pens, Flyers, and Devils. That would go a long way towards making their captain more available. The chances that he gets dealt seem unlikely, same with Boyle and the Sharks hovering around a playoff spot.

Maybe Klesla is the most likely add?

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Klesla would be interesting and welcomed but I do not believe this club needs another 4th line player.

Depth is just too important to disregard. A guy like Torres can fit pretty much everywhere in the lineup in case of injuries. He also provides grit and an energetic presence. Injuries always happen in the playoffs and a guy like Torres could step up without looking out of place.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Depth is just too important to disregard. A guy like Torres can fit pretty much everywhere in the lineup in case of injuries. He also provides grit and an energetic presence. Injuries always happen in the playoffs and a guy like Torres could step up without looking out of place.

Aye, I agree with you. Just worry about the stigma that comes with Torres but if he's liked in the room and has reformed like it appears he has it would be a fine pick up.

We can agree that if MTL is serious about doing some damage in the playoffs they need to add some more depth.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Unless the return is amazing, never gonna happen. Giordano is pretty much the part of the core they'll keep for rebuilt.

It seem like J-Bo, Sarich, Babchuk will be the guys they look to deal... Bouwmeester will have lots of bidders, Sarich sucks and is signed for another year, and Babchuk, well, whatever.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Not this year.

You are right. We should wait another year just to see Markov, Gionta and Plekanec get a year older and suck even more. Plus we all know, that they look at their best when they play a physical 82 games season, instead of a 48' one. :shakehead

Seriously, this year we have no 'major' injuries in our top9 (Bourque will be back same for Prust). On a 82 games season our smallish forwards are never healthy. Plus we are starting to see signs of slowdown to Gionta/Markov. It's time NOW. Not next year. You never heard the proverb: when you see the train, jump on it? Waiting is not the key when you have an opportunity, because you never know what can happen if you wait.

HOCKEYSFUTUREboard is full of people always loving the future. But the future means **** if you never try to win. And now we have a possibility to do it. Well, we're one of the two best team in the East. What do you want more? A season with 0 defeats? It wont happen.

I'm not talking about trading Eller/Galchenyuk etc. Im talking about trading a first round pick, or one of Beaulieu/Ellis/Collberg/Kristo. Look what the Pens gave for Iginla (1st round pick and 2 ****** prospects). Its not destroying the future of their organisation and they have a much better team now.

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
It seem like J-Bo, Sarich, Babchuk will be the guys they look to deal... Bouwmeester will have lots of bidders, Sarich sucks and is signed for another year, and Babchuk, well, whatever.

Totally, I could 1-2 if not all of them changing homes when comes the deadline.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
I think we should go all in. We're 2nd in the conference and have depth. Markov is not getting any younger...neither is Pleks, Gio, etc. We have Ryder as a rental. We have some really good prospects and a crapload of picks. Don't mortgage the future, but I don't mind trading a pick or some mid level prospects for someone that can help us challenge for the cup.

Aznrx8

Feb 9, 2007
You are right. We should wait another year just to see Markov, Gionta and Plekanec get a year older and suck even more. Plus we all know, that they look at their best when they play a physical 82 games season, instead of a 48' one. :shakehead

Seriously, this year we have no 'major' injuries in our top9 (Bourque will be back same for Prust). On a 82 games season our smallish forwards are never healthy. Plus we are starting to see signs of slowdown to Gionta/Markov. It's time NOW. Not next year. You never heard the proverb: when you see the train, jump on it? Waiting is not the key when you have an opportunity, because you never know what can happen if you wait.

HOCKEYSFUTUREboard is full of people always loving the future. But the future means **** if you never try to win. And now we have a possibility to do it. Well, we're one of the two best team in the East. What do you want more? A season with 0 defeats? It wont happen.

I'm not talking about trading Eller/Galchenyuk etc. Im talking about trading a first round pick, or one of Beaulieu/Ellis/Collberg/Kristo. Look what the Pens gave for Iginla (1st round pick and 2 ****** prospects). Its not destroying the future of their organisation and they have a much better team now.

+ 1

I feel the same way where we should take advantage of the situation. Usually by the end of a 82 games calendar Plekanec is out of gas and so are most of our players. And add to that we don't have injuries to our key player. Maybe not a huge trade but someone like Clowe to help out and add a little more depth

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Morrow-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis
Bennett- Jeffrey - Kennedy

Will be a really tough team to beat...

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

I'm all in with you, bro. We should make a push.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
I think we should go all in. We're 2nd in the conference and have depth. Markov is not getting any younger...neither is Pleks, Gio, etc. We have Ryder as a rental. We have some really good prospects and a crapload of picks. Don't mortgage the future, but I don't mind trading a pick or some mid level prospects for someone that can help us challenge for the cup.

I would be interested in doing something in the middle...I think a guy like Jagr would be perfect...don't know what it would take to get him though, but personally a move like that would be perfect for this year. He would run the PP by himself...give PK and Markov even more space to operate out there...just thinking about it makes me like it more and more.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
I would interested in doing something in the middle...I think a guy like Jagr would be perfect...don't know what it would take to get him though, but personally a move like that would be perfect for this year. He would run the PP by himself...give PK and Markov even more space to operate out there...just thinking about it makes me like it more and more.

Yes. I'm down with Jagr for a 3rd and someone like Leblanc or a prospect of his caliber? I think we really need a dman, though. NEED a top 4 guy who can also play on the 2nd waive of the PP. Not sure if one is available but...that would be nice.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007

The current draft year has the potential to be more impacting to the Habs than any of the previous 30. More Dominic Moore trades will not make the team more competitive with the Pens and will hurt the future. Pens are not going to lose to Montreal in a 7 game series this year might as well keep all the assets the organization has and add more.

If MB tries to match deals with the Pens he's not as good a GM as I think he is.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
The current draft year has the potential to be more impacting to the Habs than any of the previous 30. More Dominic Moore trades will not make the team more competitive with the Pens and will hurt the future. Pens are not going to lose to Montreal in a 7 game series this year might as well keep all the assets the organization has and add more.

If MB tries to match deals with the Pens he's not as good a GM as I think he is.

If MB can turn some stale prospects and players (like Weber, Leblanc, etc) into a player that can make us better I'm all for it. I've seen enough of Weber personally...Leblanc doesn't seem to be anything to write home about either...I'm not saying those guys could get a deal done though..just saying that if MB could turn players like that into a good short term solution I'm all for it.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.

Yes or we could have another A. Kostitsyn, D. Fisher, L. Leblanc, K. Chipchura, J. Tinordi with the 25th pick? Come on. Stop with the future will help us in the longterm. Yeah that late 20s pick will MAYBE help us in what? 4-5 years? When we will be there, the team will be COMPLETELY different. Stop please. And to have an actual IMPACT player with a late 20s pick is almost impossible.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Morrow-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis
Bennett- Jeffrey - Kennedy

Will be a really tough team to beat...

Plekanec and Gionta would get the big assignment, probably with Subban. I think Markov would be up to handling his countryman in the playoffs. Some may say no, but I think he could give it a go. If Therrien can find a line to help handle Malkin, that's the key. Some combo of big bodies that can skate. Eller would have to get a little nasty, it could be his coming out party. Sutter would have Desharnais line, it would be interesting to see who the RW would be. Maybe Ryder, I think you want Bourque skating w/ Pleks and Gio vs Crosby.

The interesting thing would be creating the Eller shutdown line, maybe w/ Prust and Halpern/Moen/Armstrong would let Galchenyuk and Gallagher skate vs the Pens fourth line? I don't know. There would be tons of interesting coaching decisions, and it would be an amazing series, Price would need steal at least one game, and the team needing either a healthy Diaz or one more dependable 20+ minute defenceman.

It's why it's so important that Bergevin make a move to shore up the blueline. If he does they can comfortably play with anyone.

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Yes or we could have another A. Kostitsyn, D. Fisher, L. Leblanc, K. Chipchura, J. Tinordi with the 25th pick? Come on. Stop with the future will help us in the longterm. Yeah that late 20s pick will MAYBE help us in what? 4-5 years? When we will be there, the team will be COMPLETELY different. Stop please. And to have an actual IMPACT player with a late 20s pick is almost impossible.

By completely different you mean a 22 year old star in galchenyuk right? A 26 year old elite Dman in pk I could go on but do I really have too?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I agree with you guys, Klesla should be our main target.

The guy WAS the Yotes in last years playoff.(Along with OEL.)

We could recreate the same with Subban!

He's one of the best Dman in the league at playing D. And thats what we need.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
If MB can turn some stale prospects and players (like Weber, Leblanc, etc) into a player that can make us better I'm all for it. I've seen enough of Weber personally...Leblanc doesn't seem to be anything to write home about either...I'm not saying those guys could get a deal done though..just saying that if MB could turn players like that into a good short term solution I'm all for it.

Sure, if MB can turn water into wine then :handclap: to him I am with you on that. I am not in favour of trading real future pieces for temporary now pieces.

The goal for me is sustainable contender status. Pens are a powerhouse without this trade, they took a step now that MB can't match.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

Such a defetist attitude. A Moore deal will not help....but a Jagr and/or Bouwmeester deal will!

There won't be a much better time to go all in. I'm all for picks and prospects, but you can't just stockpile them and expect to be great. You need to use those picks prospects sometimes for real assets that can help the team now.

2nd in the conference with a healthy team that has lost...what 7 games in regulation and people don't want to "go for it" What? If you're a top 5 team in the league, you do what you can to win the cup. I don't care about Pittsburgh...they can be beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad