Post-Game Talk: Habs Fall to Dallas, 4-1 -- Scapegoats wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Because if he didn't breach with us, then him breaching with Nashville ( let me get my best Kermit voice as I sip tea) " but that's none of our business"

I believe in second chances. I think Radulov has not perpetrated anything to be criticized for since his return. I doubt most people think that a UFA looking for the best deal in the best environment is anything but business as usual in the NHL, and not remarkable in any way.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I believe in second chances. I think Radulov has not perpetrated anything to be criticized for since his return. I doubt most people think that a UFA looking for the best deal in the best environment is anything but business as usual in the NHL, and not remarkable in any way.
so him lying to the press about his contract demands and then lying his ASS off as soon as he became a dallas star, we sweep that unnder the rug ?

What precisely had he done to get the benefit of the doubt ? What ?
and before we cannonize him lets see what happens if things go south in dallas, because based on his tenure in nashville, his penchant for lying in montreal I have a pretty good idea of how it plays out.

you want a second chance ? it has to be earned not given.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I've read so many dumb comments and dumb ideas on the internet.

But the idea that we should hate players who want to get paid is among the most ridiculous.

"Radulov went for the money -- that makes him evil !!!!"

Just WTF.

John Tavares comes home to Toronto and we see pics of him as a kid in his Leaf Pajamas. The man is a Canadian hero lol but Rads is an evil Russian mercenary. Stay beautiful internet.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
John Tavares comes home to Toronto and we see pics of him as a kid in his Leaf Pajamas. The man is a Canadian hero lol but Rads is an evil Russian mercenary. Stay beautiful internet.
Tavares wasn't contractually obligated to any team so therefore he didn't act like his word was worth crap.

Radulov on the other hand........

And if Dallas decides that old man radulov isn't worth it, you know what I would like to see? Dallas unilaterally deciding that THEY are not beholden to the terms of a contract they signed.

But they won't becuase the PA will back radulov.

I'm not sure if it's a Russian thing to willingly enter into a contract with well defined terms but then at the prospect of something better simply ignore your previous obligations.

It must be nice to enter into a contract knowing you can walk out at any time, but the other side can't.

Nice indeed.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Tavares wasn't contractually obligated to any team so therefore he didn't act like his word was worth crap.

And if Dallas decides that old man radulov isn't worth it, you know what I would like to see? Dallas unilaterally deciding that THEY are not beholden to the terms of a contract they signed.

I'm not sure if it's a Russian thing to willingly enter into a contract with well defined terms but then at the prospect of something better simply ignore your previous obligations.

It must be nice to enter into a contract knowing you can walk out at any time, but the other side can't.

Nice indeed.
Wow dude, I usually like reading your posts but our conversation here is over.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
so him lying to the press about his contract demands and then lying his ASS off as soon as he became a dallas star, we sweep that unnder the rug ?

What precisely had he done to get the benefit of the doubt ? What ?
and before we cannonize him lets see what happens if things go south in dallas, because based on his tenure in nashville, his penchant for lying in montreal I have a pretty good idea of how it plays out.

you want a second chance ? it has to be earned not given.

I doubt Radulov was actually lying. I just think he left the negotiations in the hands of his agent as he should have done. If he was off in his recollection of a particular offer or ask, who really gives a ****?

You're looking to demonize him, and are grasping at straws at this point. I don't believe Bergevin has offered much honesty in his pressers, but we don't see you calling him a liar and raking him over the coals.

If you're really offended by that behavior, you should try to be more consistent about it.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Wow dude, I usually like reading your posts but our conversation here is over.
John tavares Ufa signs with the leafs. He was NOT under contract

Radulov WAS under contract with the preds and left to go play in the khl. Came back played a handful of games to satisfy the yashin rule while leaving the preds holding the bag.

He willingly and willfully refused to honor the terms of the contract he signed.

If a man is only as good as his word, what does that make radulov?

That's rhetorical, everyone knows what it makes radulov.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I doubt Radulov was actually lying. I just think he left the negotiations in the hands of his agent as he should have done. If he was off in his recollection of a particular offer or ask, who really gives a ****?

You're looking to demonize him, and are grasping at straws at this point. I don't believe Bergevin has offered much honesty in his pressers, but we don't see you calling him a liar and raking him over the coals.

If you're really offended by that behavior, you should try to be more consistent about it.
When his reported ask came out in the press, he could have done what you said , say " I let my agent deal with it". But that is NOT what he did. He denied that was his ask and said that it was entirely made up.

Then when he signed with the stars he said the Habs 1) didn't make an offer, 2) did make an offer and 3) he really didn't know if they made an offer and that he would have to check with his agent.

1-2-3 happened in the span of about 15 minutes.

If that isn't lying you too could grow up to be president.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

what's surprising is that you seemingly don't have any problem with a guy unilaterally deciding that the terms of his contract no longer applied to him, because he did it to someone else. The PA had faught tooth and nail for guaranteed contracts, the players know that this isnt the NFL where a team can look at the cost benefit ratio and cut you lose.

well, to be fair, I guess its really only most players know about guaranteed contracts.

fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me. fool me three times, play wing for the dallas stars.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Nice indeed.

Within the real world, employees often walk away from contracts. It's a normal and common thing.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Owners are the greedy ones, Radulov had every right to seek as much money as he could. I will always be a huge fan!
he had every right to unilaterally void his contract ?

Do the owners have this same right ? Can the habs say, crap that alzner contract is really killing us. we could do so much better, so lets just tell karl that we no longer intend to honor the terms of that contract and we wish him the best in his future endeavors, but ne needs to clean out his locker and we need his game jersey ( but we will sell it bacl to hiom at a 10% discount)

if you are not under contract, get as much money as you can. if you sign a contract ( and what comes next is going to shock some people, so you might want to take a seat) then honor the freaking terms of it.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Within the real world, employees often walk away from contracts. It's a normal and common thing.
the real world isn't governed by a cba. players, lots of players benefit from guaranteed contracts. tons of players get paid, and paid well, well past their primes. some players are payed their contracts and then get bought out and sign another contract.

If players can decide to not honor their contracts, then the only fair thing is that the owners get top as well and guaranteed contracts go poof. you think this is good for the league ?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
the real world isn't governed by a cba. players, lots of players benefit from guaranteed contracts. tons of players get paid, and paid well, well past their primes. some players are payed their contracts and then get bought out and sign another contract.

If players can decide to not honor their contracts, then the only fair thing is that the owners get top as well and guaranteed contracts go poof. you think this is good for the league ?

Literally none of your arguments make any sense, your post is embarrassing.

First of all, the CBA is an arbitrary legal and social construct. It does not come from God or "morality", it comes from negotiations.

Second, players leave contracts all of the time. If they retire, or go do something else in the case of Radulov, they are no longer beholden to the CBA. The CBA means that a team owns a player's right in the NHL during the contract. It doesn't mean that the players are slaves.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
John tavares Ufa signs with the leafs. He was NOT under contract

Radulov WAS under contract with the preds and left to go play in the khl. Came back played a handful of games to satisfy the yashin rule while leaving the preds holding the bag.

He willingly and willfully refused to honor the terms of the contract he signed.

If a man is only as good as his word, what does that make radulov?

That's rhetorical, everyone knows what it makes radulov.
Radulov was a free agent with us and I don't know why you are going back to his time with the preds, he honoured the terms of his contract with us and became a UFA and that is my focus of this discussion. Read what DA Champion is telling you, he can word it much better than I ever could.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
When his reported ask came out in the press, he could have done what you said , say " I let my agent deal with it". But that is NOT what he did. He denied that was his ask and said that it was entirely made up.

Then when he signed with the stars he said the Habs 1) didn't make an offer, 2) did make an offer and 3) he really didn't know if they made an offer and that he would have to check with his agent.

1-2-3 happened in the span of about 15 minutes.

If that isn't lying you too could grow up to be president.

Like I said, even if he was intentionally lying, which I doubt, why are you making such a fuss over it? GMs are notorious for playing with truth.

Radulov made some mistakes in the past. Get over it. He's obviously not the same person today.

We've all been let off the hook for a past transgression - likely you as well. I learned to put things behind me and give others the same opportunity for some sort of redemption. It feels good.

Reactions: BigM2 and the

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Like I said, even if he was intentionally lying, which I doubt, why are you making such a fuss over it? GMs are notorious for playing with truth.

Radulov made some mistakes in the past. Get over it. He's obviously not the same person today.

We've all been let off the hook for a past transgression - likely you as well. I learned to put things behind me and give others the same opportunity for some sort of redemption. It feels good.

I am making a big fuss about it because his history with the preds demonstrates that at that time in his life, he was not trustworthy. Then when he came to the habs, he did NOTHING to negate that narrative and actually made it WORSE by repeatedly saying things and immediately changing his story.

Yeah " he's obviously not the same person today" ? based on what ? that its going well in dallas and hes playinhg with good linemates ? Its EASY to be loyal when things are going great.

People should be given a second chance when they show contrition and make amends. What he did was, undoubtedly, wrong. Has he EVER taken responsibility for it ?

With enablers like you, he hasn't and he likely never will.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Radulov was a free agent with us and I don't know why you are going back to his time with the preds, he honoured the terms of his contract with us and became a UFA and that is my focus of this discussion. Read what DA Champion is telling you, he can word it much better than I ever could.

I have no problem with him chosing dallas, he was a UFA ( which was his intent all along) and HE gets to chose where he went. that's his perogative. If he said he loved his time in montreal but thathe's getting up there in age and that when presented with the opportunity to play with the likes of seguin and benn that he thinks that this is his best chance of success, no one says peep.

but he didnt say that, did he ? People don't begrudge tavares going to the leafs, or getting paid. He said that the habs never offered him anything and then immediately said every other possibile combination of invented scenarios.

it must be weird to life in cirlces where someone can betray a trust, do nothing about it show no contrition, and then pretend that because the jersey he wore was a different color when he stuck it to another team, that its the exact same thing as it never happened.

yeah, he fulfilled the terms of his one year deal in montreal, then lied repeatedly as he was walking out the door.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I am making a big fuss about it because his history with the preds demonstrates that at that time in his life, he was not trustworthy. Then when he came to the habs, he did NOTHING to negate that narrative and actually made it WORSE by repeatedly saying things and immediately changing his story.

Yeah " he's obviously not the same person today" ? based on what ? that its going well in dallas and hes playinhg with good linemates ? Its EASY to be loyal when things are going great.

People should be given a second chance when they show contrition and make amends. What he did was, undoubtedly, wrong. Has he EVER taken responsibility for it ?

I would throw Bergevin out on the street for the way he handled Markov alone. A player who meant more and was a bigger part of the Canadiens organization than Bergevin is, or will ever be.

Rads chose to go else where. Cant say I blame him. He had options because he is a damn good hockey player.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I have no problem with him chosing dallas, he was a UFA ( which was his intent all along) and HE gets to chose where he went. that's his perogative. If he said he loved his time in montreal but thathe's getting up there in age and that when presented with the opportunity to play with the likes of seguin and benn that he thinks that this is his best chance of success, no one says peep.

but he didnt say that, did he ? People don't begrudge tavares going to the leafs, or getting paid. He said that the habs never offered him anything and then immediately said every other possibile combination of invented scenarios.

it must be weird to life in cirlces where someone can betray a trust, do nothing about it show no contrition, and then pretend that because the jersey he wore was a different color when he stuck it to another team, that its the exact same thing as it never happened.

yeah, he fulfilled the terms of his one year deal in montreal, then lied repeatedly as he was walking out the door.
I don't see it that way at all but theres not much point going back and forth here.

Reactions: PaulD and Tyson

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Neither you nor I nor anyone else has any idea whether he's tried to make amends. Stop pretending we do.

You are demonizing him, and it
appears that you're doing it because you think it let's Bergevin off the hook for being a totally inept dick publically during the CF some are calling an actual negotiation.

I'm not enabling anything. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt based on his behavior. You're shouting from an incongruous and fictitious pulpit.

The reason he's not a Hab
today is because Bergevin royally screwed the pooch by flexing his metaphorical biceps instead of doing his job. Intimidation is the last bastion of the inconpetent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad