Post-Game Talk: Habs Fall to Dallas, 4-1 -- Scapegoats wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
He had other offers and at least one was for more money. Conveniently forgetting that?

He was treated like **** by Bergevin as was Markov by the way.
We said we were moving on from Markov. We offered radulov a contract at fair value and as a free agent HE chose to go another way.

I really thought that the one year would buy us a home town discount from a hockey mercenary? Seriously who could have predicted something that well planned out would go south?
It was a complete shock when he failed to negotiate an extension, came out to denounce his ask in the press and then signed with Dallas after mb offered him a contract, no wait he didn't, no wait I'm not sure we will have to ask his agent.

Completely caught me off guard!

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Tatar Domi Gallagher
Drouin Kotkaniemi Armia
Byron Danault Scherbak
Hudon Peca Lehkonen

Reilly Petry
Mete Juulsen
Ouellet Benn

Next game, take out Deslauriers and leave Shaw out. Have Scherbak bring a little more offensive prowess to the lineup.

Also no need to have Alzner in there. I’d rather see the team make mistakes and struggle with the young guys as I believe Alzner isn’t going to bring anything more to the table.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
More money, longer term and longer wait to go FA which he intended to do as soon as he possibly could.

Expecting loyalty from a hockey mercenary is a fools errand. If that's your thing have at it

( And although you didn't say it he was never the Habs best player. The one year he played here ( the quadruple Thomas vanek) patches was better.

Radulov was by far the best forward on the Habs that year. He consistently controlled the play. It wasn't even close.

Bergevin screwed the whole thing by insisting on a single season and followed it up by hurling insults in the media while supposedly trying to re-sign him.

You have some audacity to claim it was somehow Radulov's fault. Alice in Wonderland is more believable than
that.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
you can, they did the exact same thing with Tinordi in his 4th year, he sat for a long time and they finally sent him down on a conditioning stint.

Good to know. Then he should definitely get one. They could use him down there with Grenier down.

Reactions: DAChampion

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Tatar Domi Gallagher
Drouin Kotkaniemi Armia
Byron Danault Scherbak
Hudon Peca Lehkonen

Reilly Petry
Mete Juulsen
Ouellet Benn

Next game, take out Deslauriers and leave Shaw out. Have Scherbak bring a little more offensive prowess to the lineup.

Also no need to have Alzner in there. I’d rather see the team make mistakes and struggle with the young guys as I believe Alzner isn’t going to bring anything more to the table.

Juulsen may still be out due to injury, which is the reason Alzner is in.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
We said we were moving on from Markov. We offered radulov a contract at fair value and as a free agent HE chose to go another way.

I really thought that the one year would buy us a home town discount from a hockey mercenary? Seriously who could have predicted something that well planned out would go south?
It was a complete shock when he failed to negotiate an extension, came out to denounce his ask in the press and then signed with Dallas after mb offered him a contract, no wait he didn't, no wait I'm not sure we will have to ask his agent.

Completely caught me off guard!

Why are you intentionally omitting (or denying) Bergevin's culpability? If I was the owner I'd have fired him on the spot.

You know why UFAs won't touch the Bergevin Habs? Because they and their agents saw on TV what a head case Bergevin is, as well as hearing it from Habs players.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
OR the team that gave him a one year deal when most wouldn't touch him with a 20 foot pole.

Tomato/tomahto

Not true. He had more than the Montreal offer. He chose Montreal otherwise he wouldn't have taken the deal.

Plus, it was a basic deal to prove he belonged, he didn't break the bank.

It was up to MB to sign him and instead of that, he nickel and dimed and then signed the likes of Alzner, Hemsky and Streit and was left with a ton of cap room that he's carried over to this season.

We lost a free premium asset.

Thank goodness, we dodged a bullet. :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Why are you intentionally omitting (or denying) Bergevin's culpability? If I s the owner I'd have fired him on the spot.

You know why UFAs won't touch the Bergevin Habs? Because they and their agents saw on TV what a head case Bergevin is, as well as from Habs players.

Add to that how Bergevin handled Pacioretty over the last year -- it's been a shit show.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
All 3 goals against were just awful plays by us.

First goal both forwards cheat on offense, especially Byron, and Alzner going down to block a shot on a 3 on 1 is just classic Alzner.

Second goal Domi is puck watching and then screens Price. Great shot by the rookie though.

Third goal was painful. Drouin and Lehkonen.... Beautiful backhand by Shore to finish it off.

By far the worst reffed game I've seen this year. Just atrocious.

Count me as a Bishop hater. I hate that big, diving, whiny shithead.

A game where not much went our way and there were more players playing bad than good.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
you can, they did the exact same thing with Tinordi in his 4th year, he sat for a long time and they finally sent him down on a conditioning stint.

Here's the rule under the CBA:

13.8 Conditioning Loan. Unless a Player consents, he shall not be Loaned on a Conditioning Loan to a minor league club. Such Conditioning Loan shall not extend for more than fourteen (14) consecutive days. The Commissioner may take whatever steps he deems necessary to investigate the circumstances under which a Player is Loaned on a Conditioning Loan. If the Commissioner has reason to believe or determines that the Club has used the Conditioning Loan to evade Waivers, or otherwise Circumvent any provision of this Agreement, he may take such disciplinary action against the Club, as he deems appropriate. The Player shall continue, during the period of such Conditioning Loan, to receive the same Paragraph 1 NHL Salary, and be entitled to the same benefits, that he would have received had he continued to play with the Club.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Non sequiturs have now been bunched into the recency bias, short sample size, hot takes on this site.

Always a new way to ramp things up.

Double down like MB, great strategy.

Sounds good I'll let you know when the season has ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad