Recalled/Assigned: Habs call up Michael McCarron and Morgan Ellis

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
playing in the NHL as a 20 year old when you aren't playing that great in the AHL is rushing even if it's just a few games. You don't think that a players confidence can be effected by a few games in the NHL?

No, I don't think that players are that fragile. If anything it will energize them to play better.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
So what does the lineup look like now?

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Andrighetto
Lessio - DLR - McCarron
Mitchell - Danault - DSP

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Pateryn
Barberio - Ellis
?

Nice!! That's a real good tanking lineup!!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
How many good developing NHL teams bring up their 20 year olds to play as Montreal will be doing with McCarron (on major slump in AHL) and DLR (has yet to do well consistently at all in AHL).

and Tinordi at 20, Beaulieu at 20, Leblanc at 20. It's certainly worked out in the past. :shakehead

? McCarron is playing great in the ahl

I've seen almost every game he's played in the AHL and he's just starting to get back on track. He went 17 games without a goal despite playing on the top line and top PP unit. Since then he's got 2 in the last 9 games, or 2 goals in last 26 games. He got off to a really great start with 20 pts in 21 games and now he's had 14 pts in 33 games.

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006
Do you ever get a taste of your dream and become overwhelmed? Make them hungry while showing them what it takes to keep up at this level. Then they can spend the summer training in order to be ready for camp. That is a great way to bring along a player when you can play them on a third line/pairing.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I have never been as depressed as a habs fans since the peanut days.
I cannot believe how great we are at moving bottom 6 players and leave our top 6 out of dry.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
playing in the NHL as a 20 year old when you aren't playing that great in the AHL is rushing even if it's just a few games. You don't think that a players confidence can be effected by a few games in the NHL?

Ellis isn't much of a fighter.

I know. Thought I'd throw a curveball instead of saying Mac :laugh:

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I have never been as depressed as a habs fans since the peanut days.
I cannot believe how great we are at moving bottom 6 players and leave our top 6 out of dry.

McCarron has top 6 potential so does andrighetto

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Oh and Galchenyuk and Gallagher? Every player is different, we just fixate on the negative.

Galchenyuk was rushed at 18 but by 20 he had 2 full seasons under his belt. Plus he was a top 3 pick so a big different of a situation. But Gallagher working out at 20 and the rest not sounds like a good reason to keep doing it, as they say a broken clock is right twice a day.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
McCarron has top 6 potential so does andrighetto
Yes. Now I'm convinced. Not. McCarron is a great player but if he is top 6 we are in trouble. Andrighetto is having the chance of his life and he has been missing the boat. Not to mention we should be contending at this moment not wait for potential to breakthrough.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Oh and Galchenyuk and Gallagher? Every player is different, we just fixate on the negative.

Galchenyuk is a lottery pick player who came right out of junior.

Gallagher worked out. Guess 1 win justifies the many fails. If a 20year old makes NHL, it should be due to them being too good for AHL. Habs bring up guys to play in NHL when they barely start to do well in AHL. McCarron shows he can be a mediocre 4th liner in the 10-20 games, gets sent down and next season the cycle repeats. This is the Habs style of development.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Galchenyuk is a lottery pick player who came right out of junior.

Gallagher worked out. Guess 1 win justifies the many fails. If a 20year old makes NHL, it should be due to them being too good for AHL. Habs bring up guys to play in NHL when they barely start to do well in AHL. McCarron shows he can be a mediocre 4th liner in the 10-20 games, gets sent down and next season the cycle repeats. This is the Habs style of development.

so how else are we supposed to tank? We aren't going to lose on purpose, so what else do we do? Call up Gabriel Dumont?

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Hopefully they put these guys in a position to succeed. These are two very important prospects and I don't want the same thing to happen to Mccarron the last time he got called up.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I'm glad for Ellis but I don't think I agree on McCarron. I know he's a RW and has size and stuff but I would have called up Hudon if we're actually going forward with youth or Holloway as a thank you for his play in the AHL.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Not surprised they called up McCarron with Weise gone Habs lack of size is even more of an issue. If they move Eller, it becomes an even bigger one.

We're becoming smaller with these trades, but not anymore talented.

Hope to see Ellis play.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Unless Mac plays on the 2nd with Chucky and Eller, would rather him play big minutes down in SJ's.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Now that we know we are done. Therrien lets put Galchenyuk at center and see if he's gonna be a center.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Andrighetto-Plekanec-McCarron
DLR-Eller-DSP
Danault-Mitchell-Lessio

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Pateryn
Barberio-Ellis

Condon
Scrivens

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
would make more sense to see Holloway/Friberg get the call up than Mac...

i'm with those suggesting he should just finish up the year in the AHL, no point in rushing him especially considering his up/down first pro season.

Holliday/Friberg, on the other hand, make so much more sense... Give them the ~20 games at the NHL level, playing in top-9 roles, and use it as a chance to see what they do with it.

can't say i have much confidence in how this organization approaches player development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad