Recalled/Assigned: Habs call up Michael McCarron and Morgan Ellis

incognito Burrito*

I hope Ellis gets a couple of games. He's really improved and deserves it.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Good move to call up the Habs 3rd best prospect

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
I know he isnt really a prospect but it would've been nice to see Holloway rewarded for a couple games. Rather than 1 game of 7mins on a bad 4th line.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
So what does the lineup look like now?

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Andrighetto
Lessio - DLR - McCarron
Mitchell - Danault - DSP

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Pateryn
Barberio - Ellis
?

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I know he isnt really a prospect but it would've been nice to see Holloway rewarded for a couple games. Rather than 1 game of 7mins on a bad 4th line.

I agree I hope he gets at least a few games, He has deserved it with his play with the Ice Caps. The benefits of selling are we can give the young guys some experience and no doubt McCarron has what it takes to be a forceful player for the Habs. For Ellis this call up is a testament to his work ethic, he struggled coming out of junior and had to work his way up from the ECHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
terrible, I thought it was bad enough they called up McCarron the first time but to do it now after he's just started to pick things up after going so long without a goal. This organization never seems to learn from rushing prospects to the NHL. At least he's got NHL size/strength. Glad for Ellis though.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
So what does the lineup look like now?

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Andrighetto
Lessio - DLR - McCarron
Mitchell - Danault - DSP

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Pateryn
Barberio - Ellis
?

Hopefully but Therrien will probably ruin it and put DSP on the 2nd.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Ugh. I didn't want McCarron up. I wanted Hudon up. Let McCarron keep developing in the AHL.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
McCarron/DLR are only 20 years old...why is this management eager to rush players to NHL just to appease the grind. This is Hudon/Friberg/Bournival time to evaluate. Guys who are in or closing in on waiver eligibility.

Oh well, not like SL will do any better.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Playing a few games in the NHL does not constitute "rushing".

playing in the NHL as a 20 year old when you aren't playing that great in the AHL is rushing even if it's just a few games. You don't think that a players confidence can be effected by a few games in the NHL?

Right before they play the Kings

So I guess we'll see Ellis beat the snot out of Lucic?

Ellis isn't much of a fighter.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Playing a few games in the NHL does not constitute "rushing".

How many good developing NHL teams bring up their 20 year olds to play as Montreal will be doing with McCarron (on major slump in AHL) and DLR (has yet to do well consistently at all in AHL).

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
playing in the NHL as a 20 year old when you aren't playing that great in the AHL is rushing even if it's just a few games. You don't think that a players confidence can be effected by a few games in the NHL?

Ellis isn't much of a fighter.

? McCarron is playing great in the ahl

incognito Burrito*

McCarron/DLR are only 20 years old...why is this management eager to rush players to NHL just to appease the grind. This is Hudon/Friberg/Bournival time to evaluate. Guys who are in or closing in on waiver eligibility.

Oh well, not like SL will do any better.

I forgot about Bournival.

He's really still relevent?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad