Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
images
bobby_smith.jpg

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
Danault should never be in the 1st PP unit. Never. Even worse than Plekanek starting OT.
I like the involvement of Tatar. Can't beleive some wanted to trade him for a 2nd right after the MaxPac trade.
Reilley is looking real good too, don't like the 3-4 times he took a shot form the point with no one in front of the net and no pressure. But overall a nice surprise.
Drouin finally looking like 1st liner. Much faster than last year.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Rebuilding teams need to have guys like Ward setting the examples. I would love to keep him.

The team is filled to the brim with attitude we do -not- need Ward. I like Ward but it's time to give spots to the kids.

Reactions: Fenris

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Aside from scoring a goal, din't notice Tkachuk all that much until the 3rd period and Armia knocked him on his ass.

Kotkaniemi was noticeable all game long, particularly with his 3 posts and setting guys up.
Tkachuk is going to be very overrated by the media. For some reason TSN and SN both like to hype him up like he is an elite player. For instance you would have thought Tkachuk dominated tonight's game with the way TSN was propping him up.

Reactions: Halakitlikethat

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I didn't watched the game, disappointed to read that Armia is 3rd line material, I was hoping he could fill the 2nd line RW spot. But I am happy to hear more people happy with the Ward signing. This team needs leadership and Ward will bring lots of it. With Deslauriers out, Ward size and physicality will be needed on the 4th line. Too bad McCarron doesn't seem to be fit for the NHL.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I didn't watched the game, disappointed to read that Armia is 3rd line material, I was hoping he could fill the 2nd line RW spot. But I am happy to hear more people happy with the Ward signing. This team needs leadership and Ward will bring lots of it. With Deslauriers out, Ward size and physicality will be needed on the 4th line. Too bad McCarron doesn't seem to be fit for the NHL.

I don't know, I wouldn't judge Armia on the one game. Let's see how he does over the rest of the pre-season games.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I agree. Ward is a good locker room guy to have and can simply be rotated in and out of the lineup and then flipped at the deadline for a decent pick.
Something tells me this team will not be in a position to flip any players at the TDL. They may just make the playoffs.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Armia looks slow and not involved at all but it's preseason and he's a vet. Ward I haven't paid much attention to, but there's no room for him unless trades are made. Which I could see them trading Scherbak for peanuts so they can sign Ward, Julien would be dancing in his office I bet. McCarron looks faster, I hope/expect him to clear waivers, if he can continue to work on his speed he might be able to land a spot next year especially with all the small forwards we have already.

Reactions: mariolemieux66
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad