Post-Game Talk: Habs beat Sens 3-2, Scherbust Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
This team is going to surprise quite a few people. They're playing an exciting system and more importantly they're playing that system like a cohesive team. And everyone on the ice looks like they care. Even the Duke of Pout, JD, left his bad attitude at home.

We'll see, it's only preseason and they haven't faced a top goalie yet. They barely beat what should be the worst team in the league. That defense is going to be ugly and without Weber it's likely going to be hard pressed to produce goals from back there. Then you have the centers, but might as well wait and see the final roster.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do better, I expect them too. Plus I so badly want to see us get a top 2 pick that I'll will bet they end up picking like 9th or so just out of reach of something really great like this past summer.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
This is one of those games that proves that stats can be misleading. Tkachuk has a goal to his name but that was on a breakaway and he was otherwise invisible. Kotkaniemi created something every shift and hit three posts.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
This is one of those games that proves that stats can be misleading. Tkachuk has a goal to his name but that was on a breakaway and he was otherwise invisible. Kotkaniemi created something every shift and hit three posts.

Tkachuk was really strong along the board but lost pucks and there was one play in the first where he was just stripped of it like someone in juniors. Speed didn't look good. Most, if not all, of the times he looked good was coming off Stone creating tons of time and space or making sick plays.

He's a good player. Still not convinced he belonged in the top 5.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Tkachuk was really strong along the board but lost pucks and there was one play in the first where he was just stripped of it like someone in juniors. Speed didn't look good. Most, if not all, of the times he looked good was coming off Stone creating tons of time and space or making sick plays.

He's a good player. Still not convinced he belonged in the top 5.

Yeah he’s a good player and I don’t mean to say he was bad, but I think it’s clear that Kotkaniemi influences the game more.

Reactions: Andrei79

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Missed the game.

Like that so much positives about Kotkaniemi.

However to always be the debbie downer...
This team beat Ottawa. Granted it was a come-from-behind win, which is great. It's still Ottawa.

Great sign some players look good, but still just pre season.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Kotkaniemi is a smart player and he shows it on every shift, he does not look out of place but like others have said, he might benefit from one more year back home, I can see him get 9 games though.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
How was Price? Taped the game, will look at it tomorrow morning. Had more important things to do, like an Antigua rum tasting evening at our friend's house.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
Seems like just yesterday everyone was arguing with me and claimed that it was a terrible trade and that Beualieu is better. I know who those guys are, but I'll be a good guy and won't tag them. I seriously hope Reilly ends up being our Justin Schultz.

Reilly might/is probably better than Beaulieu but Beaulieu is/was better than Benn for sure.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad