Post-Game Talk: Habs come back to beat Sens, 8pts ahead of Cgy, 2 back of Wpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Someone on another forum managed to freeze-frame the perfect image from Caufield's goal celly, in order to generate ... Troll Caufield.

LWyucPX.png

Where's Moen in Glory when you need him. We need that troll face on him right now!

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Great to win. Three things though : please put a quick skater PMD with Chiarot, the lat two games should have proven that this Weber Chiarot pairing indeed is a problem. Centre coverage on both OTT goals is bad. NHL must clear the goalie interference rule because Gustafsson was really at the edge of the blue paint and Zub prevented Perry to get out of the way.

Also, Habs need to improve their shooting skills ( esp KK Anderson Danault)

Chiarot Romanov isn't an answer either.

We wanted the chiarot we saw from last year, but we are getting the chiarot that we were warned about at the time of the signing.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Chiarot Romanov isn't an answer either.

We wanted the chiarot we saw from last year, but we are getting the chiarot that we were warned about at the time of the signing.

I am not sure I got the hype from last year. In my opinion he was true to what he always had been, a good 5/6 physical shutdown D with no offensive output and no transition game (and limited speed). MTL was really bad last year, maybe his performance was highlighted because everything else was so bad...

MON4NHLTOR4MLB

Oct 3, 2019
Now what do you do when everyone’s healthy? Personally I’d rather have CC in the lineup come playoff time than Dru and Byron. Obvs Tatar and Gallagher need to play

Reactions: angusyoung

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I am not sure I got the hype from last year. In my opinion he was true to what he always had been, a good 5/6 physical shutdown D with no offensive output and no transition game (and limited speed). MTL was really bad last year, maybe his performance was highlighted because everything else was so bad...
He had a decent ''year'' for his kind of talent last season , that's why people saw more into him , but he's kinda back in his original form. He changed his playstyle with Weber absence and you can easily tell.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Last year, he looked like a viable 2nd pair guy, who you can put in the top pair if you're in a bind. The problem was that the habs used him with Weber too much because of a lack of depth, and that carried over to this year. He showed a half decent shot, and didn't look out of place in 3 on 3 OT, potting at least a couple goals there. 9 goals on the season, and he had a good shot at hitting double digits had the season not been interrupted by COVID.

This year, he really doesn't look like he has any business being more than a bottom pair guy. He looks alot less decisive this year, but I kind of felt like last year had the potential to be a mirage given how he was advertised at the time of the signing. We will probably not see that form of Chiarot again.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Full marks for battling back in the 3rd after a pretty flat start and great to see DD put Evans and CC together at 3-on-3, maybe he’s finally unlearning some of Juliens coaching philosophy or just running out of the normal tried and failed options. Happy to see CC get the first of hopefully many

Reactions: angusyoung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad