Post-Game Talk: Habs come back to beat Sens, 8pts ahead of Cgy, 2 back of Wpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I invite you to look at Price’s regular season stats last year and then his play off numbers. Price does suck right now, no arguing that, but he has shown that he always elevates his game during big games. If he’s healthy, he’s the goalie you go with, no questions asked.

A hot Allen might win you a game we don’t deserve to win but a hot Price will win us a series we don’t deserve to win.
Well Price has never led the team anywhere even in his prime (I know it's everyone else's fault).

But Price is not in his prime and his playoff bubble performance was an aberration.

Reactions: dnl4ever

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
You go out of your way to rip him in threads that have nothing to do with him. Don't want to call it "hate"... call it what you will.

You're sitting here trying to argue that we'd be better off with Jake Allen. That alone tells us all you need to know here.
I am telling you we'd be better off with Allen. Price looks done. Last couple of appearances he went out first with some sort of undisclosed injury and then a guy bumps him and he's out again. Besides his awful numbers what makes you think he can just hit a button and play great.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Been watching the highlights from Caufields goal over and over all day. Already looking forward to the next one

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I am telling you we'd be better off with Allen. Price looks done. Last couple of appearances he went out first with some sort of undisclosed injury and then a guy bumps him and he's out again. Besides his awful numbers what makes you think he can just hit a button and play great.

How have Allen’s stats looked since taking over during the Price injury? I know you’re a stat watcher, I like to use my eyes and he doesn’t pass that test right now either. You would think after what happened with Niemi and Lindgren just in the last several years that fans would stop drinking the koolaid when a goalie comes in and gets off to a hot short lived start. Allen isn’t a starting goalie but you seem to be hell bent on the idea that he is. Either that or you just want to use him as a weapon to make Price out to be worse then he is. Right now, I can tell you Jake Allen isn’t doing you any favours.

Reactions: salbutera

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Oh you predict the future, Thanks.

Reactions: azcanuck

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
How have Allen’s stats looked since taking over during the Price injury? I know you’re a stat watcher, I like to use my eyes and he doesn’t pass that test right now either. You would think after what happened with Niemi and Lindgren just in the last several years that fans would stop drinking the koolaid when a goalie comes in and gets off to a hot short lived start. Allen isn’t a starting goalie but you seem to be hell bent on the idea that he is. Either that or you just want to use him as a weapon to make Price out to be worse then he is. Right now, I can tell you Jake Allen isn’t doing you any favours.
I have been surprised he hasnt been better you're correct. He doesnt pass any test , stats or my eyeball. But he's still better than Price. Anybody who's been honest can see Price is pure garbage. Add in now you bump him in the crease and he's out long term. Previous to that he has some sort of body injury (chronic issue?). So I cant see Price just hitting some sort of reset button like all his fans think he will.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK

I hate to say it, but I think we're past the point of just giving Price a get out of jail free card "because he steps up in the playoffs". He's used up his credit as far as I'm concerned and, for his cap hit, he's going to have to consistently play at a genuine league top 10 goalie level from here on in. If he's not 100% healthy, he doesn't play.

(For $10.5m, I think I'm being really fair to him by setting the performance bar at a top 10 goalie.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad