Hudon - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Lessio - DLR - Andrighetto
Byron - Mitchell - Holloway/DSP/Scott

Trade Markov, callup Dietz:
Emelin - Subban
Barberio - Pateryn
Bartley - Ellis/Dietz

IR: Flynn, Carr, DD, Petry, Gilbert, Beaulieu

Where's Danault? I'd imagine he'll be playing in the NHL.

Super pumped to have DLR and Danault on the same line. Both are REALLY solid defensively, both are amazing forecheckers and that could be an amazing shutdown 3rd line, with some offensive potential.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Andrighetto
Hudon - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Danault - Eller - McCarron
Byron - DLR - DSP/Mitchell

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Pateryn
Barberio - Ellis

Just try it...

*Heart Eyes* (Except for McCarron at RW but that's inevitable)

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Super pumped to have DLR and Danault on the same line. Both are REALLY solid defensively, both are amazing forecheckers and that could be an amazing shutdown 3rd line, with some offensive potential.

Totally forgot about him. :laugh:

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
He should ask to be traded this summer. Looks like he will never get a shot in MTL.

I'm getting the vibe that Therrien doesn't really like Hudon.

I was really hoping Holloway would get another try. I think he can be just as good as Mitchell in the bigs if not better.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm getting the vibe that Therrien doesn't really like Hudon.

I was really hoping Holloway would get another try. I think he can be just as good as Mitchell in the bigs if not better.

He probably caught him talking to one of the "wrong" players when he was up here last. :sarcasm:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Beaulieu is doing real well. He's been solidifed as a top-4 dman.
Leblanc was doing real well in the NHL, his problems began in the AHL under Lefebvre.
Tinordi was doing real well as well. Not sure what happened there, could be the injuries.

You can't wait until a player makes no mistakes, that never comes and it shouldn't actually.

I never said you have to wait till a player makes no mistakes, far from it. It's when they are repeating the same mistakes over and over. If they are repeating them, that means they aren't learning from them. So if you have first/2nd year pros and they are struggling to learn from their mistakes, why would putting them in the NHL be a good way for them to learn. Unless you think the AHL coaching staff can't get the job done but then that would mean you think the NHL coaching staff could do a better job, in a much more pressure fueled environment.

Beaulieu is not doing real well and he's not solidifed as a top-4 dman. He's making the same mistakes as he did in his first few years in Hamilton. He can't be trusted not to make mental mistakes, poor positioning at times. Yes he's a great skater, yes he can move the puck, but the holes in his game have never been fixed. It took to playing with Gonchar to even get him to play a more consistent level and even now he's still struggling. Now of course you should expect some issues since he's still young and learning his job but at 20 and 21 when he was struggling with this issues, they should have gotten someone to work with him back then to fix the issues instead of putting him in a place he wasn't ready for. His skills mask his weaknesses but they have been there and remain so now.

I agree to an extent on Leblanc, he's the one that is more opposite of Tinordi/Beaulieu in that he was looking like he was ready in the AHL at 20 to play in the NHL other then his clear lack of strength/size. But that year was a mess, so it's hard to say what impact it had on him by playing in the NHL in that circus and then having to go to the AHL and play for Lefebvre. Personally I think management shoulders some of the blame here as they should have taken better care of our 1st round pick.

Tinordi was not doing real well. In Hamilton he had a major issue with consistency. People would see a highlight reel where he would crush someone with a huge hit and then they would go crazy about how we have the next Chara. I said then people would be disappointed as he would have that big hit and play a really good game especially on the PK, but then you might not notice him again for a week or two. He struggled making decisions with the puck, he struggled with his reads/reacts, the more pressure he was under, the worse things would get for him. He couldn't handle the puck that well. If he's doing all these things wrong in the AHL, why would it be any different in the NHL when it's even quicker.

Saying Leblanc was ruined instead of just being a bust is a bit of a stretch

It's not. This is an endless debate but was he a bust when he was rookie of the Year in the USHL and led his team in scoring at 17?, was he a bust when he was named Ivy League Rookie of the Year and led his team in scoring as a Freshman, a team that included NHLer Alex Killorn. Was he a bust playing for Team Canada at the WJC's where he was something like 4th on the team in scoring? Or in the Q when he led his team in ppg? Was he a bust when he was on pace for 20 pts in the NHL as a 20 year old rookie? Was he a bust when he was one of the top players in Hamilton as a 20 year old?

I just don't get how anyone can see a prospect that is on a clear path and then the path totally gets blow to **** and somehow the only fault is on Leblanc. Lefebvre has nothing to do with it? Management for calling him up too soon has nothing to do with it? Timmins picking him when he clearly had a weak frame and lacked lower body strength, and don't give me that French hometown crap, as they could have traded down and take Despres. I understand that Leblanc holds his share of the blame, he was skinny and never filled out his frame, didn't get stronger, took a very strange development path, and I also know that sometimes 18/19/20 year olds just peak. They were great at 15, 16, 17, etc.. but when others around them physically matured and they didn't, they no longer progressed. It happens a lot, but to me for him to show enough progress each year in watching him play since his USHL days, and then all the sudden his game goes to crap just seems to me that there's more to blame then just the player.

Habruti!

Mar 5, 2002
Gatineau
Visit site

You can add speedy Byron to the mix ...

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I know he isnt really a prospect but it would've been nice to see Holloway rewarded for a couple games. Rather than 1 game of 7mins on a bad 4th line.

Same here, the dude is in the top 10 in scoring in the AHL and they don't give him a shot. Not like the team does not need goals or anything.

holyhabs

Jun 9, 2007
would rather see hudon than dlr. not a fan of players like dlr that cant help offensively

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think Hudon is almost ready. Probably needs a bit more quickness and strength. I see him on the roster next season

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I think it's great to bring these guys up for some games.

Getting a taste of the NHL should only wet their appetite more, you get an idea of what they may need to work on, and you get a better idea of what you have in the player.

Hudon needs to be brought up for some games as well.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Playing a few games in the NHL does not constitute "rushing".

Thank god....somebody with brains. the guy is physically ready and has done well in the AHL....this will only further his development, not hinder it. Would like to see Hudon also..dunno, maybe they'll give half the remaining games to McCarron and the other half to Hudon. Let's see this play out

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I think Therrien is a better coach than Sly, as bad as it sounds, young players are better in the hands of the ogre than in the hands of the goof.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Thank god....somebody with brains. the guy is physically ready and has done well in the AHL....this will only further his development, not hinder it. Would like to see Hudon also..dunno, maybe they'll give half the remaining games to McCarron and the other half to Hudon. Let's see this play out

Are you saying I don't have brains because I have different opinion then you? There's literally no way you or anyone can know what kind of impact it has on a prospect to play in the NHL at 20. It could help him, hurt him, we just don't know as all prospects are different. My point is, look how it's turned out for us so far. Yes McCarron is physically ready, but he has not done that well in the AHL since his NHL call up. McCarron has played 26 games since he was sent down, in only 9 of those games has he recorded a point after being sent down. He's scored only 2 goals in those 26 games despite playing on the top line. And now he's called up. Does that sound like someone doing really well? He had 24 pts in 28 games before he was first called up to the NHL.

Why risk tampering with his development, McCarron is very likely a huge part of our future, making any mistakes with his development could be very damaging to us. Granted maybe it pans out, maybe he does great, but my point is that so far it's not worked out well, we need McCarron badly in the near future, and he has struggled to produce ever since being called up to the NHL. Yes he's looked good on the PP screening the goalie, yes he's been good on face-offs and playing well in his own end, yes he's physically strong and has NHL size. He still has a lot of things to work on, and now we are continuing to risk making a mistake with his development.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Are you saying I don't have brains because I have different opinion then you? There's literally no way you or anyone can know what kind of impact it has on a prospect to play in the NHL at 20. It could help him, hurt him, we just don't know as all prospects are different. My point is, look how it's turned out for us so far. Yes McCarron is physically ready, but he has not done that well in the AHL since his NHL call up. McCarron has played 26 games since he was sent down, in only 9 of those games has he recorded a point after being sent down. He's scored only 2 goals in those 26 games despite playing on the top line. And now he's called up. Does that sound like someone doing really well? He had 24 pts in 28 games before he was first called up to the NHL.

Why risk tampering with his development, McCarron is very likely a huge part of our future, making any mistakes with his development could be very damaging to us. Granted maybe it pans out, maybe he does great, but my point is that so far it's not worked out well, we need McCarron badly in the near future, and he has struggled to produce ever since being called up to the NHL. Yes he's looked good on the PP screening the goalie, yes he's been good on face-offs and playing well in his own end, yes he's physically strong and has NHL size. He still has a lot of things to work on, and now we are continuing to risk making a mistake with his development.

Sorry Montreal....didn't mean to offend, bad choice of words on my part

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004

NHL/AHL...as long as they are playing, improving, learning. What I hate to see is when they are yanked back and forth.

De La Rose looks better now that he is getting some minutes in the NHL instead of being shuffled back and forth or sitting out.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
NHL/AHL...as long as they are playing, improving, learning. What I hate to see is when they are yanked back and forth.

De La Rose looks better now that he is getting some minutes in the NHL instead of being shuffled back and forth or sitting out.

Why he so soft though? He is a 4th line player, maybe 3rd and he stood there and let Domi embarrass him. I want to see a guy like that stick up for himself, that was sad.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Yep....that's on the coach...the benching after minor mistakes is ridiculous.....I couldn't imagine being punished after every mistake I make at work, this is not how you get the most out of people, if anything, it's the complete opposite.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
Why he so soft though? He is a 4th line player, maybe 3rd and he stood there and let Domi embarrass him. I want to see a guy like that stick up for himself, that was sad.
That is part of the learning process. Everyone is looking for an edge and will try to throw you off your game, he'll have to learn what to do and some of the veterans should be helping him, giving him advise.

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
Yep....that's on the coach...the benching after minor mistakes is ridiculous.....I couldn't imagine being punished after every mistake I make at work, this is not how you get the most out of people, if anything, it's the complete opposite.

You can imagine a young player makes a mistake and gets benched...then watchs a veteran make a similiar mistake and it's ignored. Would frustrate anyone I believe but that is often the way it is until someone has a coaches confidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad