Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Oilers Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I can see us taking 2 of 3, or go 1-1-1. Flames are as low scoring as we are, so it'll be a grindfest.

We'll see I guess, but all of the sudden Lehkonen/Byron are in top 9 when they played 4th line or were benched for the majority of this season.

We have depth at forward, but can't use it (Evans, Caufield, Poehling, Dauphin) because of recall rules. And we have no extra forwards on the roster because we're carrying 8D.

I agree with @Habs they should have opened up the recalls post-trade deadline, at least from 4 to 6.

I'm ok either way. Perhaps that's why I didn't get angry or disappointed at all when we lost last night.

If we miss the playoffs, we get a lottery pick.

If we make the playoffs, Iwill be curious to see how Gally and Caufield help the team, and if Suzuki and KK can again raise their play...

But man would I ever love a lottery pick.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I'm ok either way. Perhaps that's why I didn't get angry or disappointed at all when we lost last night.

If we make the playoffs, Iwill be curious to see how Gally and Caufield help the team, and if Suzuki and KK can again raise their play...

I'm in the same boat. If they make the playoffs, Gallagher should be ready and the cap & recall rules go out the window, so we can dress Caufield, Evans, Poehling or whoever. Getting KK & Suzuki more playoff experience isn't a bad thing too. You need to get into playoffs to improve as a player.

OTOH, if we miss chances are high that MB is fired & we pick top 15. It's not a great draft, but I believe we can still get a top 6 player in that area.

Either or is good to me. I wasn't mad about losing last game just a little frustrated that they caved in the last 10 minutes of the game after playing pretty well up to that point and frustrating McDavid.

Reactions: Redux91 and 26Mats

del17

Dec 26, 2015

I feel the same way as we are not a cup contender yet. I do feel it will be invaluable experience for our younger players. I am not sure this coach plays them over veterans anyways

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
The 3 games against the Flames coming up decide the season in my opinion. If we take 2 of the games, they’re likely finished.

Canucks at this time have better odds at making playoffs than Flames. Flames last 4 games are vs Canucks, could make for an interesting end of season.

Jesker

May 8, 2010
Montreal
I for one am excited to see our group of d-men get even slower.

Kulak is not the issue on defense. These slow pylons + Petry's bonehead plays are.

Another time for the people in the back.

Kulak while limited was actually one of the only Ds that created minimal offense recently. Just a typical move though, scratch Kulak. Evans. Big things will happen (not).

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don't get it. The guy looked like a pure shooter in the SHL. What the hell happened?

He even looked good in his rookie year. He was perhaps the best forward in that playoff not named Radulov.

Im not really sure what happened to him.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I don't get it. The guy looked like a pure shooter in the SHL. What the hell happened?

Asked to play defensively above anything else, first with Plekanec, then with other players. It just killed his offensive instincts/skills.

This year thought, being dumped on the 4th and health scratched just killed him inside I think...

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
The Habs captain ladies and gents. Same attitude as our GM. It's everyone else's fault.

If this isn't symbolic of what is wrong with this organization, I don't know what is.

He sounds annoyed. This is the first time in his career he’s had to deal with real adversity in regards to the quality of his play. He had that epic game 7 collapse his final game in Nashville, but that was swept under the rug because it’s Nashville. He’s been awful and it seems like he’s not even aware of it with the comments he’s been making all year.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
"Wait a minute that's not Cayden Primeau , by god it's Cole Caufield!"...

1Swa.gif

e700d79e-dc11-4664-8e1e-9ca9255d5f69_text.gif

AgileUltimateGoat-size_restricted.gif

CheeryFalseDachshund-max-1mb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad