Wagner--Amadio--Lewis
Clifford

Anderson--Doughty
Martinez--Walker
Forbort--Ladue
Phanuef

Quick
Campbell

Sad part is that I think this team will be good but bad. Good enough to not get a top 10 pick but bad enough to not make the playoffs. Which will be the downfall of this "retool".

This was our year to get a top prospect (thanks lottery #Edmontonsucks) because I don't think they will pick anywhere lower than 13 OA.
Toffoli, Carter, AND Lewis still on the team?

Gross.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

Gross.
Yes they will be on the team so more than a few people on here need to understand that... nobody wants to give value for these guys and Blake with hold on to them with the hope they return near their norms... if not, then he sells them for what he would have gotten anyways except now a guy like Carts has less term so he might seem more reasonable for a contender

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I know this will never happen, but I've never been any good at tanking strategy (only blind, dumb optimism).

Trade Phaneuf to an up and coming team with cap space by sacrificing Toffoli or Campbell along with him (if it's Campbell, trade Toffoli to move up a few spots from our late first or 2nd rounder to make sure we get a guy we're targeting). Trade Lewis at the draft for later round picks or near-NHL ready prospect. Sign Tyler Meyers with the extra cap space.

Assuming the season starts fairly well, start looking to trade Carter around Thanksgiving. If Campbell is still around, he'd also be a nice asset to a team who a took a shot on another goalie and by then is struggling. Both could provide some picks/prospects at the least, but could also be used to try and acquire younger players looking for a change of scenery (e.g. Robby Fabbri?) If Carter is moved, either promote Wagner or cross your fingers someone like Kupari can jump in.

Brown - Kopitar - Iafallo
Prokhorkin - Vilardi - Kovalchuk
Grundstrom - Kempe - Carter
Clifford - JAD - Wagner

Forbort - Doughty
Brickley - Myers
Clague - Martinez

Quick
Campbell/Peterson

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I always seem to forget someone when doing these sorts of things, but here goes

Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Kempe - Carter - Grundstrom
Prokhorkin - Amadio - Kovalchuck
Clifford - JAD/ vet Ufa - Wagner

extras Lewis, Luff and Lipstick

Forbort - Doughty
MacDermid- Voynov
Martinez- Roy/ LaDue

Quick
Campbell

Tofolli moved at the draft for a 2nd +
Carter , Quick and Kovalchuck come back strong with a more dominant coach
Phaneuf decides to be a stay at home dad.
Kupari, Villardi and other kids given cup of tea

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA

Gross.

Here's what everyone forgets. After the TDL, Rosen did an article on why certain players didn't get moved.

Toffoli had many teams asking about him but Blake never received an offer adequate to trade him. Which means management will hold out on moving Toffoli (hoping he improves), so he'll likely be staying until the TDL. They will not lose a "youngish" asset for nothing.

Carter on the other hand had no calls come in asking his price. Since then, nothing has changed in his game to warrant anyone calling for his services. Meaning he will stay as long as the TDL or until his game improves.

Lewis/Clifford had teams call about them but LA declined to move them as they are heart and soul type of guys. Guys that you want the young guns to learn from. They are less likely to be moved but if the right price comes along than see you later.

Phanuef will be around for at least this coming season because...

A) too expensive to trade him away (1st rounder)
B) too expensive to buy out this summer in the long run.

The Kings are kind of hamstrung on the older "core" until they pick up their game or some team very desperate in win now mode needs a low cost guy.

P.S. I think Carters game will improve massively playing on the wing. He just needs to give a shit. I also think that Quick will be the first person moved

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Phanuef will be around for at least this coming season because...

A) too expensive to trade him away (1st rounder)
B) too expensive to buy out this summer in the long run.

I'm wondering if it will be possible to hide Phaneuf's contract in the minors....? Either that, or he's the designated healthy scratch.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I know this will never happen, but I've never been any good at tanking strategy (only blind, dumb optimism).

Trade Phaneuf to an up and coming team with cap space by sacrificing Toffoli or Campbell along with him (if it's Campbell, trade Toffoli to move up a few spots from our late first or 2nd rounder to make sure we get a guy we're targeting). Trade Lewis at the draft for later round picks or near-NHL ready prospect. Sign Tyler Meyers with the extra cap space.

Assuming the season starts fairly well, start looking to trade Carter around Thanksgiving. If Campbell is still around, he'd also be a nice asset to a team who a took a shot on another goalie and by then is struggling. Both could provide some picks/prospects at the least, but could also be used to try and acquire younger players looking for a change of scenery (e.g. Robby Fabbri?) If Carter is moved, either promote Wagner or cross your fingers someone like Kupari can jump in.

Brown - Kopitar - Iafallo
Prokhorkin - Vilardi - Kovalchuk
Grundstrom - Kempe - Carter
Clifford - JAD - Wagner

Forbort - Doughty
Brickley - Myers
Clague - Martinez

Quick
Campbell/Peterson

I still want to see your Avitar as at least the king's 3rd.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Toffoli or Campbell wouldn't be enough to be free of Phaneuf. You'd have to trade Kupari(assuming he's got that sort of potential), or the 5th pick, something like that.

Since nobody would want that, the options with Phaneuf are, keep him, buy him out(needlessly), or take back an equally bad contract if he would agree to go anywhere else.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
It sucks that we can't simply get rid of Dion without adding a good piece. That cap hit could be used on other areas of need. Even a buyout this summer will sting a bit.

SEASONBASE SALARYINITIAL CAP HITACTUAL COSTSAVINGSFINAL CAP HIT
2019-20$5,500,000$7,000,000$1,416,667$4,083,333$2,916,667
2020-21$3,000,000$7,000,000$1,416,667$1,583,333$5,416,667
2021-22$0$0$1,416,667-$1,416,667$1,416,667
2022-23$0$0$1,416,667-$1,416,667$1,416,667
TOTAL$8,500,000$14,000,000$5,666,667$2,833,333$11,166,667
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Toffoli or Campbell wouldn't be enough to be free of Phaneuf. You'd have to trade Kupari(assuming he's got that sort of potential), or the 5th pick, something like that.

Since nobody would want that, the options with Phaneuf are, keep him, buy him out(needlessly), or take back an equally bad contract if he would agree to go anywhere else.

i hope LA either keeps him in the press box or deals him to Montreal for Alzner + . I may even do Dion for Alzner 1 for 1 as the buy out on Alzner is alot better.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
But why would Montreal?

get out of a deal a year sooner? I don't think they would. A few months ago I started a thread simply called Alzner vs Phaneuf and it was closed in like 5 posts, but all 5 posts said that Dion had more value.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Blake is gonna regret big time trading Kubalik rights to Chicago for a crappy 5th rounder.

He’s NHL ready and he’ll produce.

Mark these words

The scary thing about this is you have one team that's been amazing at finding and developing top-six forwards making a trade with another team that has been the exact opposite.

Like when the Kings traded for Jack Campbell from Dallas. The Stars haven't developed a decent goalie since Marty Turco

Reactions: Albi

Albi

Nov 24, 2004
Claro - Switzerland
The scary thing about this is you have one team that's been amazing at finding and developing top-six forwards making a trade with another team that has been the exact opposite.

Like when the Kings traded for Jack Campbell from Dallas. The Stars haven't developed a decent goalie since Marty Turco
Exactly.

And trust me, I’ve watched him playing the whole season: he can do it all. He skates well, has a wicked one timer and is an excellent PKer as well.

The fact we gave up on him for basically nothing really puzzles me, also considering our lack of talent up front. Besides, he’s got tons of room to get better.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Phaneuf could get injured or even retire if he's healthy scratched enough. I'm sure the problem will work itself out. LoL, trade him for Lucic?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Blake is gonna regret big time trading Kubalik rights to Chicago for a crappy 5th rounder.

He’s NHL ready and he’ll produce.

Mark these words
He didn't want to trade him. He tried to sign him, but he wouldn't sign here.

saintsnsoldiers

GO KINGS GO
Jun 13, 2007
Arizona, Tucson
Kempe Kopi Brown
Kovy Porky Toffoli
Luff Amadio Wagner
Cliffy JAD Iaffalo

Doughty Byram
Anderson Marty
Roy Walker
Drui/McPunchyouintheface

Carter Lewy Dion Forbert= traded bought out waved ltir
Toffoli Marty Brown moved on or before deadline to make way for youth
Kulpari Thomas Clague call ups

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Kempe Kopi Brown
Kovy Porky Toffoli
Luff Amadio Wagner
Cliffy JAD Iaffalo

Doughty Byram
Anderson Marty
Roy Walker
Drui/McPunchyouintheface

Carter Lewy Dion Forbert= traded bought out waved ltir
Toffoli Marty Brown moved on or before deadline to make way for youth
Kulpari Thomas Clague call ups

Roy and Walker both play RHD. You can't call up Thomas from the OHL next year.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
It sucks that we can't simply get rid of Dion without adding a good piece. That cap hit could be used on other areas of need. Even a buyout this summer will sting a bit.

SEASONBASE SALARYINITIAL CAP HITACTUAL COSTSAVINGSFINAL CAP HIT
2019-20$5,500,000$7,000,000$1,416,667$4,083,333$2,916,667
2020-21$3,000,000$7,000,000$1,416,667$1,583,333$5,416,667
2021-22$0$0$1,416,667-$1,416,667$1,416,667
2022-23$0$0$1,416,667-$1,416,667$1,416,667
TOTAL$8,500,000$14,000,000$5,666,667$2,833,333$11,166,667
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reduce those final CAP hit numbers by 25% since that is what Ottawa will have to pay as part of the buy-out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad