Post-Game Talk: Habs come back to beat Sens, 8pts ahead of Cgy, 2 back of Wpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
watched most of the game but missed the GDT. Didn't think they would win this one. Nice to see him fix the unfixable OT issues. I was about to complain on here about our OT and bang. My dad calls and says CC pots one while my feed is 1 minute behind.

Big question. Keep him up his 9 games and save his 1 year ECL or Don't play him after that? Honestly would like to play him but that extra year might be important given our horrible cap issues already.

I have the same issue. My old man is like 30 seconds ahead and he always writes me on messenger to spoil every goal.

Jul 6, 2016
Great comeback. Looks like Petry and Suzuki, when they join Toffoli and Anderson, are essential for this team's success. Who knew?

First and second period were duds without scoring chances. The best players showed up in the third.

On a sidenote, some players should get higher on the depth chart, like Evans over Danault.

Have you all noticed that without Drouin, Tatar, Byron, Weber, Price and Gally... This team is playing better and with more passion. Might be that they "finally" feel the urgency to win games to make the Playoffs OR that this specific group of injured players that happens to me made of mostly of the biggest underachievers this season, was an anchor to this team ??? 35M $$$ in the stands !!!!

I have always noticed that Petry was playing his best hockey when Weber was out of the line up. He really takes charge.

Reactions: Conflicted Habs fan

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Have you all noticed that without Drouin, Tatar, Byron, Weber, Price and Gally... This team is playing better and with more passion. Might be that they "finally" feel the urgency to win games to make the Playoffs OR that this specific group of injured players that happens to me made of mostly of the biggest underachievers this season, was an anchor to this team ??? 35M $$$ in the stands !!!!

I have always noticed that Petry was playing his best hockey when Weber was out of the line up. He really takes charge.

They are not playing better without those players, especially Gallagher

Reactions: Dondini

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
We can only hope this continues...he did seem to hit a wall about a month ago.....but now, just amazing.
Let the kids play Dom!!
Feel bad for Anderson, his game is gone now that he has Phil as his C.
Hopefully we ge this stuff right, come playoffs....Gally and Tatar back with Phil.
I’m hoping for once everyone gets healthy

Toffoli-Suzuki-Armia
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
KK-Evans-Anderson
CC-Staal-Perry

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I’m hoping for once everyone gets healthy

Toffoli-Suzuki-Armia
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
KK-Evans-Anderson
CC-Staal-Perry

It will depend in the chemistry.

I have CC in the top 9 over Armia. But if the Toffoli-Suzuki-Armia linexkeeps playing well I have to pull Evan's back ty o the ccx 4th line for CC.

Prettyisland

Oct 23, 2017
Adding Gallagher to this equation is just a horrible take. He’s been out for a while and we’ve been bad for a while. I’ll give you weber.. but Gallagher? Please
Lol I think I was mad at the post you were responding to. This place is getting to me man. Now people are on Gallagher? Good on you for having eye balls

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017

I have CC in the top 9 over Armia. But if the Toffoli-Suzuki-Armia linexkeeps playing well I have to pull Evan's back ty o the ccx 4th line for CC.
This is like the third time Suzuki has played his best with Armia. Who knows why, but it’s working. Plus it helps us lengthen out our lineup. Could always replace him Anderson there to give us a more traditional top 6, but right now the goal should be finding a way to get KK going, and hoping Anderson can help.

Reactions: Destopcorner

Jul 6, 2016
Lol I think I was mad at the post you were responding to. This place is getting to me man. Now people are on Gallagher? Good on you for having eye balls

Get off yur high horses. I wrote "mostly" , not "all'.

We all know that Gally is the heart and soul of this team and when he is not there, the team's record is abysmal ! All the others on my list are indeed underachievers for whatever reasons,

Last edited:
Reactions: VAN-HAB

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
This is like the third time Suzuki has played his best with Armia. Who knows why, but it’s working. Plus it helps us lengthen out our lineup. Could always replace him Anderson there to give us a more traditional top 6, but right now the goal should be finding a way to get KK going, and hoping Anderson can help.

Armia is fairly good glue and he draws a lot of attention. Suzuki's style is sneaky.

Reactions: Rapala

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Armia is fairly good glue and he draws a lot of attention. Suzuki's style is sneaky.
Ya Suzuki needs a big body who can create space. Anderson could also maybe be that guy, but right now it’s helping lengthen the lineup so I’m not complaining.

Suzuki and TT seem to have some excellent chemistry as well. That seems to be the recipe for Suzuki, a high skill guy who he has chemistry with, and a big body to retrieve pucks and create space.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Ya Suzuki needs a big body who can create space. Anderson could also maybe be that guy, but right now it’s helping lengthen the lineup so I’m not complaining.

Suzuki and TT seem to have some excellent chemistry as well. That seems to be the recipe for Suzuki, a high skill guy who he has chemistry with, and a big body to retrieve pucks and create space.

Anderson doesn't create space, he takes it.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009

I don’t think the way Armia is playing right now that he can be moved outide the top 9, and DD seems to love him. That would be my forward lines with everybody healthy

Tatar-Dano- Gally
Toff-Suz-Anderson
Armia-Kk-CC
Lehko-Evans-Perry

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don’t think the way Armia is playing right now that he can be moved outide the top 9, and DD seems to love him. That would be my forward lines with everybody healthy

Tatar-Dano- Gally
Toff-Suz-Anderson
Armia-Kk-CC
Lehko-Evans-Perry

Key phrase with Armia is right now. Yes, if he keeps playing like this I don't take him put of the top 9. But we'll see...

Last edited:

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I know, we all miss him.

I'm no MIG, I have no glory to speak of -- just a rando spending a lot of time on a hockey site.

I can't even pretend to offer a reasonable facsimile but at least, I'm still here.

pY6GoKs.jpg
What happens to MiG? :help:

Jul 6, 2016
Key phrase with Armia is right now. Tes, if he keeps playing like this I don't take him put of the top 9. But we'll see...

If KK doesn't pick up his game soon, he will be the 4th line center.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If KK doesn't pick up his game soon, he will be the 4th line center.

Facts.

But if Tatar-Danault-Gallagher don't have it going in the playoffs, I want them broken up. Doing so turned the Penguins series last year. Gallagher would be great for KK.

We've seen Caufield with Danault, Suzuki, and Evans, but not yet with KK. We've seen Gallagher with Danault, Suzuki but not yet with KK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad