Recalled/Assigned: Habs call up Michael McCarron and Morgan Ellis

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2...-staying-with-montreal-canadiens-rest-of-year

He's here for the remainder according to this article. He's honestly pretty fast though. It doesn't look like it since he's massive but the guy can move. Wouldn't be surprised if he's faster than Gallagher and Galchenyuk. Having a guy like that really puts pressure on dmen and I can assure you they're gonna hate going into corners when he's on the ice.

He doesn't look that fast because he's big. It looks pretty effortless to push his mass around too.

Truly a diamond in the rough, he is.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Really looking forward to Monday's game, despite losing Weise & Fleischmann, hoping the Habs take it too San Jose. It will mark their 1st win there since November 1999, having added some beef in McCarron, JDLR, Ellis, Danault, the Habs are younger & bigger with the desire & talent the youngsters bring, perhaps WE get the Big W on Monday. Go Habs Go!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap: Also hoping that Weise & Fleischmann win a Stanley Cup with Chicago, very good chance for two really hard working gems, IMHO.

The only player that is still playing from that game is Mike Ribeiro....

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I hope the habs won't be dumb enough to trade McCarron...but if it's for Drouin, then you pull the trigger.

I would never make that trade, I have never been a Drouin fan. We need big bodies who can create space, not under-performing players with no physical play, and hang around the perimeter. Drouin would not excel in Montreal, not with the makeup of this team, not with this system.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
At this point he should be kept up. Allow him to gain experience at the NHL pace and it will help him make quicker, better decisions. His speed will likely improve at least a bit, but it will be his stickchecking that will make him a good NHLer. Good reach and IQ can make up for lack of mobility (and McCarron isn't that slow to begin with)

You mean what they were unwilling to do with Tinordi?

I hope the habs won't be dumb enough to trade McCarron...but if it's for Drouin, then you pull the trigger.

No way no how. Would be a huge mistake IMHO. Drouin is vastly overrated, just like Yakupov was.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think the biggest thing he's gonna need to work on, is his stamina.
j
He expends a lot of energy on the ice (which isn't surprising looking at his frame) and he's often gassed at the end of even short shifts.

That should/will improve with time though, so I'm not worried....

Big future of ahead of Big Mac

He ain't winnin' no beep test that's for sure. :laugh:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Any particular reason Ellis hasn't played yet or is it just Therrien being Therrien? :shakehead

My guess is because the Habs won Saturday Therrien didn't want to break up a "winning lineup". Since we are coming off a big loss and play back to back my bet is Ellis will play in one of the next upcoming votes.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My guess is because the Habs won Saturday Therrien didn't want to break up a "winning lineup". Since we are coming off a big loss and play back to back my bet is Ellis will play in one of the next upcoming votes.

Exactly. Never mind contingencies and adjustments and who was way over his head in the game that was won. I too expect Ellis to get in there, probably in the next game.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - McCaron
Andrighetto - Plekanec - Gallagher
DLR - Eller - Matteau
Mitchell - Danault - Byron

Ellis - Subban
Markov - Pateryn
Emelin - Bartley

That would be my line-up tonight

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
DLR - Eller - Matteau

Ellis - Subban
Markov - Pateryn
Emelin - Bartley

Ellis is a RHD. Play him on the right side and give him a chance, particularly in his first NHL game. And on the first pairing against the opponent's top line? C'mon, you have to shelter the guy a bit--let him get his feet wet. Defense should be:

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Pateryn
Bartley - Ellis

This way Ellis gets sheltered minutes with a partner who he knows from St. John's. It goes well...consider pairing him with Emelin for future games.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Not using Mccaron in front of the net on the pp would be very stupid. A bit like Boston did with Chara. He is our BIG WINGER we were looking for since years.

I hope MT KNOWS.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
DLR - Eller - Matteau

Ellis - Subban
Markov - Pateryn
Emelin - Bartley

Get Byron out of there, he's been putrid lately. Send a message: "Your contract is no guarantee of playing time".

Poor Danault and DeLaRose got big minus stats the other night due to being on with Bryon, Barberio and Bartley who were swatted around like gnats. Two against five (and the five included Thornton!!) was impossible even for the best defensive players.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Not using Mccaron in front of the net on the pp would be very stupid. A bit like Boston did with Chara. He is our BIG WINGER we were looking for since years.

I hope MT KNOWS.
For more than half a season, MT put DD in front of the net...MT KNOWS nothing...never take anything for granted with this clown...

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Get Byron out of there, he's been putrid lately. Send a message: "Your contract is no guarantee of playing time".

Poor Danault and DeLaRose got big minus stats the other night due to being on with Bryon, Barberio and Bartley who were swatted around like gnats. Two against five (and the five included Thornton!!) was impossible even for the best defensive players.

The idiotic thing with giving premature contract is that even if you send out the message that '' your contract is no guanrantee of playing time '' the player doesnt really care as the contract is well.....ALREADY SIGNED.

:handclap::laugh::shakehead

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
For more than half a season, MT put DD in front of the net...MT KNOWS nothing...never take anything for granted with this clown...

I think he will play Mccarron in front of the net eventually as they have gallagher and dd screening now. Pacioretty seems to be an option but he should have a shooter spot like Galchenyuk.

incognito Burrito*

Ellis makes his debut tonight against the hottest team.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Drouin for McCarron? I'm not so categorical. I think that I do that deal.

i'll admit i haven't seen Drouin play in the pros at all. I loved what i saw from junior.

He's just done way too little and his attitude really seems to stink. McCarron imo just seems like such a sure thing. At worst I think Big Mac's a 3rd liner who you can throw in on the PP and infinitely improve it. One who has a 200 foot game and a phsicality then can change the momentum of the game. That's at WORST.

That's if his offense doesn't develop or translate. If it DOES then we have one of our missing pieces for a cup. A huge piece literally and figuratively. One way or another he'll make this team better.

Big Mac is virtually untradeable imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes