Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Oilers Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
ooff... that 4th line is going to get torched by McD & co.

You just know Tippett is going to be licking his chops at double or even tripple shifting McD to get him on the ice against that defensive-zone nightmare any time he can.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If Weber and Chiarot struggle, what would you rather as the 2nd pair:

Edmundson Petry
Kulak Weber
Romanov Merrill

Or

Edmundson Petry
Chiarot Kulak
Romanov Merrill

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Wouldn't mind trying Merrill with Chiarot actually and dropping Weber to bottom pairing.

Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot -- Merrill
Romanov -- Weber

The biggest issue last game was actually Eddie-Petry in 3rd period.

Kulak & Romanov were our only plus on D.

Not much we can do about the forwards.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Wouldn't mind trying Merrill with Chiarot actually and dropping Weber to bottom pairing.

Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot -- Merrill
Romanov -- Weber

The biggest issue last game was actually Eddie-Petry in 3rd period.

Kulak & Romanov were our only plus on D.

Not much we can do about the forwards.

I agree with this. But we know Eddy's just doing his best. The first goal was a Drouin missed coverage.

The 2nd goal was a Tatar turnover. It's a cardinal sin to turn the puck over at the opposition's blueline when everybody's going forward. Sure a true first pairing dman wouldn't have been caught as flatfooted as Eddy was - but Tatar can't do that when McDavid's on the ice.

the 3rd goal was because there was only so much time left and we needed to press for the equalizer. both D were practically pinching to make sure when the puck game loose from that long scrum in the corner, it stayed in the o-zone. Oilers ended up wining the puck battle and McDavid sent Pool Party off to the races.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Good: Drouin finally demoted. Bum

Bad: KK gets plugs for line mates again

Utterly Insane: Chariot-Weber still a thing...

Right now we should be in hold it down mode until Caufield and Gally can get into the lineup. So haveing a 3rd line that can hold it down defensively is a smart move. But I would have switched KK and Danault...

Merrill is just making his entrance. But with Kulak playing well in spurts, he should be a threat to send Chiarot or Weber to the pressbox. Kulak may be bad. But he may not be as bad as Weber and/or Chiarot.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Great cap management by Bergy. We can't even make changes at forward (which we definitely need).

@Adam Michaels this is a great example of why Gustafsson addition was a terrible decision... desperately needed cap space not available in order to have him sit in the stands and watch instead of the cheaper Mete keeping that same press box seat warm...

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Why isn't Evans playing or Frolik? What am I missing from this circus? Why not put fresh bodies in?

Reactions: Habs13

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
I predict a win. Habs were close last game. I am sure they will learn from the mistakes and do so much super better this game.
3-1 habs. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad