Kempe - Carter - Toffoli
Iafallo - Prokhorkin - Wagner
Clifford - Amadio - Lewis
Forbort - Doughty
Martinez - Walker
Ryan - Roy
Quick - Campbell

After the TDL.....

Kovalchuk - Kopitar - Brown ... I dont see Kovy moving unless he starts scoring zee goals
Kempe - Prokhorkin - Carter ... IMO Porks proves his worth and Carter rebounds on the Wing
Iafallo - Amadio - Wagner ... Could be really, really fun
Clifford - JAD - Grundstrom ... I think JAD/Grundy build chemistry in Ontario and it carries to teh Kings

Forbort - Doughty .... Very bad D finally gets us teh 1OA??? I hope
Anderson - Walker
Brickley - LaDue

Quick - Petersen.. Quick likely bounces back and spoils our chances at the 1OA:skeptic:

Reactions: LAKings88

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Part of the developmental process is rewarding those who earn their spot. Give nothing for free, but reward those who deserve it. Competition is the goal here, and nobody here is so vital that they deserve a roster spot just to avoid waivers.

I neglected to state that an amazing camp could force their hand but I feel like said camp performance is going to have to be extraordinary and not just very good.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Part of the developmental process is rewarding those who earn their spot. Give nothing for free, but reward those who deserve it. Competition is the goal here, and nobody here is so vital that they deserve a roster spot just to avoid waivers.

That's a nice ideal situation, but much more likely than not, everyone with one-way contracts will be on the roster, and the veteran guys will still get their minutes. It's about the money. The guys that are making a $100k+ at the AHL level on two-way deals, they're easier to have as healthy scratches at the NHL level, because they're both not good, and most likely making the NHL minimum.

There aren't all that many spots realistically open for the youngest players to win. Even now, in 2019. Blake has already said he's not going to rush anyone. There will be competition in camp(assuming they're actually ready to participate in camp this time), but 75%, maybe 85% of the roster is already set. Very likely that most, if not all, 18-21 year olds won't be on the opening night roster.

It's a throwaway year. It's about getting another year off the contracts for the vets, and seeing if anyone in the 24-27 age range is worth keeping around for any reason.

Kovalchuk-Kopitar-Brown
Prokhorkin-Carter-Toffoli
Iafallo-A.Kempe-M.Kempe
Clifford-Amadio-Lewis
Frk

Forbort-Doughty
Martinez-Walker
Ryan-LaDue
MacDermid

Quick
Campbell

Or whatever. Carter can move over, I guess Prokhorkin can play C too, so however it would figure itself out.

Wagner and/or Grundstrom could be in there instead of MK and/or Frk. Wagner kind of got his spot because of injuries last year, but made the most of it. He probably has a spot to lose, but you never know. The only issue with both Wagner and Grundstrom is that the team still has a bunch of wingers that they're paying NHL money to. I think we would all rather just see them play over say Toffoli, but that's not going to happen. Toffoli has to get every chance to succeed, because it would be great to get a decent asset for him.

With Toffoli, Lewis, and Clifford hopefully all gone after this season, or by the deadline, that's going to open up a lot of space for a number of young players heading into 20-21. Then Prokhorkin might go back to the KHL if he's not happy, if they were somehow able to unload Kovalchuk, that opens up that much more space. Only time will tell.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
So it’s something like:

Iaffalo Kopi Brown
Kovy Kempe Toffoli
Wagner Amadio Carter
Clifford Lizotte Lewis
Grundstrom

DD Bjornfot
Amart Roy
Hutton MacDermaid (Forbort)
Ryan (Gone when DF comes back)

Quick
Campbell

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
They won't put MacDermid is his off-side. You'll either see Walker to the right of Hutton, or they will move Martinez to his right and make a third pairing with a mix of Ryan or MacDermid with Roy or Walker.

Yeah absolutely.

We will probably see things vary from game to game. Right now, it wouldn't surprise me to see:

DD-Bjornfot
Hutton-Roy or Walker
Amart-Roy or Walker

With it moving to

DD-Bjornfot
Hutton-Amart

when it gets down to the nitty gritty.

If MacD gets a game it's going to be #2 against Calgary. He's probably not the best equipped against EDM, VAN, NSH, VGK, or CAR to start the season.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Oh come on now. He is a top 6 skilled player who have easily made any king team in the last 4 years. The kings needed skill. and he had it. The king made a point to visit him every year and scout him Futa has talked to him several times thus a investment in trying to get him here. He is in his prime and rosan said hes in the kings plans I get u don't like him good for you but to spend years trying to get him here only to screw up over with bottom mins or not even playing is ridiculous. Prospect of his age and a ability need to sink or swim and i think he gets his shot this year. I would be shocked if he doesn't get a shot out of camp.
Are you shocked yet?

Reactions: AmadiosAmigos

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Are you shocked yet?
I don't really think he was given a fair shot to play with skilled players but what little opportunity he got he sunk. Hopefully some time to get used to a smaller rink size in the ahl he can turn it around. I have not given up all hope yet. As i feared he didn't get the ice time to show what he can do hopefully in the ahl he ll get the toi to show his skill. He was the final cut and lost out to a hungryer player in Lizzotte. Its nice to see we have talent that he got pushed down .

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
I think what people who get enamoured with players from the KHL forget is it doesnt always translate over here. Nigel Dawes is a perennial leading scorer there and he was waiver fodder here. Its a completely different game over there. Washed up players end up there, kids get pushed into lineups, and Russians who love the offensive flair with no hitting or defensive responsibilites thrive there.
I hope he does for the Kings sake, I just dont have to high of hopes of him having any impact. I see a Pavel Rosa esque career.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I think what people who get enamoured with players from the KHL forget is it doesnt always translate over here. Nigel Dawes is a perennial leading scorer there and he was waiver fodder here. Its a completely different game over there. Washed up players end up there, kids get pushed into lineups, and Russians who love the offensive flair with no hitting or defensive responsibilites thrive there.
I hope he does for the Kings sake, I just dont have to high of hopes of him having any impact. I see a Pavel Rosa esque career.

Don’t forget 2008-09 KHL defenseman of the year, Kevin Dallman.

With that said, there’s still plenty of time for Prokhorkin to acclimate with the team, the culture, the rink size, and the system. One preseason does not a bust make. He surely has a lot of skill. I wouldn’t be surprised if he sees NHL ice this year.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can

People get enamoured with prospect just as easy as people from Khl. I happened to think the player from the khl are playing better competition then playing in the jr programs across the world. Player playing at a higher level showing skills have a better chance of equaling there number then any jr player coming in. There are many more examples of player lighting up the ohl whl and busting in the nhl/.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Whatever lineup/line combinations they ice, this team is going to suck and I am fine with that.

Just give an honest effort night in and night out.

Last edited:
Reactions: KopitarFAN

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I think we end the season with the following lineup...

Brown-Kopitar-Carter
Grundstrom-Amadio-Kovalchuk
Iafallo-Lizotte-Wagner
Prokhorkin-JAD-Kempe
Clifford

Bjornfot-Doughty
Anderson-Martinez
Hutton-Roy
MacDermid

Quick-Campbell

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Did you guys see this?

Who found the talent on Opening NHL Rosters 2019-20?
Opening 2019-2020 NHL rosters by Original Drafting/Signing team Comparison

Team/number of players on opening rosters/(Goalers+dmen+forwards)/2018-19 goals & points

We're the best

It's been that way for a decade, too.

People like to question our drafting but there's no questioning our high placement rate. We've gotten immense mileage out of even 7 rounders. The 'problem' with our drafting had been the lack of high picks and arguably philosophy.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Starting lineup not very different from last year...at least from the end of last year.

One year from now, it will be very different. I think that TT, Lewis, Martinez, Forbort and possibly Kovalchuk and Carter are gone...and 1 or both of Roy / Walker can't make the team. And we
see: JAD, Kupari, possibly Turcotte, possibly Thomas (though think he will start in AHL - but don't count him out, he's on a meteoric rise) and Michael Anderson on D.
Others not out of the question: Luff, Durzi, Kaliyev, Fagemo. This year will be big for: Clague, Brickley and Strand. They all need to step up. Don't count them out yet.
If Kaliyev puts the work in and is a little bigger, stronger, faster and higher compete - add that to his hockey sense, shot, offensive ability, he could very well make the team.
I'm not expecting that, but would not be shocked. Then if the Kings have a top 5 pick, that player could have a shot making the team. Even though the Kings are looking
similar to the end of last year's team - by the trading deadline, it could look much different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad