Post-Game Talk: Habs Fall to Dallas, 4-1 -- Scapegoats wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Add to that how Bergevin handled Pacioretty over the last year -- it's been a **** show.
I cannot understand how people can see this stuff, and believe it's okay for an NHL GM to act like an insane person.

I imagine it's also why he's so popular with other GMs. :sarcasm:

It was nothing compare to what Sakic did to Duchene. Worked out well for both GM in the end.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
oh those POS on Antichambre don't know skill if it hit them in the face... Like what a toxic load of jsut pure BULL****

I dont understand how anyone can listen to them. They are seriously like the Donald down south .....

well not quite... but you get the point

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Non sequiturs have now been bunched into the recency bias, short sample size, hot takes on this site.

Always a new way to ramp things up.

Double down like MB, great strategy.

Apparantly there's a belief that unprofessional behavior is acceptable in all situations, as long as it's from a guy you like.

Last edited:

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
So I didnt see the 3rd period.. but its is the tank back on? Are we back to crapping on price after his shutout ? I mean I saw the first two goals and I don't think I could blame him for those. The last 2 I did not see

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
oh those POS on Antichambre don't know skill if it hit them in the face... Like what a toxic load of jsut pure BULL****

I dont understand how anyone can listen to them. They are seriously like the Donald down south .....

well not quite... but you get the point

The only problem is that they still wield influence with a segment of the fan base, unfortunately.

However, for our purposes, they are easily ridiculed and are mostly caricatures of themselves.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Snakes on a plane movie.

Player being snake-bitten.

I'm sorry if it makes you discover the disaster that is ''Snakes on a plane''.

I knew of the movie and also that it's a dud, lol.

I didn't know why you made the connection with Lehkonen.

Thanks for the feedback.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
It was nothing compare to what Sakic did to Duchene. Worked out well for both GM in the end.

I guess if NHL players who brutalize their partners can have a too-short-to-begin-with suspension reduced, GMs can treat their players like crap. Doesn't seem like there are any ducks in a row at all.

We'll be seeing NHL expansion teams in Sodom and Gomorrah soon, I imagine. :sarcasm:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
he's gonna get claimed in a second. a team thats isn't full upfront would be stupid to not give him a shot.

If Scherbak is not claimed i don't know what the GM of bottom feeders are smoking. He might never develop but he is 100% a guy you claim if you are a bottom feeder and have a spot occupied by a jersey filler (most of them have at least one).

Reactions: Runner77

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
So I didnt see the 3rd period.. but its is the tank back on? Are we back to crapping on price after his shutout ? I mean I saw the first two goals and I don't think I could blame him for those. The last 2 I did not see

Last one was a Pacioretty special, the other 3 were tough to stop,its pretty much the only 3 scoring chances he faced all game

Reactions: Tank Toad

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Completely irrelevant to the discussion. Whatever Bergevin got for Pacioretty has zero to do with how this GM conducted himself and the type of message he has sent to UFA players and their agents.

Statsny wanted no part of the shit show produced by Bergevin when the latter made a pitch to Statsny at the opening of this summer's UFA market. And a lot more players will be soliciting Pacioretty's feedback when it comes time for them to shop for a new team. How he's handled Pacioretty sent the wrong message and Montreal already has a lot of shortcomings to deal with as it is when it comes to attracting free agents.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If Scherbak is not claimed i don't know what the GM of bottom feeders are smoking. He might never develop but he is 100% a guy you claim if you are a bottom feeder and have a spot occupied by a jersey filler (most of them have at least one).

First round pick. Young. Skills.

Waive him and he's a goner. No brainer.

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
oh-no-we-suck-again.jpg

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I guess if NHL players who brutalize their partners can have a too-short-to-begin-with suspension reduced, GMs can treat their players like crap. Doesn't seem like there are any ducks in a row at all.

We'll be seeing NHL expansion teams in Sodom and Gomorrah soon, I imagine. :sarcasm:

Just like how Dubas is treating Nylander like crap?

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I forgot how much I actually hate Bishop. Been cheering for him the better part of the last two years since I have him in my keeper.

He's such a little bitch though. Sticking his leg out to get "tripped" and then falling like a ton of bricks. AND THE PENALTY GETS CALLED. Unbelievable.

The refs were bad but the Habs were worse.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Completely irrelevant to the discussion. Whatever Bergevin got for Pacioretty has zero to do with how this GM conducted himself and the type of message he has sent to UFA players and their agents.

Statsny wanted no part of the **** show produced by Bergevin when the latter made a pitch to Statsny at the opening of this summer's UFA market. And a lot more players will be soliciting Pacioretty's feedback when it comes time for them to shop for a new team. How he's handled Pacioretty sent the wrong message and Montreal already has a lot of shortcomings to deal with as it is when it comes to attracting free agents.

I think every player would understand how Bergevin wanted Pacioretty out. Especially those who played against him regularly. I doubt they'd ask Pacio's opinion. Also glad Stastny didn't accept the offer. I don't remind us having made a pitch tho..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad