Post-Game Talk: Habs beat Sens 3-2, Scherbust Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I didn't watched the game, disappointed to read that Armia is 3rd line material, I was hoping he could fill the 2nd line RW spot. But I am happy to hear more people happy with the Ward signing. This team needs leadership and Ward will bring lots of it. With Deslauriers out, Ward size and physicality will be needed on the 4th line. Too bad McCarron doesn't seem to be fit for the NHL.
McCarron was more involved during last game against Ottawa. He had a few intense shifts. On RDS, they said he had shifts of 38 seconds. When he extends his shifts, it gets bad. Maybe he could have an impact with many short shifts. We'll see....

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
I'd say Kotkaniemi and Bobby Smith are in the same mole. :sarcasm:

qwWiXuO.gif

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The picks that were Girard and Debrincat... Completely insane what we gave up for this guy. Didn't even wait to know what would be available, MB just had to do it early in the draft and he paid more than what Teurovainen cost.

That whole week was about making all the wrong trades, from start to finish.

Shaw
Eller
Subban

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
That whole week was about making all the wrong trades, from start to finish.

Shaw
Eller
Subban

What's insane is if he absolutely had to make deals, here's what he could have done:

Subban for 5th (Keller), Horvat and Tanev.
Eller for 2nds, flip for Teurovainen.
Draft Sergachev, Girard and DeBrincat.

Suddenly, the team is stacked in talent and poised for a tank/retool at the right time. Becomes much easier to deal Price/Pacioretty/Galchenyuk and we'd already be talking about when we'll be back with the best. Heck, you can even consider keeping Price as we'd be 3 years ahead of where we are now.

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
McCarron was more involved during last game against Ottawa. He had a few intense shifts. On RDS, they said he had shifts of 38 seconds. When he extends his shifts, it gets bad. Maybe he could have an impact with many short shifts. We'll see....

There was a shift where he had Drouin with him and had two deflections in front of net that just missed. The goalies cant see anything with Mac in front of them. He really should be put on wing & see what he can do, he’s not a center. His skating is 10x better than what it was, he still needs work but I think he will be a bottom 6/special teams guy that can add size/toughness.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I would take Ouellet as a 7th D before Benn. I dont see a reason for giving 9 games to Suzuki before Kotka.
I mean, he's only had 1 game. It's possible he plays a great game tomorrow and impresses the coach enough. Either way, just put Benn on waivers. Not a big loss.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
What's insane is if he absolutely had to make deals, here's what he could have done:

Subban for 5th (Keller), Horvat and Tanev.
Eller for 2nds, flip for Teurovainen.
Draft Sergachev, Girard and DeBrincat.

Suddenly, the team is stacked in talent and poised for a tank/retool at the right time. Becomes much easier to deal Price/Pacioretty/Galchenyuk and we'd already be talking about when we'll be back with the best. Heck, you can even consider keeping Price as we'd be 3 years ahead of where we are now.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing :laugh:

Reactions: Belial

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Hindsight is a wonderful thing :laugh:

That deal was offered by Vancouver. Keller was going to be available at 5. One of McAvoy, Jost or Sergachev was going to be there at 9, in all likelyhood, barring a Pulju being taken by Columbus (then in that case, Dubois was falling to 5).

There were a number of early secound round candidates that were likely going to be there as well.

Bickell (and likely Teurovainen) was shopped a few days before the draft. You have to think Bergevin knew about it considering he's had many talks with Chicago that year.

These were all available. He chose Subban-Weber and Shaw for 2 high seconds. It's not hindsight when you can tell even as the deals are done that they're awful and other, better deals were passed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad