Post-Game Talk: Habs Fall to Dallas, 4-1 -- Scapegoats wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just like how Dubas is treating Nylander like crap?

That's not what is at issue in terms of the point I initially raised:

It's this:

Marc De Foy of JdM had reported how Marc Bergevin had ignored Pacioretty for months:

"It is said that Bergevin makes life particularly hard for players who have difficulty on the ice," De Foy reports, as translated from French. "It goes so far as to say that he makes it a personal affair. He ignored Pacioretty for months last season. Yet he is his captain and one of his team's deans in terms of years of service."

Of course, when we think of saga behind the scenes in Montreal, the names of veteran players like Andrei Markov and P.K. Subban come to mind. Subban was reportedly traded because of a dressing room issue, and Markov approached the Canadiens to return last November and was disrespected by his former club and its GM.

Stastny spills the beans on Habs' messy situation and why he signed elsewhere!

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think every player would understand how Bergevin wanted Pacioretty out. Especially those who played against him regularly. I doubt they'd ask Pacio's opinion. Also glad Stastny didn't accept the offer. I don't remind us having made a pitch tho..

Players talk. And Pacioretty has plenty to say. Stastny solicited Pacioretty's advice when Bergevin pitched him an offer as soon as the UFA market opened. What do you think Pacioretty told him?

I just posted what it is about Bergevin that adds another layer of difficulty when the Habs are being considered as a possible destination for a UFA.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Players talk. And Pacioretty has plenty to say. Stastny solicited Pacioretty's advice when Bergevin pitched him an offer as soon as the UFA market opened. What do you think Pacioretty told him?

I just posted what it is about Bergevin that adds another layer of difficulty when the Habs are being considered as a possible destination for a UFA.

Pacioretty told him , dont join us im invisible on the ice and i cant shoot properly and always aim for the chest.
dont pass to me

-Pacio

Reactions: Runner77

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012

Interesting.. in this case he will have to make sure to treat his current player well so they can attract others. We can't afford to minimise our chance on the UFA market. If it doesn't get any better, Molson has to put his foot down

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Pacioretty told him , dont join us im invisible on the ice and i cant shoot properly and always aim for the chest.
dont pass to me

-Pacio

I can't deny that he might have told him that, on top of everything else. :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Interesting.. in this case he will have to make sure to treat his current player well so they can attract others. We can't afford to minimise our chance on the UFA market. If it doesn't get any better, Molson has to put his foot down

Unfortunately for Montreal, we have the trifecta of obstacles to contend with: Taxes, Fishbowl and Weather. We can't compete with places like Texas where the tax hit is much lower, where a player is not going to be hounded everywhere he goes and where the weather is more pleasant.

Given the foregoing, the GM can't afford to come across as someone who practices vendettas as a means of intimidating players he's not happy with at any given time.

Reactions: Acadien86

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I was thinking of Bergevin. I haven't heard of anything like that applicable to Dubas.

Did Dubas say on TSN that Nylander is a dog and it's first come first served for a contract between him and one of his friends and teammates?

That dog thing is way overblown. He never said Radulov was a dog.. From what i've heard, the amount he offered Nylander was ridiculous. Dubas will have some tough decision to make in the next year and this is when GMs feelings are out the door.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Unfortunately for Montreal, we have the trifecta of obstacles to contend with: Taxes, Fishbowl and Weather. We can't compete with places like Texas where the tax hit is much lower, where a player is not going to be hounded everywhere he goes and where the weather is more pleasant.

Given the foregoing, the GM can't afford to come across as someone who practices vendettas as a means of intimidating players he's not happy with at any given time.

Agreed!

Reactions: Runner77

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
He had other offers and at least one was for more money. Conveniently forgetting that?

He was treated like **** by Bergevin as was Markov by the way.

I’m too drunk to argue tonight but I wanted to thank you for these post, you wrote exactly what I was thinking.

Radulov was by far the best forward on the Habs that year. He consistently controlled the play. It wasn't even close.

Bergevin screwed the whole thing by insisting on a single season and followed it up by hurling insults in the media while supposedly trying to re-sign him.

You have some audacity to claim it was somehow Radulov's fault. Alice in Wonderland is more believable than
that.

This!! 100x this

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Not true. He had more than the Montreal offer. He chose Montreal otherwise he wouldn't have taken the deal.

Plus, it was a basic deal to prove he belonged, he didn't break the bank.

It was up to MB to sign him and instead of that, he nickel and dimed and then signed the likes of Alzner, Hemsky and Streit and was left with a ton of cap room that he's carried over to this season.

We lost a free premium asset.

Thank goodness, we dodged a bullet. :sarcasm:

These post dissing Radulov pissed me off but this is a great reply! Exactly what I was thinking also.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
That dog thing is way overblown. He never said Radulov was a dog.. From what i've heard, the amount he offered Nylander was ridiculous. Dubas will have some tough decision to make in the next year and this is when GMs feelings are out the door.

Yes, you're right. It's a joke now. What Bergevin actual did do was use a dog as an analogy to call Radulov disloyal. In the press. With a snarl. While trying to sign him!

I don't feel bad for Dubas. The Leafs have through skill and a great deal of luck have got a fantastic offensive roster. It's tough to squeeze so many elite players in under a cap and it'll be a challenge to do so.

I guess they'll have to carry more entry level contracts to balance. I figure Nylander will agree to a lucrative bridge in the meantime.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Can’t win them all.

Radulov is an overhyped puck hog. The most he’s ever scored is 70 points on a stacked offensive team in Dallas. It was a blessing we didn’t sign him, he wasn’t worth it, especially at that ridiculous term.

Bergevin did right by doing him dirty. Radulov is far from a class act, remember his two stints in Nashville. I doubt he finishes his contract in Dallas, he’ll bolt back to Russia the moment his minutes start diminishing as he becomes older and less releveant.

Last edited:

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Yes, you're right. It's a joke now. What Bergevin actual did do was use a dog as an analogy to call Radulov disloyal. In the press. With a snarl. While trying to sign him!

I don't feel bad for Dubas. The Leafs have through skill and a great deal of luck have got a fantastic offensive roster. It's tough to squeeze so many elite players in under a cap and it'll be a challenge to do so.

I guess they'll have to carry more entry level contracts to balance. I figure Nylander will agree to a lucrative bridge in the meantime.

Well, i think you are wrong there, he answered the question of a reporter that ask him if he was deceive that Radulov didnt show loyalty by signing with Dallas.....it was the presser after Radulov had sign with Dallas

To me he was more like defending Radulov with this answer.....but hey i could be wrong

edit.....The exact answer was ''if you want loyalty....buy a dog''

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Personally i would try to trade Nylander for a dman. They have a great duo a centers. They already have a very good winger in Marner and Kapanen is looking good. With centers like Tavares and Matthews you can fill the wings with cheaper wingers than Nylander and still score many goals. I feel like they need a dman more than they need Nylander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad