Post-Game Talk: Habs Fall to Dallas, 4-1 -- Scapegoats wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
MTL played well 5 on 5. Lack of composure and discipline along with mental mistakes were the downfall.

The salt here tho I will leave it at that. It feels like it could be one of those nites here on HF
The inconsistent reefing didn't help but our lack of composure is a symptom of the fact that we are a young team and as a result are bound to lose our composure a bit. That doesn't make it okay but it will happen.

5 on 5 I agree that we played well, ultimately our special teams didn't do well and we couldn't burry on grade A chances. Time to dissect the game, make adjustments and move on.

Reactions: Archijerej

mitchmagic

Apr 25, 2006
Montreal, Qc
www.typeonefilms.com
Yeah Alzner was terrible today. The refs were even worse. Terrible calls all night.

Lekhonen's attempt on the penalty shot was weak.

Our power play was... terrible. Kotkaniemi is clearly the most creative player on the ice, put him on the #1 PP. He only gets like 30 seconds of PP time and it's not helping us at all. Switch him with Tatar.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I thought Hudon was one of our best players, good game from him. Armia perhaps his best game as a Hab. Hope Byron isn't out too long. I didn't think Kotka was good at all, he hasn't played that well imo aside from a game or two.

Seeing Drouin flying around this season makes me wonder who the f*** had the bright idea that he should be a center, he looks so much better on the wing. I guess it was the same person that thought hiring a guy with zero games of experience as a head coach would be a good idea for our AHL team only to re-sign him twice despite the team being total shit for 6 years and a defensive game that reminded me a play like your hair is on fire in your own end kind of style.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I thought Hudon was one of our best players, good game from him. Armia perhaps his best game as a Hab. Hope Byron isn't out too long. I didn't think Kotka was good at all, he hasn't played that well imo aside from a game or two.

Seeing Drouin flying around this season makes me wonder who the **** had the bright idea that he should be a center, he looks so much better on the wing. I guess it was the same person that thought hiring a guy with zero games of experience as a head coach would be a good idea for our AHL team only to re-sign him twice despite the team being total **** for 6 years and a defensive game that reminded me a play like your hair is on fire in your own end kind of style.

was gonna say that, Hudon was by far our best player on the ice.

Reactions: montreal

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
He had other offers and at least one was for more money. Conveniently forgetting that?

He was treated like **** by Bergevin as was Markov by the way.
More money, longer term and longer wait to go FA which he intended to do as soon as he possibly could.

Expecting loyalty from a hockey mercenary is a fools errand. If that's your thing have at it

( And although you didn't say it he was never the Habs best player. The one year he played here ( the quadruple Thomas vanek) patches was better.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Seeing Drouin flying around this season makes me wonder who the **** had the bright idea that he should be a center, he looks so much better on the wing. I guess it was the same person that thought hiring a guy with zero games of experience as a head coach would be a good idea for our AHL team only to re-sign him twice despite the team being total **** for 6 years and a defensive game that reminded me a play like your hair is on fire in your own end kind of style.

I always liked Hudon. I'm happy he's getting a shot.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
he cant be claimend if they send him on a conditionment stint... thinks it's max 2 weeks
didn't even know you could do that, if so don't you have to come back from an injury for that? if not i don't get why they haven't done that yet...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Also nice to see Tatar get a point, his first in 5 games, there was some major hot takes when he had 7 pts in 3 games but then he kind of disappeared, still hoping to see him put up some good numbers and get traded. I want an extra 1st so badly since we didn't have one last year.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
didn't even know you could do that, if so don't you have to come back from an injury for that? if not i don't get why they haven't done that yet...
think you have to ask the player if he's willing to do so. But yeah if a player haven't played in a while, you can send him to the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad