Post-Game Talk: Habs Fall to Dallas, 4-1 -- Scapegoats wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Radulov was the worst player for the Habs in that game since he's playing for another team.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Not sure why people hate on Radulov. Guy was awesome. C'mon. He was great for us, a stud.

Thing is when MB said those comments it was like days left till free agency. They likely discussed earlier and it didn't work.

We had a contract offer to him and he took same offer he rejected from us elsewhere.

Whatever man. He's allowed to, zero ill will.

I think too much is made about MB saying "If you want loyalty, buy a dog" I mean really, he didn't call the guy a dog. It basically means you can't force humans to do anything, they think for themselves and make their own decisions.

Good for radulov on choosing what he feels is best for him. Nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't want someone blasting me because I choose to work at a different company. It's legal. It's fine.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Can’t win them all.

Radulov is an overhyped puck hog. The most he’s ever scored is 70 points on a stacked offensive team in Dallas. It was a blessing we didn’t sign him, he wasn’t worth it, especially at that ridiculous term.
Look I can kind of get why some people hate him for not signing with us at a discounted price, but the rest of your post is absolute bullshit. He would have had 70 points here too if he didn't have to carry Pacioretty and settle with Danault. 70 points because he was part of that top line, most Stars fans say that he was their best forward as well. Also, while he was injured, Benn and Seguin did f*** all(combined 2 points in 5 games). So don't make it seem like he is just some useless plug that is benefiting from Benn and Seguin, he is an elite player.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Look I can kind of get why some people hate him for not signing with us at a discounted price, but the rest of your post is absolute bull****. He would have had 70 points here too if he didn't have to carry Pacioretty and settle with Danault. 70 points because he was part of that top line, most Stars fans say that he was their best forward as well. Also, while he was injured, Benn and Seguin did **** all(combined 2 points in 5 games). So don't make it seem like he is just some useless plug that is benefiting from Benn and Seguin, he is an elite player.

Both Benn and Seguin are better than Radulov. It’s the only reason he hit 70. He got carried. At best he’s a 50-60 point player. Take your fanboy goggles off. “He would have...”, well guess what, he didn’t! Amazing players make other players around them better. That’s the difference between an elite star forward and Radulov. He’s a complimentary player, that’s all.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Can’t win them all.

Radulov is an overhyped puck hog. The most he’s ever scored is 70 points on a stacked offensive team in Dallas. It was a blessing we didn’t sign him, he wasn’t worth it, especially at that ridiculous term.

Bergevin did right by doing him dirty. Radulov is far from a class act, remember his two stints in Nashville. I doubt he finishes his contract in Dallas, he’ll bolt back to Russia the moment his minutes start diminishing as he becomes older and less releveant.

Radulov did 58 points as a 21 years old. That's better than both Domi and Drouin.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Radulov did 58 points as a 21 years old. That's better than both Domi and Drouin.

58 points in the NHL is an amazing feat. It’s good, but it’s no where near being elite as you suggest...

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Both Benn and Seguin are better than Radulov. It’s the only reason he hit 70. He got carried. At best he’s a 50-60 point player. Take your fanboy goggles off.
Benn and Seguin were putrid without Radulov. Radulov makes them better and they make him better. Start seeing reality that Radulov is more than a "50-60 point player". Not his fault that he had to carry that lazy streaky bum who would only score once in a while and a 3rd line center who killed most of his offensive chances that he created.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Benn and Seguin were putrid without Radulov. Radulov makes them better and they make him better. Start seeing reality that Radulov is more than a "50-60 point player". Not his fault that he had to carry that lazy streaky bum who would only score once in a while and a 3rd line center who killed most of his offensive chances that he created.

Love is blind as they say. You really don’t know what you’re saying...

They were so putrid that each of them both had more points than Radulov. You can stop trolling now...

Benn: 79 pts
Seguin:78 pts
Radulov:72 pts

I’m no fan of Pacioretty but he actually produced 30 goal seasons with Desharnais.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Meh, not a fan of the pacioretty bashing either. Radulov and Max are both good players. Shit happens.

Reactions: Runner77

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Yup and I can dislike them for that reason.

What is everyone’s obsession over him? He was here one season.
7 points in 6 games of the playoffs, was an over 6 foot version of gally. Managed over 70 points last season, when did we last see a player do that for the habs? Those might be the reasons why. Didn't see him glide, was great on the back check. Guy was awesome to watch play, and had high skill level.

Reactions: Runner77

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
lol if Radulov is more of a 60 points player with all that he brings on the ice that's not exactly a good argument for not giving him that contract. You pay guys like that a lot faster than you pay Shaws

Apparently the story is we did, he rejected it and said no thanks. MB shaved a year off and Radulov took that exact original deal we gave and signed with Dallas for it.

So he kind of did get offered that deal but I guess he was looking for more? I don't know. Who cares.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Love is blind as they say.

They were so putrid that each of them both had more points than Radulov. You can stop trolling now...
Please get your facts straight. Radulov actually has more points than Benn this season and Seguin has 1 more point in 4 more games.
You can stop acting like Radulov is some random bum. He is an elite player and would EASILY be our best forward right now.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Why are you intentionally omitting (or denying) Bergevin's culpability? If I was the owner I'd have fired him on the spot.

You know why UFAs won't touch the Bergevin Habs? Because they and their agents saw on TV what a head case Bergevin is, as well as hearing it from Habs players.

The idea was that they decided to move on from Markov. Conflating or equating how they dealt with Markov and radulov is unsupportable.

Markov deserved some loyalty and gratitude and he WAS treated poorly.

What happened to radulov? We offered him fair market value and he decided to sign with Dallas.

A guy who was going to go FA as soon as he signed, does.

Oooooooh the horrors! How unfairit was, couldn't he invoke the geneva convention. He wasn't interested in staying unless we overpaid and gave him way too much term ( where the deal that he signed was remarkably similar to the leaked one he staunchly and emphatically denied.

I mean if you can't take a guy like Radulov at his word, what is the world coming to?

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
Apparently the story is we did, he rejected it and said no thanks. MB shaved a year off and Radulov took that exact original deal we gave and signed with Dallas for it.

So he kind of did get offered that deal but I guess he was looking for more? I don't know. Who cares.

Well considering we do need skill on this team yes I do care

Even if you overpay by like two millions, to quote, who cares. It's not that big of a deal and doesn't cripple the team

Reactions: Doc McKenna

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Radulov always showed up while Pacioretty was crazy streaky. It took Radulov to get Pacioretty his 30 goals or else he probably ends up in mid to low 20s. Good players, but one is clearly better.

Max had same amount of goals, maybe more without Radulov.

Radulov did help him a lot but I think it goes both ways.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Please get your facts straight. Radulov actually has more points than Benn this season and Seguin has 1 more point in 4 more games.
You can stop acting like Radulov is some random bum. He is an elite player and would EASILY be our best forward right now.

You talked about last season, so I dished you the facts, which you completely avoided cause you knew you were wrong, and now you’re trying to cherry pick the first 10 games of the season as if it means something (when it doesn’t). Talk to me at the end of the season.

Radulov is good complementary player, I’ll give him that. On Dallas he produced 70 points whilst being carried by two stars. In Montreal he’d be good for about 50-60 points, similar to Gallagher.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Can’t win them all.

Bergevin did right by doing him dirty. Radulov is far from a class act, remember his two stints in Nashville. I doubt he finishes his contract in Dallas, he’ll bolt back to Russia the moment his minutes start diminishing as he becomes older and less releveant.

lmfao are you f***ing serious with this? Really? The salt is real in this thread. Jesus.

A 70 point player isnt worth his reasonable contract? He was our best forward when he was here and would still be our best forward today.

Bergevin is now getting praise for letting his best forward walk for absolutely nothing and then going on to have one of the worst seasons in franchise history. Okay, I've heard it all now.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Love is blind as they say. You really don’t know what you’re saying...

Benn: 79 pts
Seguin:78 pts
Radulov:72 pts

I’m no fan of Pacioretty but he actually produced 30 goal seasons with Desharnais.
Malkin 98 points
Kessel 92 points
Crosby 89 points

I guess Crosby is leeching too ?

You act like Seguin is McDavid and Radulov is RNH....

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
lmfao are you ****ing serious with this? Really? The salt is real in this thread. Jesus.

A 70 point player isnt worth his reasonable contract? He was out best forward when he was here and would still be our best forward today.

Bergevin is now getting praise for letting his best forward walk for absolutely nothing and then going on to have one of the worst seasons in franchise history. Okay, I've heard it all now.

Don't think he's a 70 point guy if he's a normal line that isn't with 2 franchise guys but man was he an asset. Even 60 points, why not?

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
lmfao are you ****ing serious with this? Really? The salt is real in this thread. Jesus.

A 70 point player isnt worth his reasonable contract? He was out best forward when he was here and would still be our best forward today.

70 points in Dallas, getting carried by two star forwards.

He’d be good for 55 points here.

The salt is real for you, you’re mad we didn’t sign him. I was happy we didn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce