Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Oilers Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Flames won't catch up. They would have to play world class hockey. Habs will get in the playoffs, do better than expected which is not getting swept in the first round, Molson extends Bergevin for making the playoffs.
I don’t like you

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Because you have to "recall" any players from taxi squad. After trade deadline, you only get 4 recalls, Montreal used 3 of them already, which means we only have one more.

The assumption is they're saving it for Caufield, but we don't have the cap space to add him. We could add Evans, but that uses up our final recall, which means Caufield wouldn't be able to play a regular season game.

MB really f***ed up roster/cap flexibility at the deadline.

Thanks, I wasn't sure about that. Bergy playing 4D chess bitches, nobody on his Rainman type of genius level. I think the NHL is playing this a little stupid though, all these games and no relieve unless you have someone on IR. Hard to believe the PA signed off on some of these COVID rules this shortened season. I mean we are being punshed for having a pandemic hit the locker room, so are the Canucks. Way too many games, they need player relieve for teams that have had covid.

Tough year for sure.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Tatr and Danault don't have to be joined at the hip when Gallagher isn't there.

These best thing about that trio was that they were all greater than the sum of their parts when together.

When one guy gets hurt from that trio, I'm all for splitting them apart especially when the team is looking for a spark somewhere.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I don't know what to say anymore about this team.
Im still shocked that Price got a concussion of that hit.
Weber comments is literally the proof of me that the guy is completely out of his mind and completely lost mentally.
Bergevin's f***ing up the call up/call down is a joke.
Drouin comments about ''there is another column'' sounds f***ing arrogant . 10 assists in the last 22 games , that's f***ing shit for a guy with all PP time and 15-16min a game.
Ducharme can't coach for shit.
We want a shutdown line for Mcdavid and other big teams cannon , they send Danault with Tatar and Anderson which are not the best 200 feet players.
Danault line should be with Lekhonen and Byron and have an actual decent line defensively with speed.
Give the best tools to KK and Suzuki and run this till the end.

I was sure reading Weber and Drouin comments were the top of the iceberg today but after listening to Martin Lemay on ''RDS on Jase'' thinks if Price plays all 3 periods , habs would have won and literally threw Allen under a bus.

Even the whiteknights media are beyond redemption.

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
I guess maybe there is no leadership in the locker room and that is why bozovin keeps trying to bring in over the hill has-beens in a desperate attempt to find some.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
True, either Flames have to play world class hockey (which they won't).

But, there's also another option which is very realistic: we sink like stones in the standings. We've done it before. I wouldn't preclude the possibility. Gallagher and Price are out. We're frozen because of the cap and call ups. The current lineup's offense is anemic. We'll see.

The 3 games against the Flames coming up decide the season in my opinion. If we take 2 of the games, they’re likely finished.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don't know what to say anymore about this team.
Im still shocked that Price got a concussion of that hit.
Weber comments is literally the proof of me that the guy is completely out of his mind and completely lost mentally.
Bergevin's f***ing up the call up/call down is a joke.
Drouin comments about ''there is another column'' sounds f***ing arrogant . 10 assists in the last 22 games , that's f***ing shit for a guy with all PP time and 15-16min a game.
Ducharme can't coach for shit.
We want a shutdown line for Mcdavid and other big teams cannon , they send Danault with Tatar and Anderson which are not the best 200 feet players.
Danault line should be with Lekhonen and Byron and have an actual decent line defensively with speed.
Give the best tools to KK and Suzuki and run this till the end.

I was sure reading Weber and Drouin comments were the top of the iceberg today but after listening to Martin Lemay on ''RDS on Jase'' thinks if Price plays all 3 periods , habs would have won and literally threw Allen under a bus.

Even the whiteknights media are beyond redemption.

Is it true that price got a concussion? Was it from the goalie interference play?

I just assumed he tweaked something late in the period during the PK.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Lol. That third line. The " no shot " line. The " lead hands " line ? Is DD kidding ?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
as of now, I don't see us taking 2 of the games.

I can see us taking 2 of 3, or go 1-1-1. Flames are as low scoring as we are, so it'll be a grindfest.

We'll see I guess, but all of the sudden Lehkonen/Byron are in top 9 when they played 4th line or were benched for the majority of this season.

We have depth at forward, but can't use it (Evans, Caufield, Poehling, Dauphin) because of recall rules. And we have no extra forwards on the roster because we're carrying 8D.

I agree with @Habs they should have opened up the recalls post-trade deadline, at least from 4 to 6.

Reactions: 26Mats
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad