Speculation: Habs on Tradecentre Part 3 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Unreal about iggy. WOW.

Bruins fans must feel like absolute crap at the moment. Sucks for fans but man, it's hard to feel bad.

I don't have to see iginla in a bruins jersey and already I feel significantly better.

Iginla and crosby, olympic game winning goal line.

Kikizaz

Jan 15, 2008
Victoria BC
Agreed on all fronts. I'd love to grab a guy like Boyle. Takes some pressure off Subban offensively, helps the PP even more and he's a great skater and solid defender (although I haven't followed him this year).

^^

Ditto Ditto!

(Besides, lets get em working together for Team Canada next time)

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Price would be too steep, unless...Bergevin could pull off some magic.

I was thinking of someone that doesn't have a huge name (not many knew Gorges when he was a Shark...not even the Sharks;)).

A #4-5 dman that won't cost us a lot, but can do the job.
Any names out there?!

We will all be thankful for our draft picks since timmins can pull off lots of magic during Draft day.

Well Bouwmeester was acquired from the panthers for Jordan Leopold and a 3rd round pick. Now Bouwmeester as become somewhat of a persona non grata in Calgary we could probably get him for a 3rd and Yannick Weber.

Then we could ship him off somewhere else this summer. Altough it would cost us a 3rd and Weber which I'm not entirely convince it would actually be a good idea.

Last edited:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Unreal about iggy. WOW.

Bruins fans must feel like absolute crap at the moment. Sucks for fans but man, it's hard to feel bad.

I don't have to see iginla in a bruins jersey and already I feel significantly better.

Same here. Not sure they'd feel bad for us, so no need to feel for them...;). Again though, Boston does look like the big time loser, will want to make a move and are surely ready to overpay. I hope other GM's aren't stupid enough to not let them.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Same here. Not sure they'd feel bad for us, so no need to feel for them...;). Again though, Boston does look like the big time loser, will want to make a move and are surely ready to overpay. I hope other GM's aren't stupid enough to not let them.

As you said on their board, they prob need a D too anyway. They'd be so much more dangerous with a streit to give blast options on the PP.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
As you said on their board, they prob need a D too anyway. They'd be so much more dangerous with a streit to give blast options on the PP.

And up front...St-Louis is still there. Not worried about Clowe too much. But again, Boston with a PP is so much more dangerous. Add Streit, and it changes their team...probably more than with a Iginla. Let's wait before we're too happy, yet....that was fun nonetheless..:D

Davebo*

SOB!

No Iginla to boston! makes the Pens all the more dangerous but the bruins getting squat just made my day! Well - they didn't get Iginla, but they did get that guy from Ottawa - what's his name... lol

Can't stop :biglaugh: out here in real life! Bruins players chokes while on the ice, meanwhile off the ice the bruins management team is choking. :handclap:

Last edited by a moderator:

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
SOB!

No Iginla to boston! makes the Pens all the more dangerous but the bruins getting squat just made my day! Well - they didn't get Iginla, but they did get that guy from Ottawa - what's his name... lol

The Dog Man (Kaspars Daugaviņs).

PricePkPatch*

Unreal about iggy. WOW.

Go read their board. Schadenfreud at it's best.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Boyle, Bouwmeester, Klesla, Regehr, Robidas, Streit... Bergevin needs to flex a little bit and add a defenceman.

Davebo*

The Dog Man (Kaspars Daugaviņs).

Thanks - I knew the name, but 'What's his name' is a nice contrast to a well known name like Iginla. :)

I'd love to go point that out to them. You know - just to make them feel like that whole day wasn't a complete loss. Poor little guys ;)

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
What would it cost to get Streit? Seems like a reasonable purchase and I'd look to extend him as well.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Well Bouwmeester was acquired from the panthers for Jordan Leopold and a 3rd round pick. Now Bouwmeester as become somewhat of a persona non grata in Calgary we could probably get him for a 3rd and Yannick Weber.

Then we could ship him off somewhere else this summer. Altough it would cost us a 3rd and Weber which I'm not entirely convince it would actually be a good idea.

From the rumors, Calgary would want more fr JBo than Iginla because he is their top d-man, having a good year and signed through next year.

Would likely cost 1st plus Eller and Kristo.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
And up front...St-Louis is still there. Not worried about Clowe too much. But again, Boston with a PP is so much more dangerous. Add Streit, and it changes their team...probably more than with a Iginla. Let's wait before we're too happy, yet....that was fun nonetheless..:D

There has been no indication that St.Louis is available. I think they'd have to sell the farm to get him plus get him to waive his NTC.

Davebo*

What great morning! Sun is shining! Bacon is sizzling. The bruins lose TWO heart-breakers in one night!

Not thrilled he went to the pens, either, but come on! Seeing the bruins in this position is a beautiful thing...

Happy Dance!

Physical HABuse

Nov 3, 2002
Mississauga
Visit site
Man, I'm really interested in Jussi Jokinen. Depth for now and for the playoffs.

He's had a history of solid playoff performances.

Only signed one more year at $3M.

I'd definitely take him if Carolina's interested in Kabs, Moen, or Weber.

They'd never be interested in Kabs. Remember how Rutherford was calling him fat.....and they traded him to Boston, I believe. :)

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Boyle, Bouwmeester, Klesla, Regehr, Robidas, Streit... Bergevin needs to flex a little bit and add a defenceman.

If the Habs decide to add a defenceman out of that group,my choice would be Rusty Klesla.He's a veteran with size 6'3" 223lbs.,skill,he's only 31 yrs.old and doesn't carry a huge contract.The rest are either older or have huge contracts the Habs don't need.

Barriwhite

Don’t be shocked by the tone of my voice
Nov 8, 2005
Montreal
They'd never be interested in Kabs. Remember how Rutherford was calling him fat.....and they traded him to Boston, I believe. :)

They traded Kaberle to us for Spacek..., and Rutherford then called Kaberle out publicly as his worst signing ever. Probably after praising him to Gauthier over the phone a minute earlier.

LucaGTI

Sep 28, 2012
Montreal
i love that the bruins got snubbed in this deal...but the pens are a scary looking team now...what did they give away for iggy?

Habsterix*

Okay come on... I get the "he's the captain, huge heart bla bla bla" thing but he is not worth the contract we gave him 4 million absolutely but not 5
Do the math, check the stats since he's been with the team, regular season and playoffs. Then add his leadership and compare to the rest of the league (players who were eligible to unrestricted free agency). Then come back to tell me that Gionta isn't worth the money he's getting paid. I dare you... as I did the exercise a few times myself.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Bruins fans actually thought they were gonna get Iginla for their **** package last night... I can't believe it! This is awesome! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad