Post-Game Talk: Habs come back to beat Sens, 8pts ahead of Cgy, 2 back of Wpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Had to watch OT again. Lotsa credit to Jake Evans. Broke up a pass at the Habs' blueline to gain possession, pushed the play and when it didn't work he gave up the puck to Petry and the rest is history. Smart shift by the kid. Petry with the kids was fun to watch.

akratique

Aug 17, 2008
Petry.jpg

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
The team is so much better without Shea.Good guy and tries hard but there's a lot of mileage on that body. Imagine getting a guy like Hamilton to replace him next season? We can dream anyway.

That team is so much better without Shea playing 25 a night and 1st PP, he could be an upgrade on Merill or Kulak on the 3rd pairing playing 15-17/game. The problem is Montreal respect the veteran players way too much and give them undeserved ice time pretty much till they retired!!

Reactions: Paddy17

Prendan Brust

Jul 31, 2003
Québec
That team is so much better without Shea playing 25 a night and 1st PP, he could be an upgrade on Merill or Kulak on the 3rd pairing playing 15-17/game. The problem is Montreal respect the veteran players way too much and give them undeserved ice time pretty much till they retired!!
Agreed, his absence has made obvious he’s a detriment to the team right now. I wouldn’t reintegrate him unless he’s fully healed. And even then, he might not be able to offer much. Unfortunately, I suspect he’s washed up.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think it was a veteran play alright, but does waving it off mean that a D man can bump a forward into a goalie from outside the crease into it and the goal is overturned.

100% - at least - chance of that goal standing if it's Matthews shooting and Simmonds screening.

People are claiming Perry had a skate in the blue. It didn't start out that way.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Great comeback. Looks like Petry and Suzuki, when they join Toffoli and Anderson, are essential for this team's success. Who knew?

First and second period were duds without scoring chances. The best players showed up in the third.

On a sidenote, some players should get higher on the depth chart, like Evans over Danault.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Great comeback. Looks like Petry and Suzuki, when they join Toffoli and Anderson, are essential for this team's success. Who knew?

First and second period were duds without scoring chances. The best players showed up in the third.

On a sidenote, some players should get higher on the depth chart, like Evans over Danault.
Our coaches and organization for that matter, have a real tough time admitting that kids deserve more playing time over Vets like Danault, Weber etc
They wonder why this team can't create any consistency? The deployment of TOI is embarrassing some nights...we just don't seem to understand it's the kids, not the vets who will win games for us. The vets are needed, but in a reduced role...it has to be seen for what it is. The good teams have unleashed their skilled players.

Reactions: Rapala

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We can only hope this continues...he did seem to hit a wall about a month ago.....but now, just amazing.
Let the kids play Dom!!
Feel bad for Anderson, his game is gone now that he has Phil as his C.
Hopefully we ge this stuff right, come playoffs....Gally and Tatar back with Phil.

Anderson has points in 1 if his last 9 games. And that game, he had 2 goals playing with Tatar and Danault. He hasn't been playing with Phil all 9 games, and when he has Tatar's been injured as nd out for many of them.

Also, it's the 2nd time this year he's had points in only 1 game of a 9 game stretch.

But if he's going to play with Phil, the need an offensive player likexTatar on the other wing - and not a center who's awkward on the wing.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Anderson has points in 1 if his last 9 games. And that game, he had 2 goals playing with Tatar and Danault. He hasn't been playing with Phil all 9 games, and when he has Tatar's been injured as nd out for many of them.

Also, it's the 2nd time this year he's had points in only 1 game of a 9 game stretch.

But if he's going to play with Phil, the need an offensive player likexTatar on the other wing - and not a center who's awkward on the wing.
He is in a funk for sure...needs a line change for sure.....but using him with a checking centre, makes no sense to me....we need him scoring, he has had a pretty good season, but they need more.

Fenwick McCorsi

Not impress.
Mar 3, 2013
Montreal, QC
My friend came over with about 12 left in the 3rd for our crappy movie night. I was right surprised to check the score an hour later and see an OT win, wow.

Way to go Caufield! Now I wonder: when the playoffs hit will the vets be ready and will what's working be sacrificed for reputation and experience? Going to be interesting.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Agreed, his absence has made obvious he’s a detriment to the team right now. I wouldn’t reintegrate him unless he’s fully healed. And even then, he might not be able to offer much. Unfortunately, I suspect he’s washed up.

He’s a detriment because of the way he is used. He’s pretty much the same age as Perry and Staal who used to be dominant players in the league and are now 4th liners, you have to adjust and play Weber 17-18mins a night mainly on the 3rd pairing and he’s gonna be alright

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Petry carried this win on his back, you could see from his first goal he was determined to get us get back in the game. TT was impressive snagging those pucks in mid air and of course CC, happy for the kid, he's living the dream.

Reactions: Runner77

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
when's the last time an OT win against one of the worst teams in the league felt this good lmao...

excitement comes from having hope and something fun to watch, hopefully next GM gets that and we see a few years of letting the kids shine instead of burrying them down the depth chart with bargainbin additions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad