Post-Game Talk: Habs beat Sens 3-2, Scherbust Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
So Ward is a big, gritty guy with some ability. He also is calm and does not have rage issues. I noted how he blocked off Valiev from doing something stupid last game. What about keeping him and trading Shaw ?

Regardless if we sign Ward the Habs should dump Shaw if a team comes calling. We have enough players that can fill in his roster spot at a fraction of the price.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
We were all over the map tonight as posters. One shift he looks great, then he struggles, then he scores. Some have him making the team, some have written him off. He is a project worth keeping. He makes the team.

2 goals in 2 games.

He isn't always making the best play but he didn't really hurt the team tonight and he got a goal.

For a team that will struggle to score you can't just turn away a guy who scores.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yeah, I remember that. That was probably how he does all his scouting.

Funny enough, YT is how they decided to claim Byron off waivers. In Calgary, he had the reputation to always miss breakaways. And someone posted a video montage of all of his missed chances. Carriere apparently checked that video out (and although they were already aware of Byron), he urged MB to claim him. Larry's greatest contribution to this organization.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I know its only pre-season, that we have a shitty d-core, a shitty c-line, that we have a moron as GM, but i cant help myself from being semi excited the way the team is playing.. setting my self up for another disapointement i know, i never learn!!

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
2 goals in 2 games.

He isn't always making the best play but he didn't really hurt the team tonight and he got a goal.

For a team that will struggle to score you can't just turn away a guy who scores.

Furthermore, he never looked good in preseason games since he got drafted. He will look much better during the regular season.

Writing him off is just like how people wrote off Kotkaniemi after some development camp games and rookie tournament games...

Reactions: scrubadam

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I know its only pre-season, that we have a ****ty d-core, a ****ty c-line, that we have a moron as GM, but i cant help myself from being semi excited the way the team is playing.. setting my self up for another disapointement i know, i never learn!!
This team will not win the Cup but they will not disappoint. I think they'll fight for a playoff spot and more importantly they will be entertaining.

Reactions: Frenchy

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Armia looks slow and not involved at all but it's preseason and he's a vet. Ward I haven't paid much attention to, but there's no room for him unless trades are made. Which I could see them trading Scherbak for peanuts so they can sign Ward, Julien would be dancing in his office I bet. McCarron looks faster, I hope/expect him to clear waivers, if he can continue to work on his speed he might be able to land a spot next year especially with all the small forwards we have already.
I thought Scherbak would be fighting for a top 3 spot but it doesnt seems to be the case. Without Deslauriers, Ward is needed on the RW 4th line, unless someone steps up. Other than McCarron, Froese and Suzuki, we don't have many right shots.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
This team will not win the Cup but they will not disappoint. I think they'll fight for a playoff spot and more importantly they will be entertaining.

That's all im asking for this year, entertainment!!

this team will struggle to get 65-67 points

I would bet alot of money that they will get more then that!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Habs Icing

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Hunter looked good and has had a good camp but he is the victim of the numbers game. Hopefully he can make it in Laval and get a shot later on this season.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I know its only pre-season, that we have a ****ty d-core, a ****ty c-line, that we have a moron as GM, but i cant help myself from being semi excited the way the team is playing.. setting my self up for another disapointement i know, i never learn!!

they should be a younger, quicker team that if Price is back they will win more games for sure. It would take but a few more wins last year to end up picking say 9th OA, so wouldn't be shocked if that's around where we end up. The problem is that f***ing blueline and we'll see how much they score either against teams not the Sens/Wings/NYI/Nucks, etc... or against much better goalies. So far they haven't faced a top goalie and it's just preseason as you say.

Look at the schedule to start the season. @ leafs and pens, then home vs LA, Pens, wings and Blues. Aside from the wings game that's going to be 5 out of 6 very tough games. At least we get @ Sens, Flames and @ sabers for the next 3 so it's not too bad. Then @ boston and then Star at home to end the month.

Nov is tough, 2 vs Caps both at home, Vegas/TBL/Boston at home. Western road trip for 3 games, not that they are good but we always seem to struggle on that trip. 4 on the road in NY vs NYI/NYR/NJ/Buf and a home vs Canes.

going to be hard without Weber to win a decent amount of games before December and even then we don't know what Weber will be like after being out over a year.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I am not advocating getting rid of Hudon but he may be falling down the depth chart. It does not help that his skating is very average and that Clode has not given him a serious look in the top 6. That could change next game though.

I understand your point. I'm just saying if Hudon is the one moved, likely because of his skating, we'll most likely get peanuts back.

Reactions: Tyson

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
they should be a younger, quicker team that if Price is back they will win more games for sure. It would take but a few more wins last year to end up picking say 9th OA, so wouldn't be shocked if that's around where we end up. The problem is that ****ing blueline and we'll see how much they score either against teams not the Sens/Wings/NYI/Nucks, etc... or against much better goalies. So far they haven't faced a top goalie and it's just preseason as you say.

Look at the schedule to start the season. @ leafs and pens, then home vs LA, Pens, wings and Blues. Aside from the wings game that's going to be 5 out of 6 very tough games. At least we get @ Sens, Flames and @ Sabres for the next 3 so it's not too bad. Then @ boston and then Star at home to end the month.

Nov is tough, 2 vs Caps both at home, Vegas/TBL/Boston at home. Western road trip for 3 games, not that they are good but we always seem to struggle on that trip. 4 on the road in NY vs NYI/NYR/NJ/Buf and a home vs Canes.

going to be hard without Weber to win a decent amount of games before December and even then we don't know what Weber will be like after being out over a year.

This team is going to surprise quite a few people. They're playing an exciting system and more importantly they're playing that system like a cohesive team. And everyone on the ice looks like they care. Even the Duke of Pout, JD, left his bad attitude at home.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
How are they going to trade Shaw? He's a concussion away from probably the end of his career and he has too much term and is owed too much money for what he brings.

No one is going to pay for that. He's a toxic asset. Either he's bought out or he's included in a deal where the Habs give up a much better player in exchange for the counterpart to take on Shaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad