Recalled/Assigned: Habs call up Michael McCarron and Morgan Ellis

BubbleGumPlant

Jul 2, 2012
Too small of a sample size. All AHL players play with an adrenaline rush when called up and usually play well. It's a different story in a 82 game season grind. consistency is huge in the NHL and it will be tough to say how McCarron will perform over a course of a season. My worry is MT and where he slots McCarron once he starts being inconsistent. Ideally you shelter him in a 3C role instead of a 4C, and you do that by moving Galchenyuk back to centre so that Galchenyuk and Plekanec are your 1C and 2C.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Too small of a sample size. All AHL players play with an adrenaline rush when called up and usually play well. It's a different story in a 82 game season grind. consistency is huge in the NHL and it will be tough to say how McCarron will perform over a course of a season. My worry is MT and where he slots McCarron once he starts being inconsistent. Ideally you shelter him in a 3C role instead of a 4C, and you do that by moving Galchenyuk back to centre so that Galchenyuk and Plekanec are your 1C and 2C.

I see it different.
McCarron is exactly the type of player who can hit that wall and get beyond it.
I see Mac and I think fortitude...

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
Is that something new from the new CBA, or was I always out to lunch thinking it was something real?

I'm pretty sure that rule was always exclusive to player's playing outside of the NHL and AHL. CHL players for example do not spend their ELC years they play </=10 games in the NHL, while players in the AHL normally spend ELC years.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
McCarron will never play again in the AHL IMO.

He's here to stay.

It has to be said.

For those impatient fans desperately clamouring for MB to trade for a "true top-6 forward"...

McCarron was definitely one of the pieces that was asked by other GMs. McCarron was the price to be paid in a trade for a top-6.

"Barganbin" was very wise not to pull such a deal.

Thank you MB for not listening the many reckless dolts out there. :handclap:

McCarron on the Habs is a total game-changer... His upside is huge. His entertainment value is massive.

Hell. Watch him centre Max at some point soon and bring the talented sniper Captain back to life.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I hope McCarron does well and take Desharnais' place as a 2nd center. He can't be worse than DD this year, point wise. 30-35 pts while being physical.

points wise it's impossible to say. He was just in a major slump that saw him go 17 games without a goal, and he's had 2 goals in 26 games. The good news is he brings so much more then just points. His play on the PP screening the goalie, face-offs, defensively, his physical game. (talking just about his AHL play)

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
It has to be said.

For those impatient fans desperately clamouring for MB to trade for a "true top-6 forward"...

McCarron was definitely one of the pieces that was asked by other GMs. McCarron was the price.

"Barganbin" was very wise not to pull such a deal.

Thank you MB for not listening the many reckless dolts out there. :handclap:

McCarron on the Habs is a total game-changer... His upside is huge. His entertainment value is massive.

Hell. Watch him centre Max at some point soon and bring the talented sniper Captain back to life.

Yes. Tampa Bay asked for McCarron for Drouin in the rumours. McCarron is a keeper and Scherbak too btw. Scherbak is a project too because he needs to be better defensively to play in the NHL and he was injured this year so it's next year that we will see the real Scherbak.

We need to be patient but I can't wait to see which player we will draft top 14.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
MCcaron was a tremendous pick. We keep trying to get players left and right that are big but lack skills so it's useless. Finally a pick where a guy has a combination of size and skills. We probably didnt draft a Mccaron since 10 years. +

Tim Raines

Oct 26, 2015
MCcaron was a tremendous pick. We keep trying to get players left and right that are big but lack skills so it's useless. Finally a pick where a guy has a combination of size and skills. We probably didnt draft a Mccaron since 10 years. +

Yeah, I never understood the opposition to the pick at all. I watched him only 4 or 5 games in his draft year and knew he was exactly what we needed. I was so happy when teams to the likes of Gauthier ahead of him.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
McCaron needs to work on his foot speed. He's like a tank on ice, but other than that, I thought that line was the best last night.

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
points wise it's impossible to say. He was just in a major slump that saw him go 17 games without a goal, and he's had 2 goals in 26 games. The good news is he brings so much more then just points. His play on the PP screening the goalie, face-offs, defensively, his physical game. (talking just about his AHL play)

I think he has to develop stamina to play harder, longer. He played a lot less hockey than most junior players but he is progressing nicely. Hopefully he keeps it up and becomes a full time Hab.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think he has to develop stamina to play harder, longer. He played a lot less hockey than most junior players but he is progressing nicely. Hopefully he keeps it up and becomes a full time Hab.

yea, i'm sure it takes a toll to move around all that weight up and down the ice. The good thing is that in the AHL he had been getting so much ice time, he plays in all key situations, and gets the quality ice time even when he was struggling to score for so long.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Is McCarron projected to be a center? Where did he play in Hamilton and in juniors? Couldn't catch the game last night, but from the little I've seen of him he looks to have good hockey sense and passing abilities.

All these years I thought we had a winger in our hands. If he can take the center spot that'd be huge for this team going forward. Galchenyuk - McCarron centering the first two lines means size, skills and toughness. That's a luxury we didn't have since I don't know when.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad