Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Oilers Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Hopefully the media keeps riding his ass and he says f*** it. Im done. Price too

I think Price’s contract has LTIR written all over it the final 2-3 years. If he’s still here after the offseason, I think we’re watching the final 2-3 years of his career.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I think Price’s contract has LTIR written all over it then final 2-3 years. If he’s still here after the offseason, I think we’re watching the final 2-3 years of his career.
You know I think it’s coming to an end sooner than that. Price is a weird dude. I can see him packing it up and going to Washington state forever

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
not giving vanilla answers doesn't need to equate to not taking responsibility or being accountable...

the answers today reek of the loser/excuse focused culture MB has been cultivating year over year. i guess you can't blame them, poor leadership from the top inevitably filters down.

I disagree. I think better questions will result in better answers. I personally would not have patience for questions like this. these ''journalist'' (they are more like filthy hoes) need to go back to school. As far as I am concerned, their right to write should be revoked.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
For everyone dog piling Weber for that answer, while I have said several times he’s been awful this year (who hasn’t here?) I will say that the man never spoke about his own accomplishments when the Habs were going well, but he spoke about the team and their success. I can’t honestly be mad then when he doesn’t talk about his individual performance when he and the team are sucking. He’s consistently put the team first in all things at all times... as disappointing as he’s been this year and as bad as he’s played, I won’t jump on him for being consistent in his viewpoints. It’s not easy to stick by your principles when the sharks are circling. I don’t especially like the answer but I don’t see it as being anything other than what he’s said all along from day one.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Danault, Gally and Tatar
And how has that been working out for us in terms of top line production? Haven't made the playoffs with that group in three years. We all know they didn't make it last year either. So I guess we've enjoyed a stable nothing.

Reactions: habsfan891

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Both guys light years better than Armia. Guy is a fourth liner if he signs here next year. Below Gallagher, Anderson, Caufield and Toffoli on the right wing depth chart.
I don't think being better than Armia is a hard feat. Caufield is already better and he did not even play in the NHL yet.

Armia is a 4th liner with size who doesnt use his body.

Reactions: aresknights

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
For everyone dog piling Weber for that answer, while I have said several times he’s been awful this year (who hasn’t here?) I will say that the man never spoke about his own accomplishments when the Habs were going well, but he spoke about the team and their success. I can’t honestly be mad then when he doesn’t talk about his individual performance when he and the team are sucking. He’s consistently put the team first in all things at all times... as disappointing as he’s been this year and as bad as he’s played, I won’t jump on him for being consistent in his viewpoints. It’s not easy to stick by your principles when the sharks are circling. I don’t especially like the answer but I don’t see it as being anything other than what he’s said all along from day one.

that's an interesting perspective... not sure I agree, i think different circumstances call for different approaches from someone tasked with the "C", but I see your point re. the consistency side of responding to everything from the team lens.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Because you have to "recall" any players from taxi squad. After trade deadline, you only get 4 recalls, Montreal used 3 of them already, which means we only have one more.

The assumption is they're saving it for Caufield, but we don't have the cap space to add him. We could add Evans, but that uses up our final recall, which means Caufield wouldn't be able to play a regular season game.

MB really f***ed up roster/cap flexibility at the deadline.

I'm really not sure how he managed this given his experience with spending to the Cap. :sarcasm:
But seriously who is his Capologist and did he even listen to him? :ha:

Reactions: habsfan891

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Probably not going to watch it unless they find a way to insert Cole Caufield. That's how much they suck right-now.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I disagree. I think better questions will result in better answers. I personally would not have patience for questions like this. these ''journalist'' (they are more like filthy hoes) need to go back to school. As far as I am concerned, their right to write should be revoked.

you really think more thoughtful questions is what's lacking from Drouin's capacity to respond differently? interesting take, definitely don't agree even if i agree that most of the sports reporters on the daily beat don't offer much quality in their approach or depth (or lack thereof)... somewhat goes with the territory to though, they are chasing soundbytes, not thoughtful layered perspectives the way a long-form interviewer would.... and by and large the athletes are just as motivated to quickly go through the motions/irritated at questions like the ones you suggest that would require them to think more about their response...

more concisely, don't hate the playa, hate the game ;)

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Both guys light years better than Armia. Guy is a fourth liner if he signs here next year. Below Gallagher, Anderson, Caufield and Toffoli on the right wing depth chart.
Yeah yeah, i know. Armia sucks and my feelings are hurt now :sarcasm: But those albatross contracts sucks even more. Like light years more. Lmao, almost half of the cap wasted on four mediocre players. Totally handicapping this teams for years to come.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
That's the seedy media of today,always looking for shock value,he should have gave them a dose of the Voracek treatment.

WG

Sep 9, 2008

You'll have to refresh me as to when this was. It is the one year out of the last five they legitimately made the playoffs only to get immediately trounced by a mediocre Rangers team?

Reactions: Rapala

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
And how has that been working out for us in terms of top line production? Haven't made the playoffs with that group in three years. We all know they didn't make it last year either. So I guess we've enjoyed a stable nothing.

That line has been pretty good though, would be an ideal 2nd line but habs can't draft or get first line players...

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Why isn't Evans playing or Frolik? What am I missing from this circus? Why not put fresh bodies in?

You are only allowed 4 non-emergency callus post trade deadline. We've already made 3. So if we call up say Evans which we have the capsapce to do Caufield or anyone else on taxi squad can't play until playoffs.

Imo it defeats the whole point of a taxi squad.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You'll have to refresh me as to when this was. It is the one year out of the last five they legitimately made the playoffs only to get immediately trounced by a mediocre Rangers team?

That was so my response when I read the post but I was closing down for the night. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad