Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Oilers Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Serious question. If the habs were to assign Drouin and or Leks to Laval, does that open up the cap to play Caufield?

I couldn’t care less if they lose either one. Addition by subtraction

My understanding, given this hypothetical, they can't send both. They can only make one transaction until the end of the season. Now, if Drouin were to suddenly "trip" over a stick in the parking lot late at night, we can make the transaction due to injury.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
My understanding, given this hypothetical, they can't send both. They can only make one transaction until the end of the season. Now, if Drouin were to suddenly "trip" over a stick in the parking lot late at night, we can make the transaction due to injury.
I’ll gladly fly to Edmonton and trip him
Thanks for the information btw

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I for one am excited to see our group of d-men get even slower.

Kulak is not the issue on defense. These slow pylons + Petry's bonehead plays are.

Kulak moves the puck somewhat average, 50% of the time, but his f***ing passes are anyone's guess where they are headed... Ben Shitrot is not much better

Reactions: habsfan891

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
I'm fully expecting the Oilers to kick ass. I won't be watching; I refuse to watch another Habs game until Cole Caufield debuts...there is no point.

We all need to stop watching this trash team. The organization and players treat the fans like trash, so it's time we returned the favor and stopped caring. Cancel your TV subscriptions and don't give this joke of an organization another dime until they make changes.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

When asked about his struggles lately, Weber said there's no point talking about him, it's a team sport.

and there goes the "Weber is a great leader" narrative...

wow... that's amazingly weak and not reflective of a strong leader.
Where's the effort to shoulder responsibility/be accountable?
Where's the carrying a heavier burden of scrutiny to ligthen/divert the attention away from younger teammates?

frankly, i'm surprised. i thought at the least he'd be showing some strong captain leadership despite his own struggles... but if this is how he deals with team adversity compounded by (and largely tied to) his own terrible play???

the myth exposed...

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I wonder if this is the last season for Weber and Price?
Not a chance. No one is taking these contracts off our hands. Would you? We’re stuck. The habs are Gonna be really bad when they go back to the Atlantic division

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
The questions asked by the media totally deserved this kind of answers. How do you think you are playing lately ? How does it feel not to score goals? For all of you asking the players to show some personality and stop being politically correct... we you were served!

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
The questions asked by the media totally deserved this kind of answers. How do you think you are playing lately ? How does it feel not to score goals? For all of you asking the players to show some personality and stop being politically correct... we you were served!

not giving vanilla answers doesn't need to equate to not taking responsibility or being accountable...

the answers today reek of the loser/excuse focused culture MB has been cultivating year over year. i guess you can't blame them, poor leadership from the top inevitably filters down.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Not a chance. No one is taking these contracts off our hands. Would you? We’re stuck. The habs are Gonna be really bad when they go back to the Atlantic division

Weber retires after next season. I don’t view it as a big deal from a contract standpoint. We aren’t competing in the next couple years anyways. Price is very likely going to be a big problem however.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Would most of you on here be good with a complete overhaul to like management and the roster?

Bergevin/Timmins/Ducharme/Scouting - Out

Drouin/Chiarot/Byron dumped for futures.

Price in a deal to Seattle with a mill or so retained.

All UFAs walk.

Call up the majority of youth from Laval.

Toffoli Kotkaniemi Anderson
Caufield Suzuki Gallagher
Ylonen Poehling Armia
Teasdale Evans Lehkonen

Edmundson Petry
Romanov Weber
Leskinen Fleury
Kulak Brook

Allen
Primeau

Yes lots of potential growing pains but I think this team would be full of youth/skill/speed/ still physical. It'll be a step back but a fresh start and look for the future.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Weber retires after next season. I don’t view it as a big deal from a contract standpoint. We aren’t competing in the next couple years anyways. Price is very likely going to be a big problem however.
Ya I can see Weber retire when the contract hits 3million. He’s got 6 for next year. The habs are gonna be bad next year regardless, you’re right they’re not competing
Hopefully Price calls it a day

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Ya I can see Weber retire when the contract hits 3million. He’s got 6 for next year. The habs are gonna be bad next year regardless, you’re right they’re not competing
I thought he dropped to 3 after this season.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Maybe I’m dumb for thinking it. But I think a guy of Weber’s category will retire at $3 million the same way Luongo did when he figured out how long playing another season would be. Guys like this have made their money. If I’m wrong, I think he’d be an easy cap dump to some team for a single season because of the salary.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Maybe I’m dumb for thinking it. But I think a guy of Weber’s category will retire at $3 million the same way Luongo did when he figured out how long playing another season would be. Guys like this have made their money. If I’m wrong, I think he’d be an easy cap dump to some team for a single season because of the salary.
Hopefully the media keeps riding his ass and he says f*** it. Im done. Price too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad